U20's Thread

Please see below confirmed details for the following U20 match:

MATCH: Hibernian vs. Aberdeen
COMPETITION: SPFL Development League
DATE: Tuesday 21st February 2017
VENUE: Oriam, Edinburgh
KICK-OFF: 5.00pm.

............................................................................................................................................

Won't be able to do the line-up and scores as i'll be out for my birthday. :P

Please see below confirmed details for the following U20 match:

MATCH: Hibernian vs. Aberdeen

COMPETITION: SPFL Development League

DATE: Tuesday 21st February 2017

VENUE: Oriam, Edinburgh

KICK-OFF: 5.00pm.

............................................................................................................................................

Won't be able to do the line-up and scores as i'll be out for my birthday. :P

Now able to do em, heading back out later.

Aberdeen team - Mutch, Robertson, Wells, Thomas, MacPherson, Roscoe, Wright, Antoniazzi, McLennan, F Ross, Norris (Capt).

Aberdeen subs - Craddock (GK), Dangana, M'Bayo, J Anderson, Campbell, E Ross.

Yaaaaaaas, 12' HIB 0 ABE 1 (Frank Ross).

Are any of the loan players playing well for their clubs?

Seems strange if they think the step up to first team needs a loan first that they have kept Scott Wright at U20 level as he seemed as close as any to getting into first team squad.

Dan Harvie going very well at Dumbarton. Chipped in with a couple of goals this season too!

To be fair we seem to have decided the development league isn't competitive enough and we'd prefer to loan players out and let the younger lads experience this level.

I'm ok with that.

The players getting put on loan appear to be the no hopers who are merely surplus to requirements.

In Frank Ross and Scott Wright, McInnes has picked the right two to try and develop.

I don't know much about the lad, but also heard he is doing very well and is a consideration as back up left back for next season. Thus allowing Shinnie to cement midfield as his position and also if Jack leaves.

Neither do I really, but from what I've read, it sounds like he's taken to the Championship like a duck to water. Only 18 too... hopefully there is more to come!

Neither do I really, but from what I've read, it sounds like he's taken to the Championship like a duck to water. Only 18 too... hopefully there is more to come!

Seen him play quite a few times, skinny lad who needs to baulk up, not a bad player but not a massive stand out, very vocal though, broad weegie. Last time I saw him before his loan i'd say not ready for the first team but there is a player there. Who knows in a year or two, could kick on.

I had/have high hopes for Dylan Thomas but he's went to Montrose on loan and they've given him 2 minutes first team play since the new year, what's the point loaning out a top youth prospect if they won't play him?? we're doing them a favour but he gets overlooked for journeymen, guys a Welsh international at every youth level and imo a class player, the dons should have a clause where you only get a loan player if they get game time.

I had/have high hopes for Dylan Thomas but he's went to Montrose on loan and they've given him 2 minutes first team play since the new year, what's the point loaning out a top youth prospect if they won't play him?? we're doing them a favour but he gets overlooked for journeymen, guys a Welsh international at every youth level and imo a class player, the dons should have a clause where you only get a loan player if they get game time.

If that's the case, the club need to deal with that pronto.... absolutely no point in Thomas sitting at Montrose, doing nothing.

If that's the case, the club need to deal with that pronto.... absolutely no point in Thomas sitting at Montrose, doing nothing.

He did get a full 90 minutes with the 20.s today but his development has went backwards, no longer captain and on the likes of Saturday travelled to Edinburgh with Montrose to sit on the bench the whole game, back again to Edinburgh today, his schedule is brutal. He's the best 20's player though and i;m sure he'll make the first team, just needs to tough it out.

The players getting put on loan appear to be the no hopers who are merely surplus to requirements.

In Frank Ross and Scott Wright, McInnes has picked the right two to try and develop.

No hopers could be a bit harsh, I'm sure its a little more nuanced than that.

The management team may feel some players will do better under the development of our own coaches and with the prospect of the occasional first team outing from the bench but that others really need to be playing more competitively somewhere to see what they are made of.

No hopers could be a bit harsh, I'm sure its a little more nuanced than that.

The management team may feel some players will do better under the development of our own coaches and with the prospect of the occasional first team outing from the bench but that others really need to be playing more competitively somewhere to see what they are made of.

No hopers in terms of there being no future for them at Aberdeen is accurate enough.

Danny Rogers aside none of the lads are being deemed good enough to even get a game in Championship/League 1 level so I highly doubt they are ever going to make the step up to at present the 2nd best team in the country.