Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

I never want us to lose but in most other seasons I wouldn’t be bothered if we lost to Hibs in the circumstances. However this season is too important to miss out on guaranteed group stage European football, if we can somehow scrape 3rd and then part ways in the summer that would be ideal. On paper Derek would also save some of his reputation so it’s also in his interests.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

I never want us to lose, but if it meant McInnes getting binned then I’d happily take the hit v Hibs. Unfortunately I doubt he’s really 1 loss away from the sack.

Like someone said yesterday, it’s the hope that kills you. Hoping he’ll be sacked or hoping we’ll get better, when we’ll most likely just continue to mosey along achieving nothing.

Seen someone on Twitter mention it. The same things always happens; we get to a point similar to this, McInnes gets 2 wins and a draw in a run of 5 games for example and we repeat the cycle. Best policy for us would be to get rid of him come the summer and be searching for who to replace him. Can't imagine he'll be decent to us and will no doubt demand every penny he feels he's entitled to 

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

He had a go at me - his cupped ears celebration at Easter Road said to be aimed at me according to mutual friends. I got PM's from his mother in law and his bird when i wished a broken leg upon him. Then his best pal who i was mates with at the time was whinging to me about it. Stand by everything i ever said about the ballbag. 

Was he one of the many victims of the Dazzy Crash Hammer?

If Tom English’s source isn’t Cormack then DC’s got a problem, if it is Cormack then it’s a terrible reflection on DC.

I’m getting the sense he’s not a great leader. Got to bring people with you, and you can’t do that if they don’t trust you to speak honestly to their face.

In reality, the decision is now clear. The target is full houses / monetisation from the European games. Even if we manage to finish third under Mcinnes, there will be zero buzz or excitement to leverage. A new management team with exciting signings will guarantee people buy physical or virtual tickets. In my eyes, the only big question will be timing of the decision, now or in the close season. I would garden leave the current management team and place Robson and Simmie in charge, install a new regime and sell season tickets for 21-22 straight away

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Told that story before. Not repeating it as I'd be lambasted by Henry. 

Everyone loves a happy ending. Even Henry.

Hard to believe this current team could finish the season as unpopular as that particular vintage.

52 minutes ago, 1983 said:

If Tom English’s source isn’t Cormack then DC’s got a problem, if it is Cormack then it’s a terrible reflection on DC.

I’m getting the sense he’s not a great leader. Got to bring people with you, and you can’t do that if they don’t trust you to speak honestly to their face.

In reality, the decision is now clear. The target is full houses / monetisation from the European games. Even if we manage to finish third under Mcinnes, there will be zero buzz or excitement to leverage. A new management team with exciting signings will guarantee people buy physical or virtual tickets. In my eyes, the only big question will be timing of the decision, now or in the close season. I would garden leave the current management team and place Robson and Simmie in charge, install a new regime and sell season tickets for 21-22 straight away

Either way, DC has a problem, then?

Regarding season tickets for next season, the club (any club in reality) can’t expect fans to purchase season tickets with this Covid shit still hanging over us. Fucked if I’m buying one, even if Jim Goodwin did get announced but if I can’t be certain I’ll actually be allowed access to the ground.

Agree with much of that apart from Simmie. He’s miles out of touch with what is required to coach the 1st team.

Robson and Peanut, interim charge till the summer.

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Agree with much of that apart from Simmie. He’s miles out of touch with what is required to coach the 1st team.

Robson and Peanut, interim charge till the summer.

He’s well respected with the younger players and other coaches, and he does things in the right way. I’d have faith and not from a nepotistic point of view

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Correct. Win win

McWinless is years past the sacking point, tomorrow’s result has no impact on that so let’s win tomorrow 

After 2014-2017 period, where we were actually very good and unlucky to be up against an almost perfect Celtic side, I think he deserved a couple of seasons to rebuild. He's had that period now and tried rebuilding a couple of times without success. I feel like he lucked out a bit with the players he had at his disposal and rode that through the years. I just don't think he's got another "winning formula". Feels like his tried and tested formula has become predictable, stale and only relies on a certain set of players and situations. 

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

After 2014-2017 period, where we were actually very good and unlucky to be up against an almost perfect Celtic side, I think he deserved a couple of seasons to rebuild. He's had that period now and tried rebuilding a couple of times without success. I feel like he lucked out a bit with the players he had at his disposal and rode that through the years. I just don't think he's got another "winning formula". Feels like his tried and tested formula has become predictable, stale and only relies on a certain set of players and situations. 

He’s uninterested. Wealth does that to you. He’s probably worn down a bit too. Shelf lives and all that.

Not that I really give a fuck but I wonder where he goes after Aberdeen?

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Probably doesn’t need to work again?

In all seriousness, probably St Mirren, good restart opportunity for him. Jump outta bed and he’s at the stadium 

Will his ego allow him to go to a St Mirren, or a Leqgue Two club in England?

I’d have my doubts.

He might fancy carving out a media career like Neil McCann has for example. 

24 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Agree. Especially doing his talking in the press through someone like Tom English. Keep it in house, and don't let speculation build publicly.

2 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Agree. Especially doing his talking in the press through someone like Tom English. Keep it in house, and don't let speculation build publicly.

Who else could it be, then? A board member? Steven Gunn? Wicks? Crotty?

A member of the coaching team? Robson, Kirk?

A journo never reveals his source but I hope Richard grills him tomorrow on Radio Scotland.

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Who else could it be, then? A board member? Steven Gunn? Wicks? Crotty?

A member of the coaching team? Robson, Kirk?

A journo never reveals his source but I hope Richard grills him tomorrow on Radio Scotland.

It's got to be Cormack. 

They were pally last summer during the COVID-19 break.

32 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think you mean that positively - Maclean, Shinnie, Cosgrove, or possibly you mean that he's had to ride out poor luck with players - Wilson, Forrester etc guys who on paper should have done well.

But he's also had this indescribable blinkeredness towards certain players and positions.  Langfield's concentration, Considines pace, the pretendy full backs.  Thats now not only coming back to haunt him but all teams, not just Celtic, are ruthlessly exploiting it.  His tried formula has become predictable for sure.  But it was never really fully tested.  Not successfully anyway.