So you are counting what Motherwell and ICT have achieved as "success". Fuck me we have fallen far. I know the teams that have spent haven't came out the other side. That's not my problem, it's Stewart Milne's. Would I take Hearts success over the last few years and be in their situation? Probably, because we'll land up in administration soon anyway - unless anyone has a miracle way forward to get rid of the debt.

Motherwell and ICT succesful clubs? Now that is a load of nonsense.

At what point did I say it was success? They have done well in the league is what I said, and what Motherwell have done in this league over the past 2-3 seasons is as good as it's going to get for any club out with Celtic and before, Rangers.

As for real success, winning trophies, Killie and St Mirren didn't spend any cash over the past couple of seasons. With regards to Hearts, is winning two Scottish Cups and a couple of games in the CL really worth the predicament they're in now? You do not need to spend any cash to do well in this country.

Despite all the criticism that Langfield gets, he's still the best goalkeeper out of the two. The criticsm shouldn't be aimed at Langfield, it should be aimed at a) the goalkeeping coaches b) the scouts for being unable to find a keeper that can do the basic jobs and c) the previous 3 managers for being unable to find anyone better.

Worryingly is that the last one is soon to go from 3 to 4 managers unable to find a replacement. The manager looks like he won't take any shit so here's hoping he has noticed the frailties in goal and will be actively looking for someone to bring in.

I don't see the point in abusing a player who's not very good. Fair enough if it's someone who's lacking attitude or has been good and has been playing shite, but both keepers are probably as good as they will get unfortunately. They are being asked to play and they are playing, can't blame them...blame the above.

But hes not......... thats why we have a keeper, and if our keeper cant deal with situations like that he shouldnt be on a football pitch.

Most annoying thing is that he'd actually dealt with it well & done the right things in sending him wide & the ball was going out of reach of Samaras.

Then Clangers tries to do too much & has no idea what he's doing & takes the man out as well :nutso:

The teams that have repeated success in Scotland spend money. If that makes the owner / club go into debt, that's the price you pay for success. Aberdeen FC do not have a strong enough goalkeeper to compete. To get one in that will allow them to do so will cost money. If you are saying we go with what we have, then expect a similar result to each of the last 20 or so seasons - i.e. win fuck all.

I don't think we can come on here and blame McInnes or the players for what they have done, when they are really just performing at their level. Now qnd then they'll play better than average, but the norm is what we saw on Saturday (see the last 3 seasons for proof). If the players or manager were any better they wouldn't be at Pittodrie. Sad but true.

And edit to add - what makes you think this squad assembled has the ability to compete at the top end of the league?

Simple. I think we have better players than most other teams in the league.

Money isn't there to buy a top class goalkeeper. Wouldn't say any team in the SPL out with Celtic have a top class keeper.

I'm sure any team could say let's buy an expensive goalie, full back and striker and we'll be better

Simple. I think we have better players than most other teams in the league.

Money isn't there to buy a top class goalkeeper. Wouldn't say any team in the SPL out with Celtic have a top class keeper.

I'm sure any team could say let's buy an expensive goalie, full back and striker and we'll be better

Only in some areas.

Goals = NO

Defence = yes at CH I'd agree but certainly not at FB position.

Midfield = debatable. Yes Flood is up there & Hayes for sure but the rest are either injury prone or have "potential"

Strikers = McGinn (when utilised correctly) obviously in the top 4 but the rest are way below parr.

You seem to rate garbage keepers fairly highly redstar.

First Jason Brown, now this joker. His faither was shite, and so is he.

If we are serious about improving matters in that department we should approach St Johnstone and pay a fee for Alan Mannus

If I'm honest tup...the boy Simonsen would have been my choice until I found out he wears a wig...the last time we welcomed a wig wearer the club went into decline...another would be sheer folly.

Only in some areas.

Goals = NO

Midfield = debatable. Yes Flood is up there & Hayes for sure but the rest are either injury prone or have "potential"

Strikers = McGinn (when utilised correctly) obviously in the top 4 but the rest are way below parr.

Which players and clubs in particular are you referring to?

SPL or whatever they are calling it now isn't exactly packed with class

Definitely think we have one of the best squads in the league.

Which players and clubs in particular are you referring to?

SPL or whatever they are calling it now isn't exactly packed with class

Definitely think we have one of the best squads in the league.

Well as my reply was to your post I'm guessing you would know which league YOU were speaking about but I assumed in was the SPFL.

You said "Simple. I think we have better players than most other teams in the league."

So if you could name all our better players than most other teams in the league, then you go ahead.

My point stands & covers the players mentioned when I said Only in some areas.

Goals = NO

Guest milne_afc

Langers is back between the sticks for tonight, think its the best decision all round.

Where did you see that? I thought Weaver would get a chance after McInnes said he was fouled for the second goal on Saturday.

Well as my reply was to your post I'm guessing you would know which league YOU were speaking about but I assumed in was the SPFL.

You said "Simple. I think we have better players than most other teams in the league."

So if you could name all our better players than most other teams in the league, then you go ahead.

My point stands & covers the players mentioned when I said Only in some areas.

Goals = NO

Fit? I said which players and clubs. Not which league.

Don't need to do goalkeepers... I get that

Fit? I said which players and clubs. Not which league.

Don't need to do goalkeepers... I get that

You said "simple. I think we have better players than most other teams in the league"

To which I replied the below statement...

Only in some areas.

Goals = NO

I have named all the players, or positions that we are up there in the top picks compared to other sides in the league but as for GK (obviously) both FB positions & strikers other than McGinn we are fkn way below the rest in the league. Even in central mid we struggle cos Flood is up there yes but Jack only shows potential (so far) & Robson is a crock (so far).

We have basically a decent central midfielder we can 100% rely on, a decent pick of CH's, a decent wide made & a very good striker (when used correctly).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You said "simple. I think we have better players than most other teams in the league"

To which I replied the below statement...

Only in some areas.

Goals = NO

I have named all the players, or positions that we are up there in the top picks compared to other sides in the league but as for GK (obviously) both FB positions & strikers other than McGinn we are fkn way below the rest in the league. Even in central mid we struggle cos Flood is up there yes but Jack only shows potential (so far) & Robson is a crock (so far).

We have basically a decent central midfielder we can 100% rely on, a decent pick of CH's, a decent wide made & a very good striker (when used correctly).

Pisch, man for man our squad is easily the strongest outside of Celtics.

Pisch, man for man our squad is easily the strongest outside of Celtics.

Man for man it is maybe in the top few outside celtics but not easily the strongest.

Most sides have better keepers & pretty much all have better FB's & we only have one striker that we can class as up there in the realms of "easily the strongest"

Midfield is pretty average in comparison to the rest imo.

• Downvote 2