Coronavirus

Henry

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm not misunderstanding it. The referendum was about legalising abortion, they won and celebrated. It was absolutely disgusting. You'll dress it up as some moment of liberation but that's bollocks. 

? STILL choosing to misunderstand the situation, despite it being explained many times. 

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm not misunderstanding it. The referendum was about legalising abortion, they won and celebrated. It was absolutely disgusting. You'll dress it up as some moment of liberation but that's bollocks. 

That kind of behaviour is about people reinforcing / justifying their stance to themselves and taking comfort from others celebrating too.

There is a lot of cognative dissonance on the subject.

For example, the topic is nothing to do with "womens rights" and everything to do with the value of human life, as well as the principle of people taking responsibility for their own actions, which should be the cornerstone of any civilisation.

EU MEPs are currently promoting holocaust memorial week, at the same time as attacking eastern european countries for having restrictions on abortions.  It must be very weird to have such a world view, where everything is regarded as existing in isolation and there is no consistency of thought, actions or values.    It certainly makes for a very unedifying spectacle.

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It's going to happen anyway, Moobz so why not make it legal? We're dealing with scared , vulnerable young women here in the main.

There's no real need to get pregnant nowadays if you don't want to. Contraception is freely available. I'm not saying it should be illegal but it shoudn't be "contraception of last resort" and it shouldn't be profited from.

22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

There's no real need to get pregnant nowadays if you don't want to. Contraception is freely available. I'm not saying it should be illegal but it shoudn't be "contraception of last resort" and it shouldn't be profited from.

Who profits from abortion? 

6 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Who profits from abortion? 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/abortions-marie-stopes-clinic-bonuses-persuade-women-investigation-a8012171.html

^^^^ them for a start

It's not a well known fact but GP's who refer men for vasectomies or women for surgical sterilisation get paid a one off fee for doing so. As does the consultant surgeon they get referred to (even if he derogates the actual surgery to a lower grade doctor....neither procedure is particularly complicated, 15 minutes for a vasectomy, 20-30 for a tubal ligation in women). It used to be £80 each but likely a good bit higher these days

Well private clinics are For Profit orgs, so I suppose anyone going to one for an abortion knows the score.  And whether someone makes a few bucks for a better abortion experience shouldn't make any ethical difference whatsoever. 

It's kinda funny, in a dark, sinister, and not at all funny way, that they're trying to persuade women to have abortions to maximise those profits, though.  I've got a problem with the ethics of THAT. 

42 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

They were celebrating the decision to allow abortion.

I doubt people - usually females but fuck knows these days - choosing to have an abortion are popping out the champagne.

Exactly the point that has been made to him many times. However Moobs wants to portray it as "celebrating abortion". 

41 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Moobz, you’ll end up in the Dundee version of Cornhill

going on about dead babies and coronavirus all the time 

Probably man yeah. I just find it strange that people find it objectionable that I find the whole thing disgusting and wrong. 

I've lost the argument, it's legal and everyone thinks that's great, but I don't and never will agree with it. 

We'll sit in the house, ruin jobs, lives, education, all so old cunts who've had a life don't get Covid but happily kill unborn children for no reason other than they will be inconvenient. 

Seems arse over tit to me. 

5 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Abortion clinics

Well, yeah, I guess that's true ?

We live in a Capitalist society, though, and you're either on board with profit for services or you're not. I don't have a problem with that because they're providing a service with an arguably higher level of care for the woman... the end result is the same, and if money can make the experience less traumatic for her then why deny her that option? 

39 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well, yeah, I guess that's true ?

We live in a Capitalist society, though, and you're either on board with profit for services or you're not. I don't have a problem with that because they're providing a service with an arguably higher level of care for the woman... the end result is the same, and if money can make the experience less traumatic for her then why deny her that option? 

There are certain things that shouldn't be done for profit. 

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Probably man yeah. I just find it strange that people find it objectionable that I find the whole thing disgusting and wrong. 

I've lost the argument, it's legal and everyone thinks that's great, but I don't and never will agree with it. 

We'll sit in the house, ruin jobs, lives, education, all so old cunts who've had a life don't get Covid but happily kill unborn children for no reason other than they will be inconvenient. 

Seems arse over tit to me. 

??? the kids are better off dead than dragged up by selfish pigs (like me).

I know you're at it Moobs, don't have a cow man 

Raising a kid is the easiest thing in the world.

If anyone tells you "Oh, it's SO hard!" then they're either dealing with exceptional circumstances or they're a terrible parent.

All things being equal, though, piece of piss. 

"I'm a full time parent..." shut the fuck up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1