Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Make some short term sacrifices,  wear the masks and stick to the very basic rules so we can manage and don't overwhelm the health services, if a vaccine comes along then we will get back to normal a lot sooner.  Some could argue that for most they are still living a fairly normal life, a lot of people are being way over dramatic with it all.

Aye if you barely leave the hoose I can see why the current shit show seems fairly normal

Was also intrigued by the following paragraph in another article: 

"MPs were also shown early research by Public Health England suggesting that bars, pubs and restaurants accounted for 41% of cases in which two or more under-30s had visited the same venue in the week before testing positive. This fell to a quarter of infections across all age groups, the MPs were told."

Would be good if the published the data behind that. 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

There’s too many shite pubs anyway . A silver lining will see the shite ones gone forever 

Well, there's nae guarantee the worse ones would go first.

Good ones could be lost forever too.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Is there such a thing?

I'd say no.

A pub can't be shite in my opinion.

I rock up, and it gives me a pint. which is my optimum pleasure in life.

Hence, I like all pubs.
Oversimplification? Nae doot.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

No point publishing it. It's shite. A guy in the pub last night nailed it. Not an educated man but a good guy, one who thinks properly, one with common sense.

Track and trace doesn't collect data from those who go into supermarkets. Pubs are getting hammered for doing so. The percentage (which I heard was 25%, not 41%) of people testing positive who went to a pub in the last 14 days also went into shops and supermarkets far more frequently.

Incompetence or something more sinister. 

It is complete guesswork, as unless you have a clear line of transmission (I guess that is two people in close contact who both test positive in a close timeframe), then you will never know where you got it from.  Without knowing that, you don't know when it was transmitted either.  

So they guess that the place where you sit at lengths of time in a contained environment with other people is the more likely transmission point than a similar environment where you move more and are not within close proximity with the same amount of people for the same amount of time.  It may be an educated guess, but still a guess all the same.  

I guess what would be an interesting comparison would be what level of infections are you finding in staff in these environments.  Again, it would still come down to guesswork (as hospitality workers will go to shops and vice versa), but it could support hypotheses on which environments appear to be more dangerous for the spread of Covid. 

We don't have to accept anything if enough of us don't want to. 

That's the problem though RS. There was a survey done over 60% of people would support a full lockdown apparently. 

I'd feel a lot better if any politician, scientist or medical expert gave us a vision of a way out of this. Allowing people to die is out apparently, no realistic prospect of an effective vaccine so what do we do? 

I'm surprised only 25% of recent cases have been in a hospitality setting.  WTF are the other 75% doing with their lives,  and where are they catching bugs?  I would have thought a lot more than 25% of the population go to pubs and restaurants.  And what happens in a few weeks if case numbers are similar even with pubs closed,  who do they blame next?   The War On Fun has been ramped up,  here for a long time not a good time. 

7 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I'm surprised only 25% of recent cases have been in a hospitality setting.  WTF are the other 75% doing with their lives,  and where are they catching bugs?  I would have thought a lot more than 25% of the population go to pubs and restaurants.  And what happens in a few weeks if case numbers are similar even with pubs closed,  who do they blame next?   The War On Fun has been ramped up,  here for a long time not a good time. 

Dogging........

No point publishing it. It's shite. A guy in the pub last night nailed it. Not an educated man but a good guy, one who thinks properly, one with common sense.

Track and trace doesn't collect data from those who go into supermarkets. Pubs are getting hammered for doing so. The percentage (which I heard was 25%, not 41%) of people testing positive who went to a pub in the last 14 days also went into shops and supermarkets far more frequently.

Incompetence or something more sinister. 

Pubs are the easy target and the one restriction they will get away with without a big resistance other than pub goers.

Just back from the toon just now and Markies was absolutely rammed. Other than someone sanitizing the baskets there was fuck all policing of restrictions, who's going around sanitizing the self service checkouts or the box of biscuits that are picked up and put back down etc? 

Pubs have played the game and did all they can but are now being hammered. 

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

Dutch Mill has a tent thing in the car park which is technically classed as indoors so would need to close at 6. But they are taking down the sides at 17.45 and are allowed to open till ten plus you can still go inside for a slash.

What a fucking farce this is.

lol

27 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

You know I wasn't seriously thinking of moving to Belarus,  right? 

Yeah. 

26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Very good. Frightening, but always a very worthwhile thing to be doing, listening to the best minds.

He reckons Hong Kong is fucked as it's a matter of time before it gets subsumed by the Chinese machine. This affects my family but more frightening is that Britain (and the US) is on the same path that gave Putin and China their unassailable powers. The rights of the people need to be eliminated before the state gets total power.

I watched the CoronaNation film. It was very interesting. Fascinating seeing how utterly behind the Chinese regime and all they do his elderly mother was, as was as seeing so much from inside one of the rapidly built pre-fabbed hospitals and how they were all so calm in treating early Covid patients. 

Are the last two sentences of your post what he said, or what you think? Apologies but it's a bit unclear to me. 

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I highlighted and agreed with the questions he asked. Do you disagree on that?

There's nothing wrong with asking questions. Looking who's "winning" out of all this. 

if the assertion is being made that what's happened is somehow pre-planned or being manipulated in a way by governments worldwide to exert long lasting control over its people's, then I disagree totally  

• Downvote 2

Nippy flexed her muscles in the daily propaganda speech earlier, said a couple times if people complain about certain aspects of what she's doing she'll just come down harder, what a power crazy little weasel. To say she's loving the power would be an understatement, she's not even attempting to hide it. The dentist is getting braver as well, power going to his head. Once furlough ends and the shit really hits the fan we'll see how brave they are then, the blanket has kept them relatively above the flack and made decisions easy for them.