Sevco Thread

Voting doesnt need to change until they are due back in that could be another 2 years before we REALLY need to worry about changing it.

it wont be next year so even then its a year - so long as there is 3 months notice that is MORE than enough time to change any voting rights

Given that Aberdeen have shown that they will vote sensibly within the 11-1 voting dont see why we shouldnt keep it

remember it was only AFC and the OF that were voting against the stupid view of the other 9 over the TV deal that ended up being a farce (and ended up costing us all aerious money) - I trust our board to do the right thing more than I trust the other 10 teams to be honest

Yous are dancing with the devil Bamber, and I hope for all our sakes he doesn't come up out the fire to bite you on the bum.

Plus, how sensible is it for your board to vote to keep the status quo which seen the Bigot Brothers stranglehold the SKY money with a pay out structure linked to final league position? Didn't it matter to you a couple of seasons ago when yous were languishing at the bottom in need of a fairer share?

why?

The aint back for between 1 and a half and 2 and a half years - I trust the other 10 a lot less than my own clubs board and so long as it is changed before they come back it makes no difference - just because we are in the sweetie shop we dont have to stuff ourselves in 2 mins - we can wait

1/2 the clubs in the SPL wouldnt know what the right thing to do was it it was naileed to a piece of 4 x 2 with right thing written on it and I definatly include the two edinburgh clus in that

Its not dancing with the devil its managing a situation to the best effect for our club when the rest have been proven to be a bunch on muppets including your club

why?

The aint back for between 1 and a half and 2 and a half years - I trust the other 10 a lot less than my own clubs board and so long as it is changed before they come back it makes no difference - just because we are in the sweetie shop we dont have to stuff ourselves in 2 mins - we can wait

1/2 the clubs in the SPL wouldnt know what the right thing to do was it it was naileed to a piece of 4 x 2 with right thing written on it and I definatly include the two edinburgh clus in that

Its not dancing with the devil its managing a situation to the best effect for our club when the rest have been proven to be a bunch on muppets including your club

Okay, I hope your trust is not misplaced.

Tell me please, how you see the other clubs as a bunch of muppets, and specifically how you see my club's involvement? I'm not challenging you, just interested to hear your views.

Okay, I hope your trust is not misplaced.

Tell me please, how you see the other clubs as a bunch of muppets, and specifically how you see my club's involvement? I'm not challenging you, just interested to hear your views.

The setanta fiasco

On a 8-4 vote afc, rangers and celtic went for the SKY deal, the rest wanted setanta which was clearly a risky venture, we (the SPL) LOST

They were offering twice the final deal - we told sky to gtf (well actually the "dumb 9" did) - why should sky treat us anywhere decent after we had to come crawling asking for any sort of deal after turning them down and chasing the short skirt of setanta

All our negotiations were screwed with them after the dumb 9 wanted the flash of panties offered by Setanta.

The dumb 9 ruined any chance of a decent negotiation and so we ended up with a crap deal (and sky showing no interest in scotland and killing the game)

AFC were on the right horse - HIbs et al jumped on the donkey and now the horse aint bothered about us being its jockey anymore

The dumb 9 got us the crap deal with sky - we were onto a good one with them until the dumb 9 ruined it so that is my trust in these other clubs to do the right thing

It has killed it now off the back of that decision, that decision almost ten years ago now was many times more than what were getting now.

The main reason for me wanting to keep the 11-1 is not trusting the other clubs to fast track the huns up through the divisions. I think actually things are all right now but that was the vibe in the summer with killie refusing to vote, Celtic never making a statement and Motherwell being declared 'our friends' by Rangers in the league cup tie in August

It has killed it now off the back of that decision, that decision almost ten years ago now was many times more than what were getting now.

The main reason for me wanting to keep the 11-1 is not trusting the other clubs to fast track the huns up through the divisions. I think actually things are all right now but that was the vibe in the summer with killie refusing to vote, Celtic never making a statement and Motherwell being declared 'our friends' by Rangers in the league cup tie in August

Bollocks mate, the Well fans took a vote, and their board went with it.

They were offering twice the final deal - we told sky to gtf (well actually the "dumb 9" did) - why should sky treat us anywhere decent after we had to come crawling asking for any sort of deal after turning them down and chasing the short skirt of setanta

All our negotiations were screwed with them after the dumb 9 wanted the flash of panties offered by Setanta.

The dumb 9 ruined any chance of a decent negotiation and so we ended up with a crap deal (and sky showing no interest in scotland and killing the game)

AFC were on the right horse - HIbs et al jumped on the donkey and now the horse aint bothered about us being its jockey anymore

The dumb 9 got us the crap deal with sky - we were onto a good one with them until the dumb 9 ruined it so that is my trust in these other clubs to do the right thing

Your logic is fuzzy my friend. You're on about more (or less) money from Sky, yet criticise the others for going after the same loola signs? Have a word wi yersel and make some coffee.

look make it simple (for the simpletons)

Sky offered an amount equal to TWICE what we have now

Setanta offered a longer deal but anyone with an ounce of sense realised that like the ITV pakage for the championship that went belly up that the figures did not add up

The dumb 9 voted in Setanta

Setanta unsurprisingly to all went belly up

We had to go crawling back to sky who offered a measely deal on their terms (4 OF games a year will be shown anyone) and wree shafted by SKY

all because of the dumb 9 didnt follow any sort of due dilligence on setanta and asked a simple question of How they were going to get the fantastic figures they claimed - as I say I'll stick with what we know and then get rid of when it is of benefit not when the dumb 9 want it

• Upvote 6

look make it simple (for the simpletons)

Sky offered an amount equal to TWICE what we have now

Setanta offered a longer deal but anyone with an ounce of sense realised that like the ITV pakage for the championship that went belly up that the figures did not add up

The dumb 9 voted in Setanta

Setanta unsurprisingly to all went belly up

We had to go crawling back to sky who offered a measely deal on their terms (4 OF games a year will be shown anyone) and wree shafted by SKY

all because of the dumb 9 didnt follow any sort of due dilligence on setanta and asked a simple question of How they were going to get the fantastic figures they claimed - as I say I'll stick with what we know and then get rid of when it is of benefit not when the dumb 9 want it

Are you that thick that you can't see THAT Sky deal was only on the cards because Setanta existed? Do you think Sky liked us and fell out with us after the Setanta switch? Get real min.

• Downvote 3

Are you that thick that you can't see THAT Sky deal was only on the cards because Setanta existed? Do you think Sky liked us and fell out with us after the Setanta switch? Get real min.

there were two deals one carrying significantly more risk - the dumb 9 failed to carry out duel diligance

Sky were offering CONSIDERABLY more than they are now - we ended up with a deal 1/2 of what we could have got and will never recover that lost money. Cant you see by getting it wrong the dumb 9 consigned us to the sky scrap heap? we had to go with the begging bowl to sky and ask them to dig us out of the hole that the 9 consigned us to.

there were two choices a risky Setanta Deal and a very good sky deal, thanjks to the Dumb 9 we ended up with a crap sky deal. Keep the voting rights as long as possible to keep the dumb 9 away from sharp objects

• Upvote 2

I might be wrong but I thought there were 4 options on the table when the 9 got greedy and picked Sultana; Sky, Setanta , BBC/ ESPN (can't remember which) and SPL TV was also being discussed.

Wasn't the case that Sky and Setanta were the only deal in town and anyway what would it matter why Sky were offering us a big deal fact is they were and 3 clubs went for it and the rest chased the Euro.

In the past now but important not to make the same mistake again.

SPL gets bigger viewing figures than Rugby League, RL gets a far bigger SKY fee. Wonder why?

A good Hibby just told me that yous are either deluded, full eh shite, or both.

The facts are that your chairman seen the pound signs for himself in the absence of Der Hun, and thought he would nip in there while the going was good and get that second place in the SPL.

For the greater good of the rest of us my fucking arse. Yous are bonkers if you believe that shit.

• Downvote 6

The facts are that your chairman seen the pound signs for himself in the absence of Der Hun, and thought he would nip in there while the going was good and get that second place in the SPL.

For the greater good of the rest of us my fucking arse. Yous are bonkers if you believe that shit.

Oh well, conclusive FACT then

• Upvote 6

troll.png

But it is getting tiresome.

• Upvote 2

What does that have to do with the 11-1 vote? Thats about financials and there has never been a vote on that who knows how we would vote if there was a proposal to change the prize money allocation

you dont have to get rid of the 11-1 vote to change the prize money allocation

This is about an 11-1 voting and whether we trust the dumb 9 to do the right thing when allowed that power from past experience they would make a pigs ear

Accuse us over pound signs when we vote against a finacial decison not over a procedural decison

• Upvote 1

Only one flaw in that plan, our squad and management team hasn't been anywhere near good enough to suggest we could get second place in the absence of Rangers, and if that was truly was the plan surely Milne would give Brown the opportunity to strengthen our threadbare squad during the transfer window.

When the time comes for voting a fairer financial split, be assured

that AFC will be voting for that.

Them and Celtic stood against those wanting an early return for the Huns.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

And where was Milne when Petrie was the first to bark on about "sporting integrity"?

Milne may have taken his time to break his silence but he can't be faulted for anything that was said in regards to Rangers and where Rangers should be placed in scottish football after going into liquidation, once it was clear Rangers application to join the SPL had been rejected Milne went on record to say Rangers had to restart life in the 3rd division.

Was Petrie not part of the SPL board at the time that the SPL chairman was trying to scaremonger the rest of Scottish football into voting Rangers into division 1?

Was Petrie not part of the SPL board at the time that the SPL chairman was trying to scaremonger the rest of Scottish football into voting Rangers into division 1?

Yes he was. In fact he was to be the person to brief Charles Green on the stitch up that was part of reagans leaked email:

J) In parallel to A-D above, could Rod Petrie please brief Charles Green confidentially on the discussions from a Scottish FA perspective so that there are 'no surprises' and there is a general acceptance of the plan plus all of the other conditions discussed e.g. transfer embargo, fines, repayment of football debt, waiving rights to legal challenge, acceptance of relegation and so on.

Rod Petrie = Hun Lover

• Upvote 1