Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I don't actually believe i'll need to withhold anything.

I am now certain McInnes will not be the manager on early bird season ticket deadline. 100%

I'm probably the first one to call this? It's happening. No shite about contract lengths, no shite about anything. He won't be manager when they ask me for my £700 or whatever it is.

I knew it your Tord 31 Mcinnes. 

4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

This is the best chance Derek had in reaching the Europa League group stages, by finishing 2nd.

A competent Aberdeen team would be right up Celtics arse for that position, but unfortunately, we can't sort our shit out. 

Before when we finished 2nd it ultimately meant fuck all, just meant we didn't have to play another minnow in a qualifying round. Now, when it actually has something of proper value at the end of it, we're fading away into accepting our lot and  keeping the status quo. 

This is the first season McInnes has had to deal with actual adversity in football terms at this club, and he's showing his true worth as a manager. 

It is what it is though. Nothing is changing any time soon. 

True worth as a manager.    Yep not worth a shit. 

On 03/02/2021 at 1:42 PM, eddiec said:

Personally DNA is getting cancelled easy enough to reinstate if we get a new manager and as for season ticket that can wait until the last possible day to keep my seat and consider it then depending on what the situation is by then.

Yeah to reinstate it you just call them up the lassie on the phone said to me. She didn't seem surprised when I said I was cancelling until McInnes is gone, guess I'm not the first to say that in the last few days.

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Decent article.

About time the MSM were shining a light on him.

Interesting comments he makes about “it’s brought enough of the board to the brink”

What does he know or what has he heard?

Cormack tried to sell a new exciting football brand, it hasn't been delivered, it's got worse. When it's obvious sales will fall people will talk.

We need to survive first off, without crowds next season we're going to struggle, with Derek in charge even more so, something has to give. In saying that he has time to turn it round, I don't think he's a bad manager, needs back to basics and to stop worrying about the other team.

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Cormack tried to sell a new exciting football brand, it hasn't been delivered, it's got worse. When it's obvious sales will fall people will talk.

We need to survive first off, without crowds next season we're going to struggle, with Derek in charge even more so, something has to give. In saying that he has time to turn it round, I don't think he's a bad manager, needs back to basics and to stop worrying about the other team.

He's not going to change now? 

I also think biggest issue is not playing attacking players with any kind of shape. When it was Hayes left, McGinn right and Rooney middle we all knew our style and identity. 

Now Hayes can play right back, left back, centre mid and striker, sometimes in the same half. It's just shambolic 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, daytripping said:

He’s not a bad manager but 8 years is too long for the vast majority of managers.

His time is up. 
We’re stale.

It’s gone past the stage that he can turn it round.

There’s a depressing inevitability about it all. 

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

He's not going to change now? 

I also think biggest issue is not playing attacking players with any kind of shape. When it was Hayes left, McGinn right and Rooney middle we all knew our style and identity. 

Now Hayes can play right back, left back, centre mid and striker, sometimes in the same half. It's just shambolic 

Hayes, McGinn, Taylor, all should never have been brought back, do we actually have a scouting department!!

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

McHun is completely out of touch with the fans. A lot of the fans rightly hate this toxic hun sympathising team and it would be reflected in the crowds if we got in 

He's done. 

He can go and drink from that hun cup 

Far too many hun sympathisers around the club, needs a total clear out. We're a shambles.