Coronavirus

Henry

On 1/30/2021 at 9:52 PM, Sooper-hanz said:

He has no compassion. That's my feeling reading his posts.

That's an interesting and thoughtful comment, unlike Parky's adolescent rages.

Ive actually got loads of compassion.

Compassion is the counterbalance to truth.  Truth has no compassion, truth can be as brutal and cold as is it beautiful and necessary.  While compassion without truth is no compassion at all.

Given many people are amoral, selfish cowards, secular society often mistakes compassion for "what is easy". 

Examples could be abortion and "trans issues" where great evil is committed in the name of a false compassion, completely un-tethered from truth.

Back non topic:

Scotland set a record for number of jabs given on wednesday 20th Jan, but the tally was then lower on 4 days of last week.

As of Wednesday 27th, % of population who had received a jab were:

England: >11

Wales: 9.9

NI: 8.9

Scotland: 8.4

Poor that even Wales and NI are beating us, after Sturgeon said she wanted "healthy competition".

On Thursday, the situation was that care home rates in Scotland and England were similar, but England had managed 140,000 more jabs on top of this, meaning SNP excuses are falling apart.

And the SNP have now rolled back their initial plan for 6 mass vaccination centers (each capable of doing >20,000 jabs per week).  They are now saying there will only be 3 centers with such capacity.

Accordingly, between this and the unreliable SNP distribution system, doctors are saying it will be a big ask to meet targets in Scotland.

Its remarkable how europhile Sturgeon eerily echos the EU performance, via demanding highly centralised control of goings on, only to make a hash of things.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
21 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Back non topic:

Scotland set a record for number of jabs given on wednesday 20th Jan, but the tally was then lower on 4 days of last week.

As of Wednesday 27th, % of population who had received a jab were:

England: >11

Wales: 9.9

NI: 8.9

Scotland: 8.4

Poor that even Wales and NI are beating us, after Sturgeon said she wanted "healthy competition".

On Thursday, the situation was that care home rates in Scotland and England were similar, but England had managed 140,000 more jabs on top of this, meaning SNP excuses are falling apart.

And the SNP have now rolled back their initial plan for 6 mass vaccination centers (each capable of doing >20,000 jabs per week).  They are now saying there will only be 3 centers with such capacity.

Accordingly, between this and the unreliable SNP distribution system, doctors are saying it will be a big ask to meet targets in Scotland.

Its remarkable how europhile Sturgeon eerily echos the EU performance, via demanding highly centralised control of goings on, only to make a hash of things.

Scotland - the Hamilton Accies of the jab league 

36 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Given that most born people are fuck-ups and the likelihood of an unplanned, unwanted, unborn foetus ending up high on the fuck-up spectrum would be above average, I don't see any rational arguments for it. Trump and Biden and some virgins in the Vatican are anti-abortion so they must be right. I just want to learn why it's so wrong to abort. It's like taking away personal choices. 

You must see why some people find the whole thing pretty grim though. I'm not religious at all but the thought of it disgusts me. I also find the thought of killing a child just because they have Downs horrific as well. 

I concede women's right to choose blah blah blah but people enthusiasm for it and the attitude they have towards people who disagree with it is mystifying to me. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You must see why some people find the whole thing pretty grim though. I'm not religious at all but the thought of it disgusts me. I also find the thought of killing a child just because they have Downs horrific as well. 

I concede women's right to choose blah blah blah but people enthusiasm for it and the attitude they have towards people who disagree with it is mystifying to me. 

I've never see anyone have enthusiasm for the process of getting an abortion.
'Enthusiasm' perhaps for the getting of it in a I can't wait to get this over and done with.
As regards your earlier comment re: Ireland, I think you are utterly misunderstanding the reason for celebration.
Strange fish you overall. Like a non-religious religious person.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm not sure what you mean about enthusiasm for it. Enthusiasm for human rights and the right to choose, yes and whilst it's unfortunate that the lassie got pregnant when she didn't want to, I don't see the unborn having any "rights" at all.

We won't agree on this one. 

We defo won't agree. I just think the whole thing is grim. It's weird there's a cut off as well. 11 weeks and 6 days old, fine to kill and chuck in an incinerator, 12weeks old, no no no, that's a crime. 

Shocking that people make money from it too. 

It's a messy, disgusting, cruel business and the world would be a better place without it but I realise I'm in a minority and accept that there is obviously a place for it in society. 

1 hour ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

I've never see anyone have enthusiasm for the process of getting an abortion.
'Enthusiasm' perhaps for the getting of it in a I can't wait to get this over and done with.
As regards your earlier comment re: Ireland, I think you are utterly misunderstanding the reason for celebration.
Strange fish you overall. Like a non-religious religious person.

I'm not misunderstanding it. The referendum was about legalising abortion, they won and celebrated. It was absolutely disgusting. You'll dress it up as some moment of liberation but that's bollocks. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Abortion. You kafflicks don't approve. I always thought that you outlawed johnnies and prescribed withdrawal and the rhythm method in order to expand your numbers. Like the moozlims and their plans for world domination, the kafflicks were similarly looking for more the merrier.

I would've had a kid over 40 kicking aboot if it wasn't for abortion. My first gf and I had split up, met at a party, had a quickie for old times sake so a child wasn't exactly what 2 x 17 year olds were planning. Where's the "evil" or the crime in terminating? It certainly would not have meant another catholic in the world.

Is it your "love" and "compassion" for all humanity that drives your absurd "policy"? Do you disapprove of Protestants and Islamics and Jews and agnostics and atheists having abortions too?

You do appreciate that there's an overpopulation problem facing the planet? The tablets in Arizona have clearly stated population-reduction as a specific aim. Why is abortion "evil"? I just don't get it. 

A number of things here:

You shouldn't mention personal circumstances in these debates, for one thing its nobodys business and it might mean you interpret a general argument as being a personal attack or judgement (which they are not).

Its true that a number of people / organisations have their knickers in twist regarding over-population: in fact, the world is not over-population nor anywhere near it.  Such people tend to be more concerned with controlling resources, that's their real agenda.  Also, look how a declining & ageing population is a major long-standing issue for most of the western world right now, including Scotland which has gone decades with an inadequate birth rate.

As for why abortion is wrong, its quite simple:

- at the moment of conception, a new human life is created.  This is  a scientifically verifiable fact (as well as resoundingly obvious).

- its wrong to kill people, especially for the reason of allowing a person(s) to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions (actions which naturally cause the chance of pregnancy)

50 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Care home vaccinations complex and logistically challenging - fae the dentist
I find this attitude infuriating, they had months to figure out a plan for this.
Why is it now challenging...

Because the vast majority in care homes have some form of dementia and cannot consent to the vaccination themselves.

Correct information regarding the vaccine....risks, side effects etc has to be provided so that whoever is signing the consent has enough information to make an informed choice regarding that. And until you know which manufacturer is supplying the vaccine...it can only really be done at almost the last minute. 

If they've had the foresight to arrange a Lasting Power of Attorney whilst still of sound mind (and even spouses don't have an automatic right to act on behalf of an incapacited husband/wife) then  all well and good. If they haven't.....it can take months for a next of kin to arrange (often the cause of bed-blocking in acute hospitals). Most people in care homes will have such a person designated and once the care home has received consent for most people then a date can be arranged for the GP/district nurse to do a session in the home. But there will always be a few who cannot be done for various reasons....the person with power of attorney could be at the other end of the UK or even abroad. Or if the old biddie has a concurrent infection on the day of the vaccination (as happened with Captain Tom in the news today) they cannot have the vaccination.

It really isn't a case these days of just lining everyone up and jabbing away till your heart's content as some seem to believe

• Upvote 1