Sevco Thread

Most people already do and inevitably more will.

P.s bit ironic you off all people saying that, seem to recall you were pretty forceful with your comments about lack of quality at Aberdeen?

maybe a while back it was but I've been going back more than ever lately. I shouldn't have said quality as thats not what matters considering I went to highland league and junior matches instead.

If they moved down to England they wouldn't get 40-50k fans a week at home, I don't imagine that many huns would want to travel 200+ miles to see a home game every week to play against some diddy English club. It's a novelty right now in the SFL3, but it won't last.

I can see them being stuck around league 1, or championship if they are lucky, and not progressing from there. They may think they are up there with Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea, but they are more like Blackburn, Leeds or Birmingham.

Also, they would have no chance of qualifying for Europe.

Think they would get 45000- 50000 if they saw it as the first step to the Holy Grail of the EPL.

Conference teams would be of a better standard than the shite they're watching just now.

It won't happen.

This shite gets regurgitated every now and again - journalists filling column inches with Green's winded pish.

Shoot the old cunt and put us out of our misery

It would be competing but it wouldn't be good competition. It would be even more dire than it already is

What evidence have you got to back this up?

We are playing better football this year than we have in at least the last 5 years, but some would say 10 years.

The quality has improved since the zombies fucked off.

What evidence have you got to back this up?

We are playing better football this year than we have in at least the last 5 years, but some would say 10 years.

The quality has improved since the zombies fucked off.

My own eyes?

Quality of spl is terrible, yes aberdeen are slightly improved but overall it's shite

My own eyes?

Quality of spl is terrible, yes aberdeen are slightly improved but overall it's shite

Fair enough. I disagree however. I think the overall quality of the SPL has improved since they went away.

And before anyone starts, i'm not saying the quality is much to shout about, merely that it has improved (IMO).

And I think that if the tattie howkers went too, it would improve further, and over time, with fairer cash distribution, voting rights and a pyramid system, would go from strength to strength.

Or we could always get the huns back and enjoy the two horse procession which for ten years has made my eyes bleed... hmm such a tough choice.

its not about quality though which is what so many get hung up on nowadays. I admitted I used it before but for me now its all about competition, if a club is competing crowds will go up.

Its not ALL about quality but I do think quality is part of it VDA.

But for the last ten years the quality has been shite as well as the lack of competitiveness. At least this year, one of these has improved, and I believe the two go hand in hand over time. Increase the competition and slowly but surely the quality will also improve.

• Upvote 2

its not about quality though which is what so many get hung up on nowadays. I admitted I used it before but for me now its all about competition, if a club is competing crowds will go up.

Ok, nobody watches Scottish football, bar the old firm, on SKY. It's safe to say in a scenario where the old firm left the to go to the Conference league, the TV deal would go to that league, giving shitty clubs like Barrow, extra TV income, not to mention gate receipts. It would for me result in any even medicore player playing up here ending up in League 2/Conference.

On a typical season you'd expect to play them both twice at home, so i'd say that's about 12,000 through the gate, no idea what prices they get charged, so just to maintain current crowds (in this scenario) we'd have to get 12,000 extra per season and to increase it signficantly we'd probably need another 18,000 (over the season). Is the support out there any longer? I'm not confident.

Also, I feel other clubs averages would utterly collapse, I know that's not our problem but there's no chance Kilmarnock being competitive could replace the crowds they rely on the old firm for, St Johnstone etc. I think it would cause financial chaos in our game and the only way crowds would increase is to drop prices signicantly. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in charge of the finances if this came about!.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its not ALL about quality but I do think quality is part of it VDA.

But for the last ten years the quality has been shite as well as the lack of competitiveness. At least this year, one of these has improved, and I believe the two go hand in hand over time. Increase the competition and slowly but surely the quality will also improve.

put it better than I did

agree completely

Don't miss them at all.

I'd rather watch AFC play any club in the world rather than the zombified version that masquerades as the previous vermin.

Hope we never play the Sevco cunts ever.

It is an affront to my humanity being within earshot of these cretins.

Never mind the actual visual trauma of such encounters.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Think they would get 45000- 50000 if they saw it as the first step to the Holy Grail of the EPL.

Conference teams would be of a better standard than the shite they're watching just now.

It won't happen.

This shite gets regurgitated every now and again - journalists filling column inches with Green's winded pish.

Shoot the old cunt and put us out of our misery

I thought the EPL changed the rules so that there is NO chance of the OF playing in the premiership so the best they could ope for is winning the championship???

The sooner they fuck off the better. Scum.

Ok, nobody watches Scottish football, bar the old firm, on SKY. It's safe to say in a scenario where the old firm left the to go to the Conference league, the TV deal would go to that league, giving shitty clubs like Barrow, extra TV income, not to mention gate receipts. It would for me result in any even medicore player playing up here ending up in League 2/Conference.

On a typical season you'd expect to play them both twice at home, so i'd say that's about 12,000 through the gate, no idea what prices they get charged, so just to maintain current crowds (in this scenario) we'd have to get 12,000 extra per season and to increase it signficantly we'd probably need another 18,000 (over the season). Is the support out there any longer? I'm not confident.

Also, I feel other clubs averages would utterly collapse, I know that's not our problem but there's no chance Kilmarnock being competitive could replace the crowds they rely on the old firm for, St Johnstone etc. I think it would cause financial chaos in our game and the only way crowds would increase is to drop prices signicantly. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in charge of the finances if this came about!.

Its sad but for me this is the reality.

Rules changed years after they moved to the English leagues. Think the rule is only 8-10 years old....but will have to check when this was implemented.

I know this but just being pedantic cos you wrote FIFA rules dont allow teams to play in neighboring country's leagues. :omg::P

Cardiff are also the reason the the FA cup is now called the FA cup

have we not already proved armageddon wrong... :Traynor:

Not heard any annual reports yet? The dons statement about Motherwell scots crowd should tell you all you need to know

a "re-basing" of scottish football finance would probabably be an outcome, focusing on short term problems as above is what armageddon is all about, what scottish fitba will be like in 20 years from now should be the focus....

have we not already proved armageddon wrong... :Traynor:

Correct.

not exactly as we still have one side of the OF dominating everything. get rid of both and we will see an increase in competition and the crowds will follow.

This was not anything at all to do with the MSM definition of armageddon.

Armageddon was nobody bothering with the SPL anymore & SPL clubs going bust due to Sevco being absent from the top flight.

A bullshit, scaremongering, agenda driven theory 100% proved to be absolute drivel.