New Stadium Approved

Interesting that Celtic and Rangers are making such a big deal around Glasgow City Council's plans to impose parking restrictions around their stadiums. Under the plans there would be no parking in a one-mile radius of the grounds, and both of them are opposing the plans. Not sure what Partick Thistle are saying about it - less of a problem for them I suppose on account they don't have over 50,000 fans visiting the stadium.

Still, these are two city centre clubs with greatest public transport links opposing the ban, yet Aberdeen are quite happy to pay for a CPZ in Westhill.

when we go to the matches we either park on the beach and head across to the ground last minute (midweek games as we don't have time for anything else)

Saturday games we come in early and have a few pints as we walk along to pittrodrie in OUR OWN TIME

With the new ground location looks like we wont have time for midweek games unless there is quick parking within stadium reach (no time for shuttles etc)

And Saturday we would most likely just stay in the bar than stand on buses that have set times and take forever to get there

Got to agree with dayts and davemin this will kill the support maybe not at first because of the new factor but down the line support will fall and keep falling

The thought of a new stadium is great and its good the nimbys got a bloody nose and all that but the location is horrendous

milky way (so i can easily find this post 5 years from now)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Load oh guff I drive from banff to games and Id walk the last five mile if I had too

So because you would everyone would as well

To much people on here are letting their emotions overrule their brains

Think of it this way if you go to school a few yards from your house and the school closes do you look for one 5 mile away or something nearer

what other club that has built an out of town stadium has had attendances increase

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So because you would everyone would as well

To much people on here are letting their emotions overrule their brains

Think of it this way if you go to school a few yards from your house and the school closes do you look for one 5 mile away or something nearer

what other club that has built an out of town stadium has had attendances increase

Athletico Madrid

Got to agree with dayts and davemin this will kill the support maybe not at first because of the new factor but down the line support will fall and keep falling

Either that or people will get used to it.

In 10/15 years time a great deal of the support will only have known Kingsford, and most of the rest won't even remember Pittodrie.

The closest school to Westhill Academy is five miles away.....

Most clubs who have built a new stadium have seen their attendances increase.

People keep using the likes of Coventry and examples, ignoring the fact their relegation and poor ownership has what has led to their demise.

Can you name a top flight side that has built an out of town stadium, is still in the top flight, and has seen their crowds drop because fans are fed up with the stadium?

Most clubs who have built a new stadium have seen their attendances increase.

People keep using the likes of Coventry and examples, ignoring the fact their relegation and poor ownership has what has led to their demise.

Can you name a top flight side that has built an out of town stadium, is still in the top flight, and has seen their crowds drop because fans are fed up with the stadium?

Can you name one that has built one 6 miles out of town with basically fuck all pubs or train station?

• Upvote 1

Hibs comparison is probably stretching it a bit to be fair - Straiton is is midlothian which is really Hearts country. If just feels wrong.

Pittodrie to Kingsford isn't quite the same as its not like there is another large club in Aberdeen and we are moving to "their" side of town.

Where it does stand up is on the general principle of moving out of town of course and I can definitely see what people don't fancy that, but just seems fairly inevitable for us unfortunately.

I could not be more certain that if you're ever standing between some fucking hills and business parks with no pubs or Aberdeen in sight you'll realise how wrong Kingsford is.

• Downvote 1

I could not be more certain that if you're ever standing between some fucking hills and business parks with no pubs or Aberdeen in sight you'll realise how wrong Kingsford is.

That actually does sound a bit shit. But the point is, inbetween looking at hills and business parks, you'll be watching football in a smashin new stadium, the envy of the shire.

Can you name one that has built one 6 miles out of town with basically fuck all pubs or train station?

Yes, plenty. To give you some examples - Juventus, Lyon and Nice. There are many, many more examples.

Now, rather than answering a question with a question, can you answer mine and come up with examples of clubs who have built out of town stadiums, are still in their top flight, yet have seen their crowds drop?

Now, rather than answering a question with a question, can you answer mine and come up with examples of clubs who have built out of town stadiums, are still in their top flight, yet have seen their crowds drop?

Bit of a loaded question. What about clubs that have built out of town stadiums then been relegated. Their crowds would drop. But another club might build an out of town stadium then get promoted and crowds are booming. Bottom line, you need a decent football team to generate interest.

Yes, plenty. To give you some examples - Juventus, Lyon and Nice. There are many, many more examples.

Thought we were talking about the UK.

I don't think there's anything comparable to how ill equipped Kingsford is, where the club are talking about having to privately hire 102 buses every game to get people there because it's not suitably located for any form of public transport.

Even if you look at some places in Europe, where many other factors are the reason for their good or greatly increased crowds, you can't compare it to Aberdeen, where drinking is banned everywhere except pubs and costs are what they are.

Bit of a loaded question. What about clubs that have built out of town stadiums then been relegated. Their crowds would drop. But another club might build an out of town stadium then get promoted and crowds are booming. Bottom line, you need a decent football team to generate interest.

Which is the point being made - crowds will be dictated by how well the team is doing, not by how many pubs are next to the ground.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Thought we were talking about the UK.

I don't think there's anything comparable to how ill equipped Kingsford is, where the club are talking about having to privately hire 102 buses every game to get people there because it's not suitably located for any form of public transport.

Even if you look at some places in Europe, where many other factors are the reason for their good or greatly increased crowds, you can't compare it to Aberdeen, where drinking is banned everywhere except pubs and costs are what they are.

The country is irrelevant. They are clearly similar situations. You just didn't like the answer because it pissed all over your point and showed you up for the ill-informed idiot that you are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

All this shuttle bus greeting is so over the top. Afc have gone through the process of describing how many shuttle buses theyll put on because thats the only way they could get planning approval.

The actual reality of the situation is, that most folk will still drive to games and theyll find places to park that they can walk to the ground from.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

when we go to the matches we either park on the beach and head across to the ground last minute (midweek games as we don't have time for anything else)

Saturday games we come in early and have a few pints as we walk along to pittrodrie in OUR OWN TIME

With the new ground location looks like we wont have time for midweek games unless there is quick parking within stadium reach (no time for shuttles etc)

And Saturday we would most likely just stay in the bar than stand on buses that have set times and take forever to get there

The thought of a new stadium is great and its good the nimbys got a bloody nose and all that but the location is horrendous

Here's hoping.

Kingsford is walkable from my house and I hate Dons fans.

Get it built etc.

Plenty of folk at the moment manage to travel further than you will to get to home and away games. Many having to use buses and trains that leave at set times! If you can't face the prospect of a short bus journey and would rather sit in the pub, then that says more about you than anything else