"hillsborough Files To Be Released"

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The final Anfield memorial service to remember 96 football fans who died at Hillsborough will take place in April.

Memorial services have been held at Liverpool's stadium most years since the disaster on 15 April 1989.
Hillsborough families have agreed that this year's service - on the 27th anniversary - will be the final one.
The coroner at the inquests into the fatal crush at the Sheffield stadium will start summing up evidence later this month.
The decision to end the Anfield services was made by the Hillsborough Family Support Group (HFSG) following consultation with the relatives of those who died.
On Tuesday, Coroner Lord Justice Goldring adjourned the inquests, being held in Warrington, Cheshire, until 25 January when he expects to summarise evidence for the jury.
Margaret Aspinall, chairwoman of the HFSG, said: "The 96 will never be forgotten. This final memorial service will provide the families with some closure."
Mrs Aspinall, whose 18-year-old son James died in the disaster, added: "The HFSG would like to thank everyone for all the support the families have received over the past 27 years and all those people who have attended the service at Anfield each year.
"We hope that the public and fans respect the decision of the HFSG and will continue to remember the 96 in their own, perhaps more private, way."

Surprised at the Scousers giving up their annual grief-fest.

I think that the truth of it is if Liverpool had been able to continue their successful spell of the '80s into the 90s and beyond then we'd be seeing a lot less about pitch/stadium-based disasters from fans in the ground.

However a certain amount of the drama queen element is there too if you consider the way that Bradford FC commemorates their disaster which IMHO is much more dignified.

I think that the truth of it is if Liverpool had been able to continue their successful spell of the '80s into the 90s and beyond then we'd be seeing a lot less about pitch/stadium-based disasters from fans in the ground.

However a certain amount of the drama queen element is there too if you consider the way that Bradford FC commemorates their disaster which IMHO is much more dignified.

Is that for when ASC ran them all over their shit toon?

Me too, its right to remember the dead but all the runctions and finger-pointing over the tragedy should be put to bed by now.

Remember the dead, but dont prolong grief and bitterness.

To be fair the fans were done up like kippers by the authorities with regards to Hillsborough. Their dead loved ones were portrayed as pissed up hooligans who got what they deserved. When it fact It it was the organisers and police who royally fucked up. Question is what will happen after the inquiry is finished? Will there be prosecutions?

To be fair the fans were done up like kippers by the authorities with regards to Hillsborough. Their dead loved ones were portrayed as pissed up hooligans who got what they deserved. When it fact It it was the organisers and police who royally fucked up. Question is what will happen after the inquiry is finished? Will there be prosecutions?

I'd say all 3 were to blame, but the levels of blame were disproportionate.

Would I be right in saying that the head of the relevant police force on that day is now dead as is the original judge who wrongly apportioned the blame.

So unless there's a chief match steward who is still alive who they want to blame or the club itself for overselling the ground then I don't know who's left.

• 3 months later...

The fans behaviour was based on information police sources were feeding the media. In other words it was bullshit.

The fans behaviour outside the stadium has been broadcast many times.

That was not fabricated.

Ticketless fans admitted that they used the moment to get in.

Totally agree that there was a cover up in respect of evidence and justice has been served.