Man for man it is maybe in the top few outside celtics but not easily the strongest.

Most sides have better keepers & pretty much all have better FB's & we only have one striker that we can class as up there in the realms of "easily the strongest"

Midfield is pretty average in comparison to the rest imo.

As I said, Pisch.

All the other managers in the league, except Lennon, would bite your hand off to have the Dons squad.

Keepers you can debate all day. For me Langers is one of the better keepers in the league and his goals against record backs that up.

Think you are doing Shaughnessy and Reynolds a major disservice by saying pretty much all teams have stronger full backs - even though these two are primarily centre halfs, I would still take them above the vast majority of other full backs in the league.

Midfield pretty average? Eh?

Flood / Robson / Pawlett / Hayes / Wylde / Jack would all walk into any other team in the league, bar Celtic.

Strikers? Could be improved but still better than most. Which other team in the league can claim they have two decent starting strikers?

As I said, Pisch.

All the other managers in the league, except Lennon, would bite your hand off to have the Dons squad.

Keepers you can debate all day. For me Langers is one of the better keepers in the league and his goals against record backs that up.

Think you are doing Shaughnessy and Reynolds a major disservice by saying pretty much all teams have stronger full backs - even though these two are primarily centre halfs, I would still take them above the vast majority of other full backs in the league.

Midfield pretty average? Eh?

Flood / Robson / Pawlett / Hayes / Wylde / Jack would all walk into any other team in the league, bar Celtic.

Strikers? Could be improved but still better than most. Which other team in the league can claim they have two decent starting strikers?

Reynolds is a CH.

Clangers is still pish.

Not one striker out of Vernon,Magennis & Zola are "better than most"

Flood & Hayes I agree.

Pawlett yet to prove fitness as as major injury history

Robson yet to prove fitness

Jack good last season but still not finished article but has potential

Wylde (was happy we signed him) still only potential

• Downvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

he was beaten??

how was he?

how can you be beaten by an off target shot?

so, mackie had the queens park keeper beaten all those years ago with his free kick?

The ball went past him and hit the post. That's being beaten. A lucky escape.

Blazing a penalty over the crossbar isn't quite the same you twonk and well you know it.

The ball went past him and hit the post. That's being beaten. A lucky escape.

Also a tad fortunate when he did one of his usual efforts with that deflected shot in first half.

Put it right back in front where the strikers were rather than push it wide.

Was fortunate no Thistle players reacted quicker.

But apart from that, the less we hear about him the happier I am.

Be nice if he built up some confidence to take into more pressure filled situations as the season progresses.

It all looked to happen in slow motion to me.

He does need to be better at pushing the ball to the side away from danger rather than right back into the mix in front of goal.

It has cost us in the past when it was avoidable.

Always been poor at directing the ball away from danger but I'm off his case for

the moment as he's not done much wrong this season.

It all looked to happen in slow motion to me.

He does need to be better at pushing the ball to the side away from danger rather than right back into the mix in front of goal.

It has cost us in the past when it was avoidable.

Totally agree, basic stuff. I've previously been a Clangers defender and like most flip between he's good enough and he's shite. Long term need someone else to improve.

I think it's more the harsh reality of life on the dole (when his contract runs out) rather than the haemorrhage that has jolted the Paisley Spastic into life...unfortunately it too little way too late...he'll be joining his hun mate Rae back at Dundee this time next season...or signing on...one and the same in reality.