Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

41 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Will his ego allow him to go to a St Mirren, or a Leqgue Two club in England?

I’d have my doubts.

He might fancy carving out a media career like Neil McCann has for example. 

Unless he gets a quick offer to go down south to a decent championship club, I reckon he'll wait for the Scotland job to become available and just do punditry work until then.

As you say, his ego won't allow him to take any perceived step down from us. 

I actually think the source is Stewart Milne

My theory being he did a lot of press last week for Lawell leaving so therefore he's on the recently dialed of various journos including English.

I can't really fathom it's Dave C as the source.

It's really hard to believe English has managed to hunt down Eales, Crotty or Buchan.

Wicks and Gunn are salaried employees they'd certainly not entertain it doing something as stupid.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

He’s uninterested. Wealth does that to you. He’s probably worn down a bit too. Shelf lives and all that.

Not that I really give a fuck but I wonder where he goes after Aberdeen?

Scotland manager. I don't see Clarke carrying on any later than the 2022 World Cup finals. If he didn't get us qualified for them, he'd probably walk 6 months earlier.

McInnes current contract is ideally timed to run out for either scenario.......if we qualify, he has a nice summer holiday then picks up punditry work up to and including the finals. He then takes over seamlessly at the end of them. If Clarke walks early, he gets the job in the summer, plays a few friendlies and attends the World Cup as an accredited manager to observe. But still gets a few pundit sessions whilst he's there.

There's nobody really else to challenge him for the position. Moyes is doing far too well (and earning far too much) with West Ham to be interested. Jack Ross and Alex Neil too young to be interested at this point in their careers. Neil could well be Celtic manager by then anyway.

From McInnes' press conference today.......

“We have got a chance to go third tomorrow with a game in hand. I am being positive about that. If we finish third it still won’t be good enough for some and so be it. If that is not good enough for some then you have got to deal with that.

When you go into a job as a manager you have got to deal with pressure. I have felt pressure since day one here. The more you do the more that increases. I am fine with it; I am relaxed about it. We are looking forward to the game. Our intention is to go down and give a good account of ourselves and for Aberdeen Football Club, get three points that allow us to get back to third and if that is not good enough for some then so be it."

Interesting. Maybe Tom English is onto something ..........

16 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

^ Someone's got to him, he's biting back there. Hopefully it's boardroom telling him to get his fucking act together or fuck the fuck off

No question of that.

Watching it again just now on RedTV, he has that sad look in his eyes, like its almost at an end, like a long suffering marriage..

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I actually think the source is Stewart Milne

My theory being he did a lot of press last week for Lawell leaving so therefore he's on the recently dialed of various journos including English.

I can't really fathom it's Dave C as the source.

It's really hard to believe English has managed to hunt down Eales, Crotty or Buchan.

Wicks and Gunn are salaried employees they'd certainly not entertain it doing something as stupid.

They might if they have been instructed from above.

44 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

There he goes twisting words again.

“If we finish third it still won’t be good enough for some”

Completely (probably deliberately) missing the point that people saw 2nd as achievable this season due to Celtic’s collapse. Not because we expect to be the 2nd best team in the country. 

And add in that we have failed to score in 9 out of 26 games and only scored 31 goals.

It's boring as fuck watching your team Derek.

40% win rate is fkn disgusting & that is just his league form.

Cunt should have fkd off himself after either one of the Accies, St Mirren, Motherwell, Utd, St Johnstone  games & definitely after the County game.

Two Livi games shouldn’t have had him in charge for sure & it’s a disgrace he’s managed to hang past them to go on & embarrass us v Hibs

3 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Chairman really need to be based on the country of the team, 

They need to feel the mood of the fans 

The best way to get rid of a manager is to turn on the chairman. 

If he isn't here it's not got the same impact

You could always send him a menacing tweet I suppose. Seriously though no difference between him and any other chairman right now with no fans allowed in the grounds but I agree once things get back to normal he won't be able to gauge the mood inside the stadium from the other side of the Atlantic.

I can see us only getting 2 (maybe 4 at a push) points from our next FIVE games & Mcinnes would probably be happy with 4 

Looking at the fixtures, McInnes will VERY likely walk after Hibs game regardless of result 

? for the win & Mcinnes leaving with arrogance.Even though we will all know it is really because he’s no bottle for it

be nice to get a Goodwin in before the St Mirren game ?

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I can see us only getting 2 (maybe 4 at a push) points from our next FIVE games & Mcinnes would probably be happy with 4 

Looking at the fixtures, McInnes will VERY likely walk after Hibs game regardless of result 

? for the win & Mcinnes leaving with arrogance.Even though we will all know it is really because he’s no bottle for it

be nice to get a Goodwin in before the St Mirren game ?

Why would McInnes “walk” after the Hibs game when he knows he can trouser a massive sum if he’s sacked?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Scotland manager. I don't see Clarke carrying on any later than the 2022 World Cup finals. If he didn't get us qualified for them, he'd probably walk 6 months earlier.

McInnes current contract is ideally timed to run out for either scenario.......if we qualify, he has a nice summer holiday then picks up punditry work up to and including the finals. He then takes over seamlessly at the end of them. If Clarke walks early, he gets the job in the summer, plays a few friendlies and attends the World Cup as an accredited manager to observe. But still gets a few pundit sessions whilst he's there.

There's nobody really else to challenge him for the position. Moyes is doing far too well (and earning far too much) with West Ham to be interested. Jack Ross and Alex Neil too young to be interested at this point in their careers. Neil could well be Celtic manager by then anyway.

Alex Neill is a rabid hun.

Would he want to go to the San Saville? 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

No question of that.

Watching it again just now on RedTV, he has that sad look in his eyes, like its almost at an end, like a long suffering marriage..

It was the “I think we’ve established that” when he snapped at Tyrone’s last question.

He was pissed off at his line of questioning, which given results & performances, Tyrone was entitled to ask as part of his job.

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It was the “I think we’ve established that” when he snapped at Tyrone’s last question.

He was pissed off at his line of questioning, which given results & performances, Tyrone was entitled to ask as part of his job.

He's become complacent and lazy.  There's a feeling with both him and Docherty that due to their past record they should not be questioned in any way now. 

Probably a bit of bitterness on his part that he turned down two jobs to stay here and in his head he might have built up a scenario where we are ungrateful. 

Truth is, football management is a continual assessment process.  There's better and bigger managers than McInnes who've fallen by the wayside after a run of poor performances. 

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would McInnes “walk” after the Hibs game when he knows he can trouser a massive sum if he’s sacked?

Because he will leave thinking his head can be held high before what will no doubt be a ridiculous run of results that will bring his win % sub 30% if he stays in next five fixtures.

I see ‘mutual consent’ very very soon with a 50% pay off & him still saving face. Maybe Killie job will still be available ?