New Car Chat

fine-n-dandy

• 1 year later...

S line black edition aye. With very low emissions & only £30 rd tax.

I also have a push bike & I often walk when I cannot get a taxi.

I'm green at heart but always vote SNP for the (at the moment) greater good :happy:

My mistake...every Audi I've owned has been top whack on the Road Tax...hat's off to you chief...you Green looney...

Hmmmm...Road tax costs for Audi A5 Coupé (07 on) 1.8T FSI (160bhp) Black Edition 2d £180...I can't imagine Audi are sticking anything lower powered than a 1.8 in a Coupe...

I can assure you 100% the a 2012 A5 Coupe S line black edition 2Ltr (Diesel 170bhp) is £30 a year for rd tax. I have paid that twice now, so the first time was not a mistake obviously.

Research if you like but case closed really.

Ps. Bought it from Craig Brown because he was struggling to get in & out of it & there was fk all room in the back for young tarts.

Brain over brawn cheeser min.

Dinna get me wrong I appreciate a car as much as the next man.

Its the elegance an refinement of a C class that does it for me. not your Imprezas or Evos (rich mans Nova SR).

I'd also take an understated thundersaloon like a M5 over the gaudy looks of a Porsche 911 any day of the week.

Buy German. Unless you're loadeded in which case buy a ferrari.

Buying cars really is that simple.

This is the problem with many people these days. They are duped into believing that just because it's German it is the best choice - being an Audi of BMW salesman in Aberdeen must be the easiest job in the world. The customers probably use that Alpecin shampoo as well: "German egineering for your hair".

Italian is the best way to go - as you suggest. More style, less penis on your head.

Italian is good if you want style for run of the mill quality - fiat/Alfa

Of course as I said for rich folk there is nothing better than Ferrari or lambo. Maseratis are ok too. Motorcycle equivalent being the duke.

But in the middle of that are the Mercs and BMWs. Audi's too. Not cheap rubbish like ford or Toyota. But not mega expensive either.

Was in a taxi fae the airport when eh came back to Bergen last week. Dinna ken what kind of Merc it was, but by fuck it was pimped out. Blue lighting around the floors, leather this and that and buttons for everything imaginable.The whole dashboard was one big computer wi a tv in the centre.

Mustafa or whatever he was called was cruising at 110km/h in 60 zones playing thon camel-shagging music.

Stupid fucker did himself out of about 50 kroner as he was driving so fast the cost to get me home was less than normal.