Coronavirus

Henry

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s the old misdirection routine.

Make something slightly abstract to seem plausible.

You’re not on Donschat now my friend.

Milne never lies, if he says it's true, it's true. Once met the man on a crowded train, didn't know him from adam but we soon sussed we were fellow chat posters. Know I said tup was nice but Milne was better, true salt of the earth guy, can't recall the game but the dry train rule was broke, no smoking rule had gone as well, security between every carriage had decided minimum wage wasn't worth the hassle, best train journey ever. lol

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
25 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Milne never lies, if he says it's true, it's true. Once met the man on a crowded train, didn't know him from adam but we soon sussed we were fellow chat posters. Know I said tup was nice but Milne was better, true salt of the earth guy, can't recall the game but the dry train rule was broke, no smoking rule had gone as well, security between every carriage had decided minimum wage wasn't worth the hassle, best train journey ever. lol

?

A proud moment ?

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I remember Cheesepipes said he'd die for me or die beside me in the trenches or take a bullet for me or similar. 

THAT is what the hat is all about. I wish I'd bought that hrdgetrimmer. I honestly admire that man. 

The petrol hedge trimmer I sold to him sounded fucking great, 2 stroke roar, would have kept it but moved to a house with no hedges. Great murder weapon. BTW Cheesers van puts the A team to shame, think Hells Angel leader, that's Pipes, bloody nice bloke.

12 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

You want to see something beautiful, a photo you've not seen before because it didn't exist an hour or so ago? I think it is good for mental health in these Covid times. Uploading...

08-C2-BD58-F658-4210-8-B86-76-C95235-A3-

My favourite photie of my Da' and I was taken from that very spot, in the fading summer light after a Europa qualifier.
ROPS game.

@Parklife I respect your opinion and it’s great that you voice it, I would however like to get your opinion on the RT-PCR test that is being used to diagnose COVID-19 ‘cases’ . Despite current censorship around health information which does not conform with the mainstream view,  it’s quite simple with a bit of research to conclude that the test doesn’t isolate one particular virus and was never designed to. On the back of the results from these tests our government impose restrictions, lockdowns and mandates which decimate the economy, destroy livelihood and absolutely crush a large proportion of the populations mental health. I struggle to find any justification to continue these measures which are imposed based on a flawed testing system. 

Yours sincerely Eugene

• Downvote 2
On 10/9/2020 at 8:49 AM, Zeus said:

Anything to get out of this shitshow tbh. 

7 months down the line and feels line we're back to square one.  Kinda shows any further Lockdowns are pointless 

This. Lots of my mates are starting to struggle with mental health issues due to this situation.

Announced yesterday that my company is away to introduce a "everyone gets every second Friday off" specifically in order to allow everyone to take time out due to the increase in people reporting similar issues.

54 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The architect that designed the red weegie sandstone monstrosity just down from the Northern Hotel should have that photo hung round his neck on the gallows.  Bugged me for 25 years that place has.  Which part of Granite City was it you struggled with exactly?

ps.  Albeit the Northern is no oil painting either.  But at least it’s fucking grey!

Northern shares architecture with Rosemount square, some weird communist looking shit

Potential thread derailment 

1 hour ago, Eugenefani said:

@Parklife I respect your opinion and it’s great that you voice it, I would however like to get your opinion on the RT-PCR test that is being used to diagnose COVID-19 ‘cases’ . Despite current censorship around health information which does not conform with the mainstream view,  it’s quite simple with a bit of research to conclude that the test doesn’t isolate one particular virus and was never designed to. On the back of the results from these tests our government impose restrictions, lockdowns and mandates which decimate the economy, destroy livelihood and absolutely crush a large proportion of the populations mental health. I struggle to find any justification to continue these measures which are imposed based on a flawed testing system. 

Yours sincerely Eugene

There's undoubtedly issues with the sensitivity of the PCR test. Not sure on the very latest research on it but my reading a month or so ago was that it'd even pick up traces of the dead virus. So someone who'd had the virus and overcome it a number of weeks ago, would likely still test positive. 

However, given the false positive rate is thought to be around 1% (likely higher when the general virus prevalence is at low levels), I don't think it's the biggest issue here. 

Id also argue, as I have done consistently on here, that it is not the restrictions that have decimated the economy but the virus. Doing nothing would've allowed the virus to grow exponentially, making huge swathes of the population ill and killing many more than the circa 60,000 it has in the UK. 

Restrictions done right, such as in many Far Eastern countries would've saved both thousands of lives and protected economic activity as well as possible. However, many western countries and their citizens have an exceptionalism where they are inherently superior to nations like Taiwan, thailand, Korea, Japan, etc. and so chose to ignore the warnings we had and take half arsed measures. The results are huge death tolls and huge economic decline. 

Where I have issues with your posts on this and why I said what I did last night is you come out with statements like "supposed virus". What does that mean? Do you think Covid-19 doesn't actually exist? 

Its all very well questioning the path our governments are taking, we all should do that and from doing that we may draw different conclusions. However, I don't see much point in engaging when someone's starting point is "supposed virus". 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

This. Lots of my mates are starting to struggle with mental health issues due to this situation.

Announced yesterday that my company is away to introduce a "everyone gets every second Friday off" specifically in order to allow everyone to take time out due to the increase in people reporting similar issues.

@dazzy_deff

looks like your company was ahead of the game here.