Cormack Thread

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

We were, but because of mcinnes

There's no denying we should have indeed been careful what we wished for

No latter day McInnes was simply unassssseptable (to quote thon nanny wifie).

We’re allowed to hope for more, to have a reasonable understanding of budget versus results.

I completely agree we’re wrong to simply expect more, just cos.

3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

No latter day McInnes was simply unassssseptable (to quote thon nanny wifie).

We’re allowed to hope for more, to have a reasonable understanding of budget versus results.

I completely agree we’re wrong to simply expect more, just cos.

Latter day mcinnes was ruined by Cormack 

Thats a fact

The second cormack showed up we went to pot

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Millertime said:

Latter day mcinnes was ruined by Cormack 

Thats a fact

The second cormack showed up we went to pot

I agree.Something was going on behind the scenes.Imagine if Mcinness had got the same backing that Glass and Goodwin got and they have proved themselves to be a lot worse than Mcinnes.

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

I agree.Something was going on behind the scenes.Imagine if Mcinness had got the same backing that Glass and Goodwin got and they have proved themselves to be a lot worse than Mcinnes.

DMC got plenty of money to sign players. 

May, Wilson, Bryson to name a few, were all expensive flops. 

Let us not forget.

We have won one trophy in 27 years, in a pish final against ICT.

Credit to McInnes he managed that trophy but he also spoke to Sunderland and Huns about leaving post that one trophy. 

In reality McInnes may have been the best of a mediocre bunch over those 27 years but was he really that good. 

Goodwin's clear out got me interested to start with but his false declarations about fixing the defence is beginning to really annoy me.

However Cormack is the one with his hands all over this situation. 

McInnes was giving us mediocrity, which may have improved with further investment. 

But he was sacked and Glass was appointed and the rest is history. 

This is Cormack's mess to sort out.

26 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Let us not forget.

Credit to McInnes he managed that trophy but he also spoke to Sunderland and Huns about leaving post that one trophy. 

In reality McInnes may have been the best of a mediocre bunch over those 27 years but was he really that good. 

Goodwin's clear out got me interested to start with but his false declarations about fixing the defence is beginning to really annoy me.

McInnes was giving us mediocrity, which may have improved with further investment. 

Imagine having a manager that clubs like Sunderland and "Rangers" actually wanted

Think we are there still?

The fact he was talking to bigger clubs was a positive sign, the fact he turned them down was even positiver

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Much were they in fees, £500k combined?

Much did he bring in?

He was never backed to the extent we are being now 

He was probably hindered by the fact he sold Cosgrove in the covid season. 

Goodwin has seen the benefit of selling two big assets for around 8 million and had it reinvested into the squad. 

Another huge issue for McInnes was his control of transfer policy, it was basically all him.

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Imagine having a manager that clubs like Sunderland and "Rangers" actually wanted

Think we are there still?

The fact he was talking to bigger clubs was a positive sign, the fact he turned them down was even positiver

OK MT. I will agree with you that other clubs wanting your manager is a positive. 

However I return to the stat of one trophy in 27 years. 

Simply not good enough, whether DM was at the helm or not.

From 1947 to 1995, excluding the 80's which I was very lucky to see first hand, we never had such droughts with little trophy success.

Cormack starved DM of meaningful investment in the latter years of his reign, appointed Glass and now Goodwin. 

We are now back in the bottom six after last year's shit show.

At what point do the majority realise that Cormack may be a good businessman but a bad football man.

I have never been as disillusioned with all things Pittodrie and I have witnessed some poor times under Jimmy Bonthrone, Alex Miller, Mark McGhee etc.

Must be getting old......

54 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

OK MT. I will agree with you that other clubs wanting your manager is a positive. 

However I return to the stat of one trophy in 27 years. 

Simply not good enough, whether DM was at the helm or not.

From 1947 to 1995, excluding the 80's which I was very lucky to see first hand, we never had such droughts with little trophy success.

Cormack starved DM of meaningful investment in the latter years of his reign, appointed Glass and now Goodwin. 

We are now back in the bottom six after last year's shit show.

At what point do the majority realise that Cormack may be a good businessman but a bad football man.

I have never been as disillusioned with all things Pittodrie and I have witnessed some poor times under Jimmy Bonthrone, Alex Miller, Mark McGhee etc.

Must be getting old......

We were a hell of a lot closer to a trophy under mcinnes than we have been since

(And won one)

7 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Let us not forget.

Winning 22/23/24 out of 38 games isn’t mediocrity. Doing it with effectively nothing spent on transfers and wages and no real subs/cover, is probably as good as you could ever perform.

8 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Dave Cormack thinks his customers are retards

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/09/25/spfl-broadcasting-deal-a-perspective/

Can't understand the value per game impetus, we're still getting less money via TV streams ?

We're still making fuck all money from a shitty TV deal, with shit, myopic, sycophantic coverage. 

How does the game grow under sky if they are only bothered about 2 teams, can't differentiate between United and Dundee, and don't really care about any of the happenings in the league out-with the top 2?

Ok, it'll be a 2 horse title race forever probably, but there's interesting races for 3rd, top 6, relegation. 

Games we produce are every bit as watchable as an EFL championship game as well. 

For fuck sake the WSL gets more money than we do with far, far less viewing ?

When the SPFL board see fit to keep that fucking cretin Doncaster in position earning in excess of £400,000 per annum,  a man who has consistently and methodically and unreservedly served only two clubs interest,  the sponsorship and media deals he has seen fit to broker, are seen as a disgrace, however the crap product that the SPFL has churned out makes a case for saying it's a fab deal,

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Can't understand the value per game impetus, we're still getting less money via TV streams ?

We're still making fuck all money from a shitty TV deal, with shit, myopic, sycophantic coverage. 

How does the game grow under sky if they are only bothered about 2 teams, can't differentiate between United and Dundee, and don't really care about any of the happenings in the league out-with the top 2?

Ok, it'll be a 2 horse title race forever probably, but there's interesting races for 3rd, top 6, relegation. 

Games we produce are every bit as watchable as an EFL championship game as well. 

For fuck sake the WSL gets more money than we do with far, far less viewing ?

Surely it's simple?

Swedish league gets more money, yes, because every single game is televised

Cormacks concern is if that was to happen here, the benefit of the extra tv income would severely erode match day income such as season tickets, general sale tickets, merchandise and corporate

I dont know the numbers, but the logic is sound, surely ?

Even then, would we get a broadcaster who wanted to show every single game? I doubt it

I still don't understand why teams don't do their own channels  - I would happily pay £20 even to watch every game with away games meaning the home club gets a %

Damn sight cheaper and easier than actually going 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Surely it's simple?

Cormacks concern is if that was to happen here, the benefit of the extra tv income would severely erode match day income such as season tickets, general sale tickets, merchandise and corporate

Even then, would we get a broadcaster who wanted to show every single game? I doubt it

I still don't understand why teams don't do their own channels  - I would happily pay £20 even to watch every game with away games meaning the home club gets a %

Don't know anything about Swedish crowds but surely it would be easy for Cormack to prove this point and show that the Swedish crowds dropped once all games were televised?

I see the logic, but I don't believe it would have any impact. If you wanted to you could easily watch every game online as it stands.

Cormack is full of shit here 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Surely it's simple?

The logic is fine, but as the below poster pointed out- where's the evidence it impacts the Swedish league in the same way?

Your ST holders aren't going anywhere if the games are on TV, imo. These are the backbone of the club and often buy tickets out of loyalty and love of the club. 

What the TV revenue might do, is gain more money for the club from the fair weather types who'll never commit to a full season in the freezing cal' but might well tune in on the odd Saturday if it's reasonably priced 

He needs to do more research on the Swedish leagues and see if that is actually the case. 

16 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Surely it's simple?

It already happens here. Its called hesgoal. The only difference is hesgoal don't pay for it. 

15 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Don't know anything about Swedish crowds but surely it would be easy for Cormack to prove this point and show that the Swedish crowds dropped once all games were televised?

I see the logic, but I don't believe it would have any impact. If you wanted to you could easily watch every game online as it stands.

Cormack is full of shit here 

Yeah you can watch any game online currently

But its 

A) illegal

B) crap. Both in definition and frame rate and that's only if it even works 

Club channels are the way forward

Just now, Millertime said:

Yeah you can watch any game online currently

But its 

A) illegal

B) crap. Both in definition and frame rate and that's only if it even works 

Club channels are the way forward

Subscriber to RedTV international and get a VPN. £180 straight to the club for every game home and away. 

Plus the cost of a VPN but that can be used for other things too and is only circa £5 per month. 

• Upvote 1