Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

15 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Things like crossing are all about repetition. Hours on the training pitch.

He'll have been spending too much time trying to ride birds with his socks on. Prick.

International fitba player with his ability should always be able to deliver a deadball into the box, beating the first man, every time he hits it with or without practicing it hundreds of times a day in training. I couldve put in better deadballs and i havent kicked a ball for 10years. 

He doesnt give a fuck is my opinion.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Good point. Think McGinn only beat the first man once with a cross on Tuesday night. If an experienced player cannot achieve such a skill, what the feck is getting instilled at Cormack Park on a daily basis ?

Mcginns pathetic attempts to put in a cross had me shouting at the telly the other night.  I said at the time it was as if he isn't physically strong enough to kick it far enough. 

"We’ve come a long way but we still have so much more to do. When I arrived I wanted the supporters to fall in love with the club again.

“I see the drive and intention to commit to the training ground which, for me and my players, is everything. I do feel once we get the training ground everything will become easier and more professional.”

"When the players come out here late summer and see this is their place of work I think it will be a massive lift for them and I don’t think there will be many people happier than Derek and Tony [Docherty, assistant manager] when they get the keys for the place and are able to start using it.”

"With the opening of our new training campus at Kingsford on the horizon I am excited about the prospect of training professionally in a modern facility, something which should be in keeping with the ambitious club we are” he said, as reported on the official Aberdeen website.

Gone well so far. ?

6 hours ago, G31DON said:

When he first came in we started doing all sorts of creative set plays that were obviously worked on in training during the week.  All that has disappeared, and we can't seem to hit a cross beyond the first man.  Manager has stopped trying, ergo the players have too.  If Derek can't be fucked why would the players, I can't see them getting a hard time for playing like shite.

From a dead ball, that should be a 100 pound fine. No excuse.

30 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

The Dons need Roy Keane in charge 

He’ll put some fear into the wet lettuces (and bin 90% of them for being big girls blouses) 

Would be ace. Purely for the craic, if nothing else. 

Tom English making several attempts to demonstrate that he has inside info, in the BBC article.

The inference is clear Hibs win on Saturday, McInnes is sacked.

I would imagine that this will have a significant negative impact on the relationship between manager and owner, probably irreconcilable.

If Dave Cormack has briefed Tom English, then you would hope that he has a replacement in mind and his in a position to make that happen immediately.  

If he sacks McInnes and its Sheerin / Robson for 4 weeks while we get knocked back by various has been's, then settling for the least incompetent out of work manager, it will be Stewart Milne levels of shambolic ineptitude. 

For me John Collins.

3 minutes ago, leftside said:

Tom English making several attempts to demonstrate that he has inside info, in the BBC article.

I would imagine that this will have a significant negative impact on the relationship between manager and owner, probably irreconcilable.

If Dave Cormack has briefed Tom English, then you would hope that he has a replacement in mind and his in a position to make that happen immediately.  

If he sacks McInnes and its Sheerin / Robson for 4 weeks while we get knocked back by various has been's, then settling for the least incompetent out of work manager, it will be Stewart Milne levels of shambolic ineptitude. 

For me John Collins.

He does allude to it being "not all the board" who aren't pleased with the manager. 

Milne, I imagine, will be trying his utmost to ensure his pal Derek stays in a job. 

7 minutes ago, leftside said:

For me John Collins.

The part in bold was the biggest thing I took from that article.  Tom English is clearly claiming he has a source, high up in Pittodrie, and that source apparently shares the fans current concern.

8 hours ago, G31DON said:

Yup, Derek has never liked any strong personalities, or players with balls.  Everyone is very nice, and toe the line.  When Hagi took that pathetic dive in the box a few weeks ago, we just strolled on with barely a flicker of an eyelash.  Players should have been in the referee and Hagi's face screaming blue murder like Willie Miller would have.  McInnes has been phoning it in for ages now, everyone knows it.

Yep, anyone who spoke up about tactics etc were moved on sharp...

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

The part in bold was the biggest thing I took from that article.  Tom English is clearly claiming he has a source, high up in Pittodrie, and that source apparently shares the fans current concern.

It has to be Cormack who has briefed English to pile on pressure to beat hibs. 

The end of mcinnes reign is near. With coefficient changes and investment in squad club will be demanding 3rd. 

1 hour ago, leftside said:

For me John Collins.

Agree with everything apart from John Collins.

3 minutes ago, Dad said:

All or nothing against the spoon burners 

Finally some fucking excitement (as long as its true)

It feels like that I agree. Finally it reaches a point where there might be consequences for losing 1 0 whilst barely looking like scoring or we will actually finally play well and win a massive game. 

I just don't see anyway back for mcinnes, looking at our fixture list it's difficult to to see how we will suddenly develop a coherent strategy to score goals. 

9 hours ago, RUL said:

Just read that article this morning. 

Tom English has broken ranks and reporting o what the majority of fans feel.

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Decent article.

About time the MSM were shining a light on him.

Interesting comments he makes about “it’s brought enough of the board to the brink”

What does he know or what has he heard?

One thing I heard about 18 month ago was that Cormack wasn't completely sold on McInnes like Milne is. There was a disagreement in Aberdeen Airport between the two prior to flying out for a European game. It's never been the same love in that Milne has/had for him.

9 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Docherty looks hungover half the time

Regarding English’s piece, I’ve never got the impression that the BBC have the same love in with Derek that other  media outlets do - it’s moreso the Hun facing Sky and BT Sport that do so (be careful what you wish for. ??

Like him or not, English is good investigative journalist and he’s getting his info from somewhere on the board. Hopefully the equally well connected Dandy Richard Gordon quizzes him on the radio on Saturday afternoon 

Richard Gordon has probably pointed him in the right direction for info. RG knows that time is up. You can hear it everytime he discusses Aberdeen of late.

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Safe to say that our style of play was a big reason for Wright leaving.

Heard that bee said and can't say I blame him. Pity he chose to go where he went to.

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nothing to do with the £8k per week at all or whatever the hun bastard is earning. 

That will help.

8 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Things like crossing are all about repetition. Hours on the training pitch.

He'll have been spending too much time trying to ride birds with his socks on. Prick.

Ref the BBC chat as well.  Constant Quotes like “Aberdeen are always so accurate at set plays”. Fuck off and tell it how it is.  With three massive boys up from the back we’re absolutely shite at set plays.

9 hours ago, G31DON said:

Playing Hedges as a right wing back - to me - is bad management.  Giving Lewis the armband, is bad management.  Playing awful football with the third highest budget is bad management.  Being afraid of every team is bad management.  Having no strikers or defenders for next season is bad management.  Signing Curtis Main is bad management.  Paying Curtis MAin to go away is bad management.  Signing Tansey, Forester, fatty, Zola, Wylde etc is bad management.  Not living in the city that very handsomely rewards you is bad management.  Wearing a suit and tie when the huns turn up is SERVILE, PUTRID, OBSEQUIOUS Shitbaggery.

Well said, fully agree 

• Upvote 1