Top Given Names In Scotland

vanderark14

Congrats ChutneyLove and Bobo! Two more dons on the way.

Billy, Willie and William. Sorted.

There's an imminent arrival in the ChutneyLove household and we haven't picked a name yet. We don't know what type it is yet either. Any suggestions will be considered and then probably ignored.

That is exactly what they did. :cheers:

Congratulations Bobo. It's a caker. Get them into a routine as soon as you can. Took us about three weeks with the first one. She was bloody nocturnal up until then. Bath-time exactly the same time every night, followed by feed then bed - works wonders. Once we got her feeding times stretched out we were getting full nights sleeps. She's bedded by 7pm every night now and I sometimes have to wake her up in the mornings. We're hoping the next one is just as good at settling.

We thought about Isabelle for our first LGIR, though don't think it's on the radar this time. There are some right shitey names out there. My wife made me look through a list of 2,000 and I didn't like a single one.

Congratulations Bobo. It's a caker. Get them into a routine as soon as you can. Took us about three weeks with the first one. She was bloody nocturnal up until then. Bath-time exactly the same time every night, followed by feed then bed - works wonders. Once we got her feeding times stretched out we were getting full nights sleeps. She's bedded by 7pm every night now and I sometimes have to wake her up in the mornings. We're hoping the next one is just as good at settling.We thought about Isabelle for our first LGIR, though don't think it's on the radar this time. There are some right shitey names out there. My wife made me look through a list of 2,000 and I didn't like a single one.

Danny is a good name can be used male or female too.

Congratulations Bobo. It's a caker. Get them into a routine as soon as you can. Took us about three weeks with the first one. She was bloody nocturnal up until then. Bath-time exactly the same time every night, followed by feed then bed - works wonders. Once we got her feeding times stretched out we were getting full nights sleeps. She's bedded by 7pm every night now and I sometimes have to wake her up in the mornings. We're hoping the next one is just as good at settling.We thought about Isabelle for our first LGIR, though don't think it's on the radar this time. There are some right shitey names out there. My wife made me look through a list of 2,000 and I didn't like a single one.

Isabella, Imogen or Iris. We (she) chose Imogen.

Second one was Esme, Esther or Isabella again. We (she) chose Esme.

I had Theo and Elvis for boys. Maybe next time. 2 daughters, 1 wife, 2 female cats and 3 chickens. I feel femaled out. An Elvis or a Theo would restore a bit of balance.

Congratulations Bobo. It's a caker. Get them into a routine as soon as you can. Took us about three weeks with the first one. She was bloody nocturnal up until then. Bath-time exactly the same time every night, followed by feed then bed - works wonders. Once we got her feeding times stretched out we were getting full nights sleeps. She's bedded by 7pm every night now and I sometimes have to wake her up in the mornings. We're hoping the next one is just as good at settling.

We thought about Isabelle for our first LGIR, though don't think it's on the radar this time. There are some right shitey names out there. My wife made me look through a list of 2,000 and I didn't like a single one.

Cheers Chutney. Last night was a tough one but we were told the third night is always the worst.

Hopefully get him in to a routine as quickly as you did!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• 1 year later...

Jack and Emily may have been the most popular baby names last year but many parents were keen for something more unusual for their bundles of joy.

The National Records of Scotland published the full list of all forenames given to babies born in Scotland in 2014.
With 2102 boys names and 2894 unique girls names given to just one child, thousands of parents blessed their baby with a unique name.
Among the more unusual names were girls called Maddyson-Dyamonds, Halo-Heaven, Godstreasure, Hiya and Twinkle.
Other girls were named Thirteena-Star, Wynter-Lilly and Tygar-Lilli.
For boys, unique parents opted for Spartacus, Sherlock, Grayson-Fox, Re-Gabriel and Bear.
Unusual spellings of more common names also cropped up, with boys called Daanyal and Dhaniel and girls named Rabecca and Caara.
Some parents thought just one or two letters were enough for their baby boy, with M, R, T and Jj all used.

:clangers2: