Did Clangers make ANY saves on Sat?

Yet he's still chalked up another clean sheet (for the stat freaks to brag about) to add to his clean sheet against celtic :clangers2:

Why not count his actual saves rather than lack of saves? Just a thought.

One trundler he never even had to dive for and one brilliant catch near end. One major flap in first half and Reynolds bailed him out.

• 2 weeks later...

All this hype over Clangers the now is going to have McInnes fall into the same trap that many before him have.

He will get fooled into thinking he does not have to search so desperately for a decent keeper to fight for the No.1 spot & will end up either extending Weaver's deal, or replacing him with some else equally as average at best.

I just hope that he doesn't make the monumental fk up of extending Clangers deal with a view to him being our No.1 next season. I don't mind him getting a new deal if it is to fight with a very good keeper for the No.1 spot because if he is able to keep a decent keeper on the bench, then I can hardly argue against him.

See the huns snapped up Steve Simonsen. We really missed a trick there imo & it looks like that Dean Brill lad at ICT on loan from Luton has started off on great form (only conceding 4 goals) & made some fantastic saves. May be worth trying to poach him from Caley & maybe get him off Luton.

Mostly I hope that McInnes has some decent contacts & comes up with fkn better than bloody Weaver in Jan.

See the huns snapped up Steve Simonsen. We really missed a trick there imo & it looks like that Dean Brill lad at ICT on loan from Luton has started off on great form (only conceding 4 goals) & made some fantastic saves. May be worth trying to poach him from Caley & maybe get him off Luton.

Mostly I hope that McInnes has some decent contacts & comes up with fkn better than bloody Weaver in Jan.

:laughing: & he goes & doubles that tally in ONE game :laughing:

He had a couple of ok saves but nothing more to prevent them making it 6. Bad day for him & Caley though.

You probably need to change your signature now as your earlier post contradicts it

Clangers must go unless he can keep out quality competition for his place has less of a ring to it though

Sorry but he would no longer be our weakest link then though would he? :dontknow: so the signature would be no longer required.

My sig stands imo for the moment & until Clangers is either no longer No.1 or actually keeping a better keeper from being No.1 by not making the mistakes that should normally bench him.

Sorry but he would no longer be our weakest link then though would he? :dontknow: so the signature would be no longer required.

My sig stands imo for the moment & until Clangers is either no longer No.1 or actually keeping a better keeper from being No.1 by not making the mistakes that should normally bench him.

Pedantry

It was the "Clangers must go" i was referring to- and clearly you don't think he "must" go from your post above

Pedantry

It was the "Clangers must go" i was referring to- and clearly you don't think he "must" go from your post above

The current Clangers I most certainly do think must go.

Until he proves otherwise to me, I will be of the strong opinion that he is fucking shite.

If we signed a keeper that I believe to be a very good & professional keeper in Jan with a view to him being our No.1 but then Clangers deservedly keeps him on the bench, well then I can hardly argue that & then I can hardly argue that Clangers is our weakest link.

No pedantry at all in that.

I could accept Clangers as our No.2 fighting it out with a very good keeper for the No.1 slot because if he earns the No.1 spot then fair doo's :dontknow: he wouldn't though. Not against a decent keeper.

The minute we sign a keeper of any quality, Clangers will be second best keeper. Simples

• 1 month later...

A very good interview that, I liked the last paragraph especially.

Perhaps not the best keeper in the world, but Jamie Langfield could be getting good knowledge from him also and this is perhaps making him play that little bit better this season.

A fair interview.

He's not the best keeper in the world, but he's achieved far more in his career than Jamie Langfield.

He gets a lot of stick from our supporters, but they are basing this assessment on just a couple of games for us! I reckon if he were given a run in our first team and some time to get back on his feet, then he'd prove himself to be a better option than clangers.

All conjecture of course!