Coronavirus

Henry

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You are disagreeing with an assertion that hasn't been made.

The only thing he was doing, and which I totally agreed with, was asking the right questions.

Nothing can be determined without first asking the right questions. This is a critical thinking skill in itself.

I get the impression that you are quick to contest and argue points generally but here, you're disagreeing ("vehemently") with stuff that hasn't been said. 

Perhaps. However I was using knowledge of his other posting history to look for a deeper meaning. 

5 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Nippy flexed her muscles in the daily propaganda speech earlier, said a couple times if people complain about certain aspects of what she's doing she'll just come down harder, what a power crazy little weasel. To say she's loving the power would be an understatement, she's not even attempting to hide it. The dentist is getting braver as well, power going to his head. Once furlough ends and the shit really hits the fan we'll see how brave they are then, the blanket has kept them relatively above the flack and made decisions easy for them.

Have some respect for your leader.

She is doing a fine job in these trying times.

If her daily briefings are annoying you stop viewing.

As for Jason he outshines any so called expert online.

People living in England wish this double act were indeed their leaders instead of Hancock and Cummings.

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

She's made a right cunt of the cafe/restaurant thing. A mate of mine has a bistro, no idea if he can open without bevvy or not. Shambles. 

It's not been well planned/ communicated, that's for sure. I heard full guidelines were being published today, which isn't exactly helpful for planning when the rules come in to effect at 6pm. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

What did that arselicking wee weed come out with now? I'm watching live sport. 

Extending the furlough but only to businesses forced by law to close. She surely can't let pubs stay open but only with drinking outside and exclude them from this help? That would be the final kick in the stones. I'm hoping the self employed scheme gets extended, that will make a huge difference to me.

• Site Sponsor
36 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Extending the furlough but only to businesses forced by law to close. She surely can't let pubs stay open but only with drinking outside and exclude them from this help? That would be the final kick in the stones. I'm hoping the self employed scheme gets extended, that will make a huge difference to me.

SEISS grant was extended to cover November through to April - that was announced a few weeks back  

Happy to provide free advice on this or any grant/assistance to any Hat member who needs help or guidance ?

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, Eugenefani said:

Strip this whole plandemic back to its roots, who’s driving this? And why? These are the questions that need asked and answered. If you stop reporting & stop testing would we even know there was a supposed new killer virus...

I know 7 folk had a positive test because of track and trace - zero symptoms.

If it wasn't mentioned in the media I'd be oblivious to it

11 minutes ago, NEM said:

I know 7 folk had a positive test because of track and trace - zero symptoms.

If it wasn't mentioned in the media I'd be oblivious to it

I was speaking to a guy from Glasgow who knew a couple of folk who made Covid test appointments and didn’t turn up.

still got a positive result.

sounds like shite to be honest. 

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

Nippy flexed her muscles in the daily propaganda speech earlier, said a couple times if people complain about certain aspects of what she's doing she'll just come down harder, what a power crazy little weasel. To say she's loving the power would be an understatement, she's not even attempting to hide it. The dentist is getting braver as well, power going to his head. Once furlough ends and the shit really hits the fan we'll see how brave they are then, the blanket has kept them relatively above the flack and made decisions easy for them.

I see Bojo is restarting his daily propaganda meetings next week, what's your thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, Dom Sullivan said:

SEISS grant was extended to cover November through to April - that was announced a few weeks back  

Happy to provide free advice on this or any grant/assistance to any Hat member who needs help or guidance ?

Only 20% though for the first 3 months, possibly less for the last 3. I'm hoping he'll give us parity with employees. Doubt it though. 

6 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

No point publishing it. It's shite. A guy in the pub last night nailed it. Not an educated man but a good guy, one who thinks properly, one with common sense.

Track and trace doesn't collect data from those who go into supermarkets. Pubs are getting hammered for doing so. The percentage (which I heard was 25%, not 41%) of people testing positive who went to a pub in the last 14 days also went into shops and supermarkets far more frequently.

Incompetence or something more sinister. 

Yes but you can pick holes in everything. For the moment it's the best they can do 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

The Leitch public service announcement played in the adverts there on STV is one of the best you can get... in terms of construction, content and delivery.

I hate the message that it delivers but it was good to finally see simplicity and clarity in communication. 

Haven't seen it but i do think he does a good job

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You want to see something beautiful. A photo you've not seen before, because it didn't exist an hour or so ago? I think it is good for mental health in these Covid times. Uploading...

08-C2-BD58-F658-4210-8-B86-76-C95235-A3-

hmmm can you photoshop out the bin and all the cars ? replace with whatever takes your imagination , there are some on here good at that