Brewdog

phoenix

:laughing:

Anything with IPA in the title, I just switch off immediately.

What does it stand for?

India Pale Ale.

IPAs were developed as a hoppy ale for export to India in the halcyon Empire days, so British Troops could wet their lips in-between dealing with belligerent fuzzy-wuzzies. I dont know why they have more hops than other drinks ,it may originally have been to survive long sea voyages (?).

McEwans Export is an example of an IPA, although it doesnt not bear IPA in its title, meaning you wont switch off immediately.

Some brewers stopped using the "India" prefix once the drinks also became mainstream popular in the UK.

Hmmm, I was going to forgo alcohol this evening, but now I am thinking of 6 cans of Export.

I like them but my mates don't.

Mind you they're Nae as worldly as myself.

ToNight CS min nip down to the local beer shop and pick up any of the following for good examples of hefe Weisse beer.

Weinstephaner

Paulaner

Franziskaner

Schneider

Erdinger

Konig Ludwig.

All should be readily available in Tesco and the like.

I always look suspiciously upon anyone who does not just order a pint of Tennents when they go into a bar and be done with it.

If you start fannying about on what you want, it's likely that you are a bellend in other aspects of your life too.

Dinna trust anyone who disna like a pint of T lager is the moral of the story.

It's weegie pish water, tup

ToNight CS min nip down to the local beer shop and pick up any of the following for good examples of hefe Weisse beer.

Weinstephaner

Paulaner

Franziskaner

Schneider

Erdinger

Konig Ludwig.

Drank my body weight of Erdinger when I was over in Enschede recently. Affa fine.
  • 9 months later...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/24/the-aggressive-outrageous-infuriating-and-ingenious-rise-of-brewdog

Long article on brewdog.

In 2014, BrewDog became the first hospitality company with a national footprint to become a living wage employer. The company also rewards, with a pay rise, everyone who passes the beer professionals’ exams run by the US firm Cicerone. (The top grade, Master Cicerone, involves 12 hours of essays plus a blind tasting of 100 beers; nine people in the world have passed it, and two of them work for BrewDog.)

You done this exam @@Bluto10?

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/24/the-aggressive-outrageous-infuriating-and-ingenious-rise-of-brewdog

Long article on brewdog.

In 2014, BrewDog became the first hospitality company with a national footprint to become a living wage employer. The company also rewards, with a pay rise, everyone who passes the [/size]beer professionals’ exams run by the US firm Cicerone. (The top grade, Master Cicerone, involves 12 hours of essays plus a blind tasting of 100 beers; nine people in the world have passed it, and two of them work for BrewDog.)[/size]

You done this exam @@Bluto10?

May give it a bash.

Weinstephaner

Paulaner

Franziskaner

Schneider

Erdinger

Konig Ludwig.

Franziskaner is quality stuff, my absolute favourite beer for the last 6 months or so, £2.29 for a 500ml bottle in my local co-op though which is steep £1.60 ish if you can get yersel to a Tesco

Franziskaner is quality stuff, my absolute favourite beer for the last 6 months or so, £2.29 for a 500ml bottle in my local co-op though which is steep £1.60 ish if you can get yersel to a Tesco

I am partial to the monk as well,

Tesco always has them at £1.65.

Lidls occasionally has them at £1.49, speaking of Lidls, they have a weiss beer called Blanche de Namur, only £1.29 a bottle.

It's a pub, it has decent beer, the people have nicer clothes than you and you can't grow a decent beard, they dont talk about running and have never been in charge of a bus. Who cares, doesn't mean they are shit.

Never actually tried to grow a beard but I dare say I could give it much better shot than yourself given you still suffer acne like a 12 year old girl.