Hearts yes - but I wouldn't say now I would give him the alloa game - we need to play our best side in the cups not pander to some belief that we can see if a goalkeeper who is supposedly experienced but look like a bag of nerves is any good

No where near convinced - if he didn't wear a yellow shirt you would have hardly known he was in the penalty box and basically got hit by the ball to make a save and distribution of the ball was awful and that is in comparison to Langfield!

Our best side wouldn't have Langfield in it. Especially in a cup game.

He was directly responsible for our exit from the same competition last season.

Langfield is the reason we may not fulfil our full potential this season, if he continues in goal. We've a good sqaud I feel he is the weak link in the sqaud & could cost us valuble points which could be the difference between say 2nd & 7th. So I'm all for Weaver getting a chance he'll get more games & will get upto the league, Langfield has had his time, time for someone else to get a chance now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Exactly I said to someone yesterday that he was due an error ,and lo and behold he doesn't let me down! whilst Weaver may not be world class he certainly deserves a chance to stakea claim for the first choice keeper spot, suppose it may depend on how much credence HUN DMC gives Bandy on his assessment of the keepers

• Downvote 1

Just saw the highlights.

Langfield is a fucking idiot. He deliberately sticks his hand out to take down Samaras after he's past him and the ball going flying out for a goal kick hoping the ref will think it was a dive.

Weaver didn't look very confident but a difficult debut coming on to face a penalty.

He seemed a touch slow in the distribution but to be honest I'd rather we took our time than hoof it up the park aimlessly.

Just saw the highlights.

Langfield is a fucking idiot. He deliberately sticks his hand out to take down Samaras after he's past him and the ball going flying out for a goal kick hoping the ref will think it was a dive.

Weaver didn't look very confident but a difficult debut coming on to face a penalty.

He seemed a touch slow in the distribution but to be honest I'd rather we took our time than hoof it up the park aimlessly.

Reynolds was the worst culprit for that on Saturday. the amount of times he honked the ball in the general directon of mcginn in the second half was mental, particularly stupid when you consider the poor wee cunt was being man marked by shadow fae gladiators,

Correct...the couple of saves he did make looked easy , mainly because he wasn't flapping around like a big clucking chicken...Langfield loves a Hollywood dive and generally trying to make himself look fabulous...lets remember in competitive competition Weaver has only been beaten by a penalty and a fluke...judge him after the Hearts game

It was not a red card according to the rules.

But since when did they come into it?

Penalty and yellow card was the correct decision regardless of what anyone may think about Clangers.

Ok put it this way, just say that McGinn was pulled down by Forster in the same circumstances.would you nae be screaming for a red card?

Whilst I sort of agree with Tup, all I would say in the ref's defence is that in those circumstances the keeper makes it easy for the ref to show a red card. And if the same thing happened at the other end, then I would be beside myself with rage if Forster wasn't sent-off.

There was perhaps scope for only showing a yellow, nothing more. There was also plenty scope for showing a red, which unfortunately for us was the decision taken.

I saw enough from Weaver to suggest that he will be decent. I'd be delighted if he displaces Langfield, and in some ways the Tynecastle fixture is a good place for him to start, as Clangers' arse has collapsed often enough in that stadium. We'll be better placed to make a proper assessment after this weekend.

Nicky Weaver told to earn No.1 spot at Aberdeen FC

DEREK McInnes today challenged goalkeeper Nicky Weaver to claim the No.1 spot for Aberdeen FC.

The former Manchester City keeper is set to take over from Jamie Langfield in Saturday’s Scottish Premiership clash with Hearts at Tynecastle.

The first-team door has opened for the 34-year-because Langfield is banned after his red card in their 2-0 home league defeat by Celtic.

It will be the first competitive match Weaver has started since joining the Dons in the summer.

“Nicky made it clear when he signed that he wouldn’t be content sitting on the bench.

“Nicky will now get his chance to play and show everyone how eager he is to be in the team.”

EE

Nicky Weaver told to earn No.1 spot at Aberdeen FC

DEREK McInnes today challenged goalkeeper Nicky Weaver to claim the No.1 spot for Aberdeen FC.

The former Manchester City keeper is set to take over from Jamie Langfield in Saturday’s Scottish Premiership clash with Hearts at Tynecastle.

The first-team door has opened for the 34-year-because Langfield is banned after his red card in their 2-0 home league defeat by Celtic.

It will be the first competitive match Weaver has started since joining the Dons in the summer.

“Nicky made it clear when he signed that he wouldn’t be content sitting on the bench.

“Nicky will now get his chance to play and show everyone how eager he is to be in the team.”

EE

As much as I think Langfield will be back in after suspension, this screams of McInnes saying to Weaver that he has to play a blinder to make the decision to leave Langfud out of the team.

:crossfingers: he does the business

Worrying times if people want Langfield back in between the sticks. Need to buy a 'keeper as I said in another thread. If we accept the excuse that there is no money and that won't be happening, then there will be no improvement on the last few seasons and we can expect an 8th or 9th place finish.

• Upvote 1

The squad we have assembled is more than capable of competing at the top end of the SPL. We don't have the money to buy a new goalkeeper when we've already got 2 experienced goalies.

The teams that have repeated success in Scotland spend money. If that makes the owner / club go into debt, that's the price you pay for success. Aberdeen FC do not have a strong enough goalkeeper to compete. To get one in that will allow them to do so will cost money. If you are saying we go with what we have, then expect a similar result to each of the last 20 or so seasons - i.e. win fuck all.

I don't think we can come on here and blame McInnes or the players for what they have done, when they are really just performing at their level. Now qnd then they'll play better than average, but the norm is what we saw on Saturday (see the last 3 seasons for proof). If the players or manager were any better they wouldn't be at Pittodrie. Sad but true.

And edit to add - what makes you think this squad assembled has the ability to compete at the top end of the league?

The teams that have repeated success in Scotland spend money. If that makes the owner / club go into debt, that's the price you pay for success. Aberdeen FC do not have a strong enough goalkeeper to compete. To get one in that will allow them to do so will cost money. If you are saying we go with what we have, then expect a similar result to each of the last 20 or so seasons - i.e. win fuck all.

I don't think we can come on here and blame McInnes or the players for what they have done, when they are really just performing at their level. Now qnd then they'll play better than average, but the norm is what we saw on Saturday (see the last 3 seasons for proof). If the players or manager were any better they wouldn't be at Pittodrie. Sad but true.

And edit to add - what makes you think this squad assembled has the ability to compete at the top end of the league?

That's a load of nonsense.

Only three clubs have spent any real money over the past few years, and two of them are either extinct or very close to it.

Motherwell haven't spent any cash over the past few years and ICT certainly haven't either. You don't need to spend money to do well in this league now.

That's a load of nonsense.

Only three clubs have spent any real money over the past few years, and two of them are either extinct or very close to it.

Motherwell haven't spent any cash over the past few years and ICT certainly haven't either. You don't need to spend money to do well in this league now.

So you are counting what Motherwell and ICT have achieved as "success". Fuck me we have fallen far. I know the teams that have spent haven't came out the other side. That's not my problem, it's Stewart Milne's. Would I take Hearts success over the last few years and be in their situation? Probably, because we'll land up in administration soon anyway - unless anyone has a miracle way forward to get rid of the debt.

Motherwell and ICT succesful clubs? Now that is a load of nonsense.

• Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc

So you are counting what Motherwell and ICT have achieved as "success". Fuck me we have fallen far. I know the teams that have spent haven't came out the other side. That's not my problem, it's Stewart Milne's. Would I take Hearts success over the last few years and be in their situation? Probably, because we'll land up in administration soon anyway - unless anyone has a miracle way forward to get rid of the debt.

Motherwell and ICT succesful clubs? Now that is a load of nonsense.

+1