Cormack Thread

15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

‘Mate of a mate’ is good mates with Stephen Glass. He said that last season Cormack would be phoning Glass at HT in games to ‘discuss’ substitutions for second half ? if that is true & Cormack tries that with JG I hope he fks the cunt off ?

That would be surprising but not actually unbelievable.

One of the first plus points that was obvious with Goodwin is he won't take any shit and I've always assumed that also meant from Cormack.

Its good that Cormack has appointed a manager like Goodwin - seems to me he's realised he has to let the manager get on with it.

1 minute ago, Helmet said:

That would be surprising but not actually unbelievable.

One of the first plus points that was obvious with Goodwin is he won't take any shit and I've always assumed that also meant from Cormack.

Its good that Cormack has appointed a manager like Goodwin - seems to me he's realised he has to let the manager get on with it.

Yep Goodwin very early on openly admitted he and cormack will fall out!

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep Goodwin very early on openly admitted he and cormack will fall out!

He's just not a guy to compromise any take any shit.

Which after Glass was really needed and credit to Cormack he didn't appoint another Yes man.

I've no idea if Goodwin will really prove to be a top manager but I love his single minded straight talking approach.

I still can’t understand why Richardson wasn’t removed from his position at the same time McInnes was sacked.

The Gunn interview paints a picture that the club have a scouting and recruitment team that really helps the manager when it comes to identifying the correct type of player so why wasn’t that in place for a novice like Glass.

It may not have kept Glass in a job but would’ve saved the club a significant amount of money by not having to pay off shite player’s and could’ve had the club further up the table as well

On 7/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, slippers said:

Thoughts now?

Reasonably happy with summer signings and Goodwin's apparent ruthlessness to attempt to get an inherited mess sorted.

Still think Cormack, and his apologist, Hunter, are prize cocks but if we perform much, much better on the pitch this season my criticism of Cormack will be kept to a minimum. 

However reading rumours that he was micro managing Glass at half time in matches doesn't surprise me in slightest. 

If he attempts similar with big Jim I suspect that he would be requiring dental repair treatment reasonably rapidly.

Guest milne_afc
15 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

However reading rumours that he was micro managing Glass at half time in matches doesn't surprise me in slightest. 

Come on

13 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

‘Mate of a mate’ is good mates with Stephen Glass. He said that last season Cormack would be phoning Glass at HT in games to ‘discuss’ substitutions for second half ? if that is true & Cormack tries that with JG I hope he fks the cunt off ?

Nonsense. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If you say so but I think it is perfectly plausible that it got to that stage, if it wasn’t already that way from beginning. 

Glass was brought in as a puppet after all. That is 100% sure

Absolutely agree. Glass was clearly brought in as Cormack's yes man / puppet. 

The prawcess failed and, hopefully, Mr C has learned from his mistake.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Looks like Darren Eales has been replaced on the board by Dimitrios Efstathiou, who is the vice president of soccer operations and strategy at Atlanta United. Mr Efstathiou was formerly in charge of business and legal affairs at the MLS for a decade until August 2021.

I wondered if Eales might have stayed on at least for a bit given he's now his own man and we are hardly going to chase him out the door.

Atlanta/Blanc were always going to appoint another guy. do they have a CEO yet?

Met him on Monday morning at Aberdeen airport. 

Seemed a nice guy. Went on about the difference the training ground has made for attracting signings (No surprise there given it's named after him)

Also said they were going to be signing someone the weekend just past but the money didn't go through. Seems strange nothing was mentioned in any papers regarding a potential signing so might have misheard.

He's pretty worried about the pyro carry on in the red shed though.

15 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Seemed a nice guy. Went on about the difference the training ground has made for attracting signings (No surprise there given it's named after him)

Also said they were going to be signing someone the weekend just past but the money didn't go through. Seems strange nothing was mentioned in any papers regarding a potential signing so might have misheard.

But the money didn't go through? Was that his exact words? Did you not ask him to clarify what he meant by that?

37 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Apparently he filled out the postal order wrong