Cormack Thread

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Most clubs don't have CEO's or DoF that are visible. They just get on with their work with no fuss.

I don't know why Aberdeen fans in particular are so obsessed and get hard ons with 'Transparency' and the DoF, CEO and Chairman being so present and vocal. Life was simpler before they started trying to reach out to fans. Just encourages the zoomers in our support to be even more unhinged than they already are.

What is it that people want Burrows to say? would be pointless for him to say anything and they arent going to tell you anything about players we have approached and been knocked back by either..

Some people need to get a life beyond the football club and stop obsessing over everything

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We also lost our commercial director last summer who seemed to be a sensible head amongst a crowd of idiots. 

I assume his role was absorbed into Burrows' role but still another decent person lost to the business 

Think Robbie Hedderman now in that role 

4 hours ago, The Hulk said:

That just isn't true at all.

But let's for the sake of your point say that it is. How do you mitigate against that?

You put together a structure in the club.  You appoint a Director of Football/Sporting Director to oversee everything from first team down to development teams.  The DoF implements a strategy that in turn engenders a clear philosophy that is bought into from top to bottom, an "Aberdeen Way" if you will.  If the club has an identity then it makes the football operation easier to monitor.

You put together a recruitment team in charge of talent identification for players that fit the identity & philosophy of the club in order the manager or head coach's job is quite easy to integrate players of said identity/style into the team.  If and when those players don't perform then you can analyse what went wrong as opposed to leaving the recruitment to the manager in choosing players that don't fit any clear philosophy, or at least not the club's one.  If the head of recruitment is being undermined in their job by a single-minded coach then something is wrong.

You ensure an analysis team is in place which can give good information to the coaching team.  If the coaching team rip up that analysis then that's either down to the coach's single-mindedness or the appointed analysts having poor ability to carry out their jobs effectively; putting their appointments into question.

You appoint a Chief Executive who will oversee day to day operations and take efficient decisions the important issues like ensuring ticketing strategies go smoothly or fronting up difficult decisions such as relieving a manager of his duties.

I am sure all of this will be familiar. The individual that insisted on the structure has to take ultimate responsibility for the people they place into that structure. People of questionable ability have been put in place in all of these positions. For all of Cormack's charisma, business acumen, and clear and obvious love for his & our club, he is clearly a poor judge of ability when it comes to what it takes to run a football club of this magnitude.

Ok Judge Reiner. 

5 hours ago, a don in oz said:

Of course. He at the very least signs off on the appointments but a manager is a lottery no matter who it is. Anyone think that Mourinho or Klopp would do well for us? 

We'll just have to see whoever it is he gets in, if they can hack it unlike the last 3 and - checking - 7 of the previous 10 before that. 

Good:

God for 2 seasons

Calderwood. Ish

McInnes for a handful of seasons

Dogshit:

Aitken

Alex Fucking Miller

Hegarty

Skovdahl (even if he had a helluva personality)

Paterson

Y'know Mark y'know McGhee 

Brown (though he's not diarrhoea because he at least steadied the ship)

Harsh on Brown. Inherited a total mess which, for the most part, he cleaned up and laid the foundations for McInnes success

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Most clubs don't have CEO's or DoF that are visible. They just get on with their work with no fuss.

I don't know why Aberdeen fans in particular are so obsessed and get hard ons with 'Transparency' and the DoF, CEO and Chairman being so present and vocal. Life was simpler before they started trying to reach out to fans. Just encourages the zoomers in our support to be even more unhinged than they already are.

I don't think anyone would care how transparent the CEO and Chairman were if it wasn't for the fact they are never off social media taking all the plaudits when things are going well but then go completely AWOL for months when we're in the shit. Either be transparent through the good and bad times or just don't say anything at all ever. Personally i'd much rather they just got on with doing a good job and making the club a success, but the truth is they only have themselves to blame for any criticism they now get for lack of transparency. 

• Upvote 1

Can't see this this anywhere else but Cormack has brought in consultants to reveiw the entire football operation. Willie Miller saying its a concern and shows flaws with the current management team.

Likely an intrustment to make personnel changes and would seem Cormack has realised the current Directors aren't up to it.

2 hours ago, True_Don said:

Can't see this this anywhere else but Cormack has brought in consultants to reveiw the entire football operation. Willie Miller saying its a concern and shows flaws with the current management team.

Likely an intrustment to make personnel changes and would seem Cormack has realised the current Directors aren't up to it.

Very insightful from WM 🤣 

3 hours ago, True_Don said:

Cormack could have saved himself (or the club rather) and hired a Hat delegation to tell him what's wrong. 

On 2/2/2024 at 2:19 PM, zeroisgod76 said:

I don't think anyone would care how transparent the CEO and Chairman were if it wasn't for the fact they are never off social media taking all the plaudits when things are going well but then go completely AWOL for months when we're in the shit. Either be transparent through the good and bad times or just don't say anything at all ever. Personally i'd much rather they just got on with doing a good job and making the club a success, but the truth is they only have themselves to blame for any criticism they now get for lack of transparency. 

Totally agree

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, True_Don said:

Willie Miller is tied up on knots. The way I see it, Cormack has realised there are flows in the current management team. And he’s doing something about it. Not sure what Willie isn’t getting about that?

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Willie Miller is tied up on knots. The way I see it, Cormack has realised there are flows in the current management team. And he’s doing something about it. Not sure what Willie isn’t getting about that?

Aye, it’s a rare decent decision from Cormack. About time too.

When Goodwin was binned there were a few comments from Cormack that led me to believe that he had concerns about the football operation.

As others have said, he's seen there are issues and he (and the US presence on the board IMO) is doing something about it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Find it quite strange how all our statements have quotes from the chairman and not the CEO.

Not reading anything into that. Dave Cormack's fairly hands on and i think he's putting himself front & centre of a re-evaluation & rebuild of the off-field football side of the business. Warnock name checked Alan Burrows with regards to his arrival, so he's clearly involved in the change that's been undertaken. Steven Gunn on the other hand, i've not heard a peep about him during all this.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Not reading anything into that. Dave Cormack's fairly hands on and i think he's putting himself front & centre of a re-evaluation & rebuild of the off-field football side of the business. Warnock name checked Alan Burrows with regards to his arrival, so he's clearly involved in the change that's been undertaken. Steven Gunn on the other hand, i've not heard a peep about him during all this.

Fingers crossed that remains the case and Gunn has been sent his jotters