Coronavirus

Henry

On Sunday there, Scotland delivered its lowest daily total yet of vaccinations: 9,628.  This is only 42% of what was delivered on the Saturday and 15% lower than the previous Sunday.  This clearly shows the SNP  is not delivering a 7 day service, putting lives at risk.

Its the third weekend in a row where numbers dropped markedly.   Obviously our NHS Heroes are enjoying putting their feet up at the weekend.

About 575,000 people have had a jab in Scotland, but more than half a million jabs are lying unused in Scotland.   This total amount was delivered as ,in November, the health secretary said the plan was to give ~1,000,000 jabs by the end of January - a target the SNP have failed to meet by a significant margin.

Sturgeon's response to this performance was to say:

"It looks to me as if, for some reason, we’re simply falling off a bit on a Sunday"

My God, Holmes, how do you do it?

Well, that's how it looks to me too Nicola.  Great minds, eh?  Can I get a shot of being First Minister too?

She failed to offer any further explanation, but I suspect its connected to the SNP's failure to efficiently distribute vaccines to GPs, and their failure to live up to grand plans for 6 mass vaccine centers (they have managed to open three, recently reaching that milestone).

They are clearly out of their depth with this and quite happy to see the virus situation roll on longer than is necessary.

She will be unruffled by this, as she knows the scottish media always deliver an easy ride and the partys supporters would vote for anything.

As of yesterday, for every 100 adults vaccinated in England, 88 have been treated in Northern Ireland, 86 in Wales and 68 in Scotland - pathetic performance. 

We are suffering poorer performance becase of politicians desire to be different.  If the UK Government was in charge across the board, the entire UK would be in a better place.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

On Sunday there, Scotland delivered its lowest daily total yet of vaccinations: 9,628.  This is only 42% of what was delivered on the Saturday and 15% lower than the previous Sunday.  This clearly shows the SNP  is not delivering a 7 day service, putting lives at risk.

Its the third weekend in a row where numbers dropped markedly.   Obviously our NHS Heroes are enjoying putting their feet up at the weekend.

About 575,000 people have had a jab in Scotland, but more than half a million jabs are lying unused in Scotland.   This total amount was delivered as ,in November, the health secretary said the plan was to give ~1,000,000 jabs by the end of January - a target the SNP have failed to meet by a significant margin.

Sturgeon's response to this performance was to say:

"It looks to me as if, for some reason, we’re simply falling off a bit on a Sunday"

My God, Holmes, how do you do it?

Well, that's how it looks to me too Nicola.  Great minds, eh?  Can I get a shot of being First Minister too?

She failed to offer any further explanation, but I suspect its connected to the SNP's failure to efficiently distribute vaccines to GPs, and their failure to live up to grand plans for 6 mass vaccine centers (they have managed to open three, recently reaching that milestone).

They are clearly out of their depth with this and quite happy to see the virus situation roll on longer than is necessary.

She will be unruffled by this, as she knows the scottish media always deliver an easy ride and the partys supporters would vote for anything.

As of yesterday, for every 100 adults vaccinated in England, 88 have been treated in Northern Ireland, 86 in Wales and 68 in Scotland - pathetic performance. 

We are suffering poorer performance becase of politicians desire to be different.  If the UK Government was in charge across the board, the entire UK would be in a better place.

This is all very true. but maybe some people haven't turned up for the jab?  Some may not bother with it due to other health conditions or are sceptic.  Numbers are poor. Thought it would be better.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Wife's aunt in Jordanhill had zero underlying health conditions, had the first jab and now has severe headaches, confusion and amnesia. We need the data of the symptoms and side effects. This isn't being collected. Only the hospitalised are being counted. 

There are some horror stories at some care homes in England but of course the official line is that the Jab will not have caused these stories/issues.  As you say we can only hope that data is being collated with regards monitoring the Jabbees

25 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Same amount of cases as December mannie.

Prevalence is falling: 

"Infection numbers have gradually and steadily fallen in recent weeks in Austria, with the current seven-day incidence at 105.4 infections per 100,000 residents.

This is far lower than in December and much of January, however it is still well below the target of 50 per 100,000."

https://www.thelocal.at/20210201/breaking-austria-to-relax-coronavirus-lockdown-measures

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Prevalence is falling: 

"Infection numbers have gradually and steadily fallen in recent weeks in Austria, with the current seven-day incidence at 105.4 infections per 100,000 residents.

This is far lower than in December and much of January, however it is still well below the target of 50 per 100,000."

https://www.thelocal.at/20210201/breaking-austria-to-relax-coronavirus-lockdown-measures

Aye but no intention of easing restrictions till Sundays gatherings put pressure on them.  thanks for the link Doc

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Wife's aunt in Jordanhill had zero underlying health conditions, had the first jab and now has severe headaches, confusion and amnesia. We need the data of the symptoms and side effects. This isn't being collected. Only the hospitalised are being counted. 

My mother gets hers on Saturday, I'll report back on side effects and the SNP run shambles vaccine centre when I hear.

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

This is all very true. but maybe some people haven't turned up for the jab?  Some may not bother with it due to other health conditions or are sceptic.  Numbers are poor. Thought it would be better.

Probably some people have failed to attend or refused the jab.  However I think the biggest problem at the sharp end is the centralised Scottish supply is slow and unreliable.  This has led to people going to the Docs, to find they have no vaccine for them and so the appointment is wasted.

GPs have already complained about this and the BMA has written to the Scottish Government to ask if the bottleneck (SNP control) could be bypassed.

However, you would not know any of this from the Scottish press.

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Seeing the news about the Nice'n Sleazy bouncer reminds me how much Im flipping well missing gigs. Missing the five a sides as well every week and the bantz with the chaps but it can be a bit bleak playing through the winter . 

A lot of countries across Europe are having protests and riots.

I think a lot of people are beginning to crack up and have had enough.