U20's Thread

That was Strachan point

When I heard that interview with Strachan I thought fuck me here's a Scottish manager who actually might have an idea about how to redevelop the game in Scotland and will be able to drag the SFA into the 21st century. How wrong I was as he then goes on to pick the likes of 3 club games all season Mulgrew and others for every squad since.

Well done to Seb and Hutchy.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9205.php#.WKLaEG-LSHs

Under-17 squad named for Japan friendlies

ham261016_13.jpgNational youth teams coach Scot Gemmill has named a 22-player Scotland Under-17 squad for two friendly fixtures against Japan in Spain later this month.
Aberdeen midfielder Seb Ross and striker Lewis Hutchison have been named in the squad. Both Seb and Lewis are full time at Pittodrie and play for Scott Anderson's U17s as well as being involved with the U20s.
Scotland will take on their Japanese counterparts on Friday, 24 February before the sides meet again two days later. The matches will offer Scotland the chance to finalise preparations ahead of hosting next month's UEFA European Under-17 Championship Elite Round group.

Well done to Seb and Hutchy.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/9205.php#.WKLaEG-LSHs

Under-17 squad named for Japan friendlies

ham261016_13.jpgNational youth teams coach Scot Gemmill has named a 22-player Scotland Under-17 squad for two friendly fixtures against Japan in Spain later this month.

Aberdeen midfielder Seb Ross and striker Lewis Hutchison have been named in the squad. Both Seb and Lewis are full time at Pittodrie and play for Scott Anderson's U17s as well as being involved with the U20s.

Scotland will take on their Japanese counterparts on Friday, 24 February before the sides meet again two days later. The matches will offer Scotland the chance to finalise preparations ahead of hosting next month's UEFA European Under-17 Championship Elite Round group.

Is Gemmill any good as Under 17 coach or is he just another SFA jobs for the boys appointment?

http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/news/9188.php

Darren Strong Testimonial | Buckie Thistle v Aberdeen XI

8 February 2017 02:22By Aberdeen FC Media Team

No ALT tag specified

Please see below confirmed details for the following Testimonial match:

MATCH: Buckie Thistle V Aberdeen XI

COMPETITION: Darren Strong Testimonial

DATE: Thursday 16th February 2017

VENUE: Victoria Park, Buckie

KICK-OFF: 8.00pm

Entry is as follows:

Adults £10

Child/Concession £5

50% of the profits from the match will be split between 4 charities which Darren has chosen as they mean a lot to himself personally. The 4 charities are: CLIC Sargent, Breast Cancer UK, Macmillan and The Archie Foundation.

http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/news/9188.php

Darren Strong Testimonial | Buckie Thistle v Aberdeen XI

8 February 2017 02:22By Aberdeen FC Media Team

No ALT tag specified

Please see below confirmed details for the following Testimonial match:

MATCH: Buckie Thistle V Aberdeen XI

COMPETITION: Darren Strong Testimonial

DATE: Thursday 16th February 2017

VENUE: Victoria Park, Buckie

KICK-OFF: 8.00pm

Entry is as follows:

Adults £10

Child/Concession £5

50% of the profits from the match will be split between 4 charities which Darren has chosen as they mean a lot to himself personally. The 4 charities are: CLIC Sargent, Breast Cancer UK, Macmillan and The Archie Foundation.

7-2 Buckie IMO.

When I heard that interview with Strachan I thought fuck me here's a Scottish manager who actually might have an idea about how to redevelop the game in Scotland and will be able to drag the SFA into the 21st century. How wrong I was as he then goes on to pick the likes of 3 club games all season Mulgrew and others for every squad since.

Yeah his 45min interview with Graham Hunter actually had me thinking things were away to change but sadly he's done fuck all of what he said he'd like to see in modern football.