Scott Wright

20 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

That’s surely not the point 

he has played 4 good games for us but was injured and could have been let go, instead he flings it back in our faces and correct he isn’t exactly a world beater.but to move to them!,we aren’t enamoured with quality one touch passing fast forward thinking players as it is 

Who cares? He’s fucking shite and has been shite for years. No loss.

7 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

For me, it's Wright's heart that I always questioned.  Physically, I think he's more than capable of competing.  However, very often over the years, he's just not looked like he fancies the physical side of things, or the confrontation.  I watched several games where a few early reducers have seen him retreating into his shell.  It's old fashioned and crude - but I've seen a number of teams having success nullifying Wright with this approach.

Another cliche... while Wright has loads of ability, but I wouldn't want him next to me in the trenches! 

Pretty much my stance on him too.

39 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Who cares? He’s fucking shite and has been shite for years. No loss.

Have you watched our games this season? We looked pretty rosy up til October when Wright and Watkins got injured. 

We've been utterly chronic to watch since his injury. He's one of the few players we have worth watching, which is another reason why it's frustrating that we've missed out on GMS. 

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's more the prospect of losing the type of player that Wright is rather than Wright himself I think that's the issue 

Precisely 

Same folk who thought GMS' wouldn't have been a big miss, are the same folk saying the same about Wright. 

The same folk also moan about how shit we are to watch. 

Who, in our current ranks, could do what Scott Wright does?

29 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Same folk who thought GMS' wouldn't have been a big miss, are the same folk saying the same about Wright. 

Very few I agree.

But that's more to do with McInnes' use of the budget.........do we really need Ojo, McCrorie and McGeouch all to do essentially the same job in defensive midfield? And throw in Ferguson who isn't a great deal different. I do get we had really no choice in bringing in McCrorie as if we hadn't he was going to be a Hibs player.....McGeouch was unnecessary though. And we have next to no chance of shifting Ojo out before his contract expires in 17 months. 

Wright is skilful, but he is prone to "hiding" when the going gets tough. He's also pretty fragile, collecting various injuries on a frequent basis. 

With a decent scouting system in place, he should be fairly easily replaceable. But I'm not sure ours is fit for purpose

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

People are only saying he’s shite because SEVCO are linked.

He’s not shite.

He’s injury prone & a shitebag.

But he’s not shite 

Get fucked with that. He’s done alright this season but he’s 24 and done nothing. Aberdeen fans acting like our best player has been stolen by the Huns is the most embarrassing thing in this episode.

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Miss 70% of the last few seasons? Devlin and McGeouch are good at it.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Miss 70% of the last few seasons? Devlin and McGeouch are good at it.

Talking about the here and now. You know what I'm saying is true. The very few times we threatened on Saturday Wright was involved. This season could fall off a cliff should he go this month.

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Get fucked with that. He’s done alright this season but he’s 24 and done nothing. Aberdeen fans acting like our best player has been stolen by the Huns is the most embarrassing thing in this episode.

Our second best player, behind Hedges probs. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Our second best player, behind Hedges probs. 

Are we talking about Scott Wright here? 

If you seriously think Scott Wright is a better player than Lewis Ferguson and Ross McCrorie then there’s no point discussing any further.

ITS SCOTT WRIGHT FFS, what has gone wrong in our support? :laughing:

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Talking about the here and now. You know what I'm saying is true. The very few times we threatened on Saturday Wright was involved. This season could fall off a cliff should he go this month.

The player who was literally subbed on directly for him scored. FFS cmon 

16 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

“Best player”?

I never said that.

I’m just saying he’s not shite just because there’s a chance the scum will get him.

I’ve also said he’s not going to make it there too.

I’d rather he stayed but not that fussed if he goes as he’s likely to spend half of whichever new contract he ends up with on the treatment table. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“Best player”?

I never said that.

I’m just saying he’s not shite just because there’s a chance the scum will get him.

I’ve also said he’s not going to make it there too.

I’d rather he stayed but not that fussed if he goes as he’s likely to spend half of whichever new contract he ends up with on the treatment table. 

24 years old, failed in a loan spell at Dundee, finally playing regularly this season and has had a few games he’s influenced (not many). 

I’ll mark him down as having being shite for Aberdeen. 

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Greg Leigh or Considine LB, Hayes LW, problem solved. 

I admire your optimism but he should be nowhere our first team squad if we are to progress. Andrew Considine has done an admirable job at left-back for a number of years but is not a natural there.

The left-back position of our team has been a major issue for the past nigh-on 30 years since David Robertson fucked off.

That is completely unacceptable and unforgivable for any team, never mind one like ours playing in the top division of their country's league. 

10 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The player who was literally subbed on directly for him scored. FFS cmon 

And you'd be happy with just Kennedy in that position going forward?

13 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Are we talking about Scott Wright here? 

If you seriously think Scott Wright is a better player than Lewis Ferguson and Ross McCrorie then there’s no point discussing any further.

ITS SCOTT WRIGHT FFS, what has gone wrong in our support? :laughing:

Right OK. Fair point. 

Second best forward player. 

IMO Ferguson and McCrories influence has diminished in the last few months. Its not mistake that when Wright is in the team, we play better.

14 hours ago, Tord31 said:

thats hardly anything exciting. one game remaining against them at ibrox when theyve already won the title

Has the Scottish Cup been cancelled like?

I do agree with your sentiments though, they'll not be bothered about him playing against us in a dead rubber game  after the league was won months before.

4 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Has the Scottish Cup been cancelled like?

I do agree with your sentiments though, they'll not be bothered about him playing against us in a dead rubber game  after the league was won months before.

A precedent has now been set that the semi professional teams will not play during this lockdown which means the Scottish cup will be timed out if as some experts are predicting this lockdown continues to some time between March and May.

Wright is a good player but he has his flaws. I think he should have 10 goals. Missed a fair few one on ones at the start of the season but he is one of the few players we have that could play that pass to get through a defence. 
Im actually surprised tho that the rangers are going for him as I don’t think he fits into there style of play at all, must be better scottish players suited to them that they could get just as cheap