We're stuck with clangers until the end of next season now and Weaver until the end of this.

What I'd like to see happen in May is Weaver let go, Leighton let go, a new GK coach brought in, one that can actually improve keepers instead of just having them tread water and a youngish, 24-25 year old keeper with loads of potential and hungry for a chance along with the new coach so Langfield has a year left to annoy us before the new guy, who would be blooded next season in the cups, is then able to take over and still improve as a keeper so we have someone who is at least as good as Langfield if not better to replace him and someone that will also get better with age and experience.

A 24-25 year old keeper shouldn't need 'blooded'. At that age they aren't a youngster.

A 24-25 year old keeper shouldn't need 'blooded'. At that age they aren't a youngster.

We all know keepers are different, some dont play full games until they are that age, if not older.

Blooding doesnt just mean giving game time either, its about getting your keeper confident in his defence and them in him.

All players need blooded into a team no matter what their age is.

And the best way to do that is to play them infrequently?

I think that would depend on the persons personality and ability to handle change.

As this imaginary 24 year old keeper is completely made up in my head I'll say yes, the best way to blood him in is to give him cup games and less important matches to begin with.

Do you disagree? Can you maybe shed some light on a better way to break my imaginary keeper into the squad?

More incompetent & lazy work regarding our goal keeping situation.

EVERY managers main down fall since that cunt JC brought the curse to the club.

I hope McInnes has plans for Summer (pre-contract for someone now maybe) & I hope these plans include getting rid of Jim Leighton also. He's the useless constant (almost) that has kept our shite keeper at No.1.

Black mark Deek. You're doing well but that doesn't give you licence to be a fkn idiot regarding our keeping sit.

There's clearly something badly wrong with our youth system as every keeper we've brought through for about 25 years has been shite.

The keeper at Alloa is earning rave reviews and he is one of our youth products. Paul Hartley saying he's the best young keeper in Scotland and accepts he won't be able to hold onto him much longer...

I reckon there is some sort of Goalkeeping mafia at our club, ensuring Lanfield stays as #1, whatever the cost.

The keeper at Alloa is earning rave reviews and he is one of our youth products. Paul Hartley saying he's the best young keeper in Scotland and accepts he won't be able to hold onto him much longer...

I reckon there is some sort of Goalkeeping mafia at our club, ensuring Lanfield stays as #1, whatever the cost.

Yes & it's headed by Jim Leighton.

He always wants to be remembered as our greatest keeper & is doing everything in his power to make sure we have nothing but shite in goal whilst he has it within his power.

It's the only explanation

Leighton is a cunt & is sabotaging us from the inside to make sure everyone wishes we still had him.

More incompetent & lazy work regarding our goal keeping situation.

EVERY managers main down fall since that cunt JC brought the curse to the club.

I hope McInnes has plans for Summer (pre-contract for someone now maybe) & I hope these plans include getting rid of Jim Leighton also. He's the useless constant (almost) that has kept our shite keeper at No.1.

Black mark Deek. You're doing well but that doesn't give you licence to be a fkn idiot regarding our keeping sit.

Any top keepers on your radar?

Hart Casillas?

There's clearly something badly wrong with our youth system as every keeper we've brought through for about 25 years has been shite.

Shows that its maybe not the system or training itself but the way of the SPFL and football in general now.

If you're not scoring regularly or turning in motm performances then as a kid by 21 or 22 you're deemed shite and scrapped. Even harder for a keeper, there's only one slot to fill. At least if you play anywhere else you have a minimum of 2 places up for grabs for most positions and a team around you to help you through your first few games.

Yes & it's headed by Jim Leighton.

He always wants to be remembered as our greatest keeper & is doing everything in his power to make sure we have nothing but shite in goal whilst he has it within his power.

It's the only explanation

Leighton is a cunt & is sabotaging us from the inside to make sure everyone wishes we still had him.

Numerous Aberdeen standard yes but no point in being a fanny & speaking about those keepers but keep trying :fishing:

I will not discuss it with you

And your post above wasn't fishing? At least I hope it was.

Something tells me you live in a bit of a fantasy world with your posting the past few days.

When we were languishing in the bottom 6 over the last few seasons we should have given the young boy rogers a few games. We can't afford to do that this season due to actually having a chance at doing well in every competition. When was the last time we brought a keeper through from our youth ranks?

Esson, about 12 - 15 years ago. Before him Stillie & Watt. The last quality keeper we produced was Leighton, and he broke through about 35 years ago.

To be fair to McGhee I think he realised Langfield was rank rotten but unfortunately he signed Howard and Nelson who were also terrible. McGhee did drop Langfield though but put him back in after Howard began to show the impact of training with Langfield and to this day I'm convinced that Langfield deliberately let in a few early goals against Killie to get McGhee the sack as he knew he'd be on his way out if he didn't.

To be fair to McGhee I think he realised Langfield was rank rotten but unfortunately he signed Howard and Nelson who were also terrible. McGhee did drop Langfield though but put him back in after Howard began to show the impact of training with Langfield and to this day I'm convinced that Langfield deliberately let in a few early goals against Killie to get McGhee the sack as he knew he'd be on his way out if he didn't.

I don't believe that. If he tried to deliberately let them in he'd have likely fucked it up & have gotten in the way of them.

I'm convinced that Langfield deliberately let in a few early goals against Killie to get McGhee the sack as he knew he'd be on his way out if he didn't.

It wouldn't surprise me...has he ever been investigated for match-fixing?...I touched on this recently after another of his dreadful displays...the fact that he comes across as a simpleton also muddy's the water and makes his howlers believable...something stinks in the goalkeeping dept at AFC...and I'm not talking about Leighton's breath.

It wouldn't surprise me...has he ever been investigated for match-fixing?...I touched on this recently after another of his dreadful displays...the fact that he comes across as a simpleton also muddy's the water and makes his howlers believable...something stinks in the goalkeeping dept at AFC...and I'm not talking about Leighton's breath.

Him & Jimbo are involved in a massive scam involving match fixing.

Pele is mates with Jimbo.

He knows the guys to put on their bets.

Him & Jimbo are involved in a massive scam involving match fixing.

Pele is mates with Jimbo.

He knows the guys to put on their bets.

It would certainly add up...the much publicised clean sheet record...followed by a DUFC to score first on New Years Day...who would deal with these suspicions FnD?

I think that would depend on the persons personality and ability to handle change.

As this imaginary 24 year old keeper is completely made up in my head I'll say yes, the best way to blood him in is to give him cup games and less important matches to begin with.

Do you disagree? Can you maybe shed some light on a better way to break my imaginary keeper into the squad?

I thought for a minute you had identified, fine n dandy style, a new hot shot keeper. However, I felt you were going to mismanage him. Silly me!