Brewdog

phoenix

Never tasted a Brewdog beer. Went in to their pub once but walked out again since we had no idea what to order and everyone in there looked a bit strange. Fancy buying some shares though since they seem to do really well. Hope their bubble doesn't burst if I do.

Aye DD min but there are literally tens of different beer styles out there and BD do quite a few of them

From your big std hooligan fuel lager through to a barley wine or imp stout via the session able IPA and duvel esque golden ales.

To say you dinna like BD is to say you dinna like beers that aren't lager.

I'm not championing BD here; just saying they do a variety of styles(unlike most breweries)

As an aside de molen one of my regulars dolktsof styles. I love their imp stouts. The american 'micros' also spread out.

Get into a style and I'm sure BD will have a beer you enjoy, at least, if not like.

Aye DD min but there are literally tens of different beer styles out there and BD do quite a few of them

From your big std hooligan fuel lager through to a barley wine or imp stout via the session able IPA and duvel esque golden ales.

I'm not championing BD here; just saying they do a variety of styles(unlike most breweries)

As an aside de molen one of my regulars dolktsof styles. I love their imp stouts. The american 'micros' also spread out.

Get into a style and I'm sure BD will have a beer you enjoy, at least, if not like.

Can you not just accept that he doesn't like BD bluto min.

I didn't think much of their lager bloots, and I enjoy a wide range of them. My mate had raved about it, so gave it a shot. Not for me. My tastes are evolving, so I may take to it eventually, but not at the moment.

I didn't think much of their lager bloots, and I enjoy a wide range of them. My mate had raved about it, so gave it a shot. Not for me. My tastes are evolving, so I may take to it eventually, but not at the moment.

Go Belgian then DD min

That's like shakespead Austen and dickens.

#classic

#tineless

All your questions can be answered here.

https://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks

They aren't public ally traded so you will only be able to buy them direct. Two shares (minimum) costs about £97 and gets you some discounts off their online shop and bars, plus £10 worth of drinks vouchers.

The best benefit is a ticket to the annual AGM held at the AECC, heaps of ace beers, live music and street food.

They also have the potential to increase and decrease in value...

Go Belgian then DD min

That's like shakespead Austen and dickens.

#classic

#tineless

I enjoy Belgian, german and many more, bloots. German stuff just wins it for me at the mo.

Will just add that I don't, and never have, enjoyed Stella...although, I would like to try it in its native land one day, as I've heard it's better over there.

I enjoy hops. Bring on the hops!

My favourite regular Brewdog is the Libertine Black Ale followed by Dead Pony Club. Not a massive fan of their IPA/Hard-core IPA having sampled a far greater choice of IPAs over past year or so. Enjoyed Pumpkin Head they had last year.

Any time im in their bars I prefer trying their guest ales, Fyne Ale Brewery (I think) was the guest board takeover in Dundee. Fuck aye.

Craft beer is pretty big out here and Brewdog often feature in some of the pubs from time to time... see their beers in a few bottle shops too. I like craft beer, but Brewdog is pretty poor compared with many of the other Australian and American alternatives.

Is it sold in Dan Murphy's? Agree, some very good Australian craft beers out there.

Brewdog stuff isnae that bad, but what I do object to is the wankers culture that's grown up around it and the whole craft brewing thing. I stay away from the Brewdog pub with a vengeance, I like to hae my pint in peace, nae wi posers or twats who batter on at great length about the flavour, hop count or some other bollocks.

• Upvote 1

Brewdog stuff isnae that bad, but what I do object to is the wankers culture that's grown up around it and the whole craft brewing thing. I stay away from the Brewdog pub with a vengeance, I like to hae my pint in peace, nae wi posers or twats who batter on at great length about the flavour, hop count or some other bollocks.

You've pretty much nailed it here.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...