Cormack Thread

8 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

I love how Cormack gets ripped into these West Coast arseholes at any given opportunity.

I've no doubt, he 100% knows what he's speaking about. He's a local bloke that's went to America as a businessman and became a multi millionaire, who invests in our club. 

Fcuk knows what Livingston are holding out for either, they are bottom feeders who offer zero to Scottish football and should take what they are given.

I've got to laugh at some of the comments on here from folk that think they have the same business acumen as DC, Alan Sugar and Duncan Bannatyne, when in reality they work at Morrisons butcher department in Inverurie, slicing bacon

Nobody is doubting his business acumen, and that's also a weird thing to say about someone making an honest living. 

What people are pointing out is the obvious distortion of fact to suit his own agenda in the statement. 

He'd have been better off with a simple statement of "we've spoken to the market, and for all the faults with this deal, there isn't another one available that suits our needs." 

That would've been simple. Trying to justify his position with selective comparisons and what not only makes him look a cunt. 

18 hours ago, Millertime said:

Surely it's simple?

Swedish league gets more money, yes, because every single game is televised

Cormacks concern is if that was to happen here, the benefit of the extra tv income would severely erode match day income such as season tickets, general sale tickets, merchandise and corporate

I dont know the numbers, but the logic is sound, surely ?

Even then, would we get a broadcaster who wanted to show every single game? I doubt it

I still don't understand why teams don't do their own channels  - I would happily pay £20 even to watch every game with away games meaning the home club gets a %

Damn sight cheaper and easier than actually going 

Its not the cost that stops you going JJ.

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha that your argument for if you ever get caught?

"Aye but come on, aye I gave him money, but I wasn't sure what it was for"

If that logic worked, people buying anything illegal would say the same 

A bit more specific than that.

I paid for an app that gives me access to streams on the internet.

Nothing illegal about that min.

i don’t control the channels that are on it. 

21 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Nobody is doubting his business acumen, and that's also a weird thing to say about someone making an honest living. 

What people are pointing out is the obvious distortion of fact to suit his own agenda in the statement. 

He'd have been better off with a simple statement of "we've spoken to the market, and for all the faults with this deal, there isn't another one available that suits our needs." 

That would've been simple. Trying to justify his position with selective comparisons and what not only makes him look a cunt. 

You maybe think he looks like a c*nt, I dont.

That statement you've mentioned above essentially sounds like "we were waiting , hoping for a better deal to appear, but nabedy else is interested so I suppose we'll just hae to sign it" - Typical shite that Wiggy Milne would have came out with 10 year ago

28 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

You maybe think he looks like a c*nt, I dont.

That statement you've mentioned above essentially sounds like "we were waiting , hoping for a better deal to appear, but nabedy else is interested so I suppose we'll just hae to sign it" - Typical shite that Wiggy Milne would have came out with 10 year ago

If you can't see through the shite, you're a perfect chump.

1 hour ago, Robin Askwith said:

I love how Cormack gets ripped into these West Coast arseholes at any given opportunity.

I've no doubt, he 100% knows what he's speaking about. He's a local bloke that's went to America as a businessman and became a multi millionaire, who invests in our club. 

Fcuk knows what Livingston are holding out for either, they are bottom feeders who offer zero to Scottish football and should take what they are given.

I've got to laugh at some of the comments on here from folk that think they have the same business acumen as DC, Alan Sugar and Duncan Bannatyne, when in reality they work at Morrisons butcher department in Inverurie, slicing bacon. 

He deals with dental software. 

There’s almost no relevance or transferable acumen to understanding television deals in Scottish football.

He’s also thus far failed to grow our support and turnover, and taken us miles backwards on the pitch when he took over a very strong stable club. 

There are thousands of football chairmen around the world from business backgrounds that are useless at being football chairmen.

Why do you have no doubt he 100% knows what he’s speaking about? 

6 hours ago, Poodler said:

AFL over here - every game has been on council telly for years until next season (thenit will be limited council telly and all online PPV)  and crowds are still 60k all the time. I think it’s a myth that people just wouldn’t turn up. 

you go to the fitba for a carry on. 

Not in Victoria, never has been (ways around that, of course). You're right, people will still turn up. Very strong membership (season ticket) culture over here.

47 minutes ago, huncunts said:

He deals with dental software. 

There’s almost no relevance or transferable acumen to understanding television deals in Scottish football.

He’s also thus far failed to grow our support and turnover, and taken us miles backwards on the pitch when he took over a very strong stable club. 

There are thousands of football chairmen around the world from business backgrounds that are useless at being football chairmen.

Why do you have no doubt he 100% knows what he’s speaking about? 

So going by your ideology the club should never have allowed DC to become chairman.

Due to him only having business interests out with football (he deals in and has dealt in other things other than teeth software) and Irrespective of him being a multimillionaire and willing to invest in the club? 

he’s failed to grow our support and turnover ?

Really ??? He came in just before the covid pandemic was announced and now folk are worrying how their going to put food on their table and heat their family. What do you expect him to do during that/this period ?

3 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

I've got to laugh at some of the comments on here from folk that think they have the same business acumen as DC, Alan Sugar and Duncan Bannatyne, when in reality they work at Morrisons butcher department in Inverurie, slicing bacon. 

Exactly what the 2 clubs treat the rest of Scottish football like. Horrible lack of respect. 

43 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

So going by your ideology the club should never have allowed DC to become chairman.

Due to him only having business interests out with football (he deals in and has dealt in other things other than teeth software) and Irrespective of him being a multimillionaire and willing to invest in the club? 

he’s failed to grow our support and turnover ?

Really ??? He came in just before the covid pandemic was announced and now folk are worrying how their going to put food on their table and heat their family. What do you expect him to do during that/this period ?

Hearts have actually sold out their season tickets. 

Is your name Dave by any chance? 

4 hours ago, thurso said:

The telly deal is a load of crap anyway it’s set up for the benefit of two teams and we all know who they are.
They will be hoping sky don’t take up the package of the extra 20 games so they can sell them to this Swedish crowd who bought premier sports. 

Yeah thing is though, it's not some shrouded evil want for benefitting those 2

It's simple economics, they have more fans, therefore they are the ones the deal is centred round

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Yeah thing is though, it's not some shrouded evil want for benefitting those 2

It's simple economics, they have more fans, therefore they are the ones the deal is centred round

It’s a 12 team league not a 2 team one. 
Sky seem to promote most of the teams in the premier league in England but up here it’s only Celtic and sevco that get most of it.
There is also a reason that the two teams want their away games shown and not their home ones, as they know they won’t get the ticket sales if more of their home games were shown. It’s pathetic the excuse is given of “it’s ok every team gets 4 home games a season and it’s fair and even”. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thurso said:

It’s a 12 team league not a 2 team one. 
Sky seem to promote most of the teams in the premier league in England but up here it’s only Celtic and sevco that get most of it.
There is also a reason that the two teams want their away games shown and not their home ones, as they know they won’t get the ticket sales if more of their home games were shown. It’s pathetic the excuse is given of “it’s ok every team gets 4 home games a season and it’s fair and even”. 

You're not getting it

It isn't SKYs job to promote our league

It's SKYs job to make money

They make money through the Glasgow 2s games being shown a lot, as the Glasgow 2s fans subscribe to SKY in vast numbers

It really is that simple, there is no big conspiracy despite what your chip on your shoulder is telling you

15 hours ago, slippers said:

If that were true we would have almost 200 other games we could sell. We don’t as they have sold the lot bar maybe 20 that could become available. 

Again that is a totally flawed way to look at it. Just because the other 200 odd games aren't on tv doesn't mean we have sold them. The reason they are not on tv is to keep up attendances, hospitality and the general atmosphere at games. There is plenty evidence for and against this argument btw, but as Cormack stated the appetite is not there from clubs to sell more games and potentially lose out on this revenue and the appetite is not there from any broadcaster to show 200 odd games either. 

An independent review was carried out and said we had marginally under sold our game to tv broadcasters and a new deal was struck well in advance of SKY needing to commit to a deal. Sky has huge flaws but at the end of the day they are the only broadcaster who come up with the cash time and time again. The fact it is going through now makes all the west coast media shite yesterday against Cormack look stupid, only ONE club are against the deal and I wonder why they are against it. The same Stewart Robertson who has a place on the board to come up with alternative options, complains that there is no alternative option. The alterior motive is that they want rid of Doncaster and in particular Maclennan. Sad that some of our fans have been sucked in by the shite from that side against our own chairman, who has his flaws but has done nothing but put his money up from day one. 

7 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Again that is a totally flawed way to look at it. Just because the other 200 odd games aren't on tv doesn't mean we have sold them. The reason they are not on tv is to keep up attendances, hospitality and the general atmosphere at games. There is plenty evidence for and against this argument btw, but as Cormack stated the appetite is not there from clubs to sell more games and potentially lose out on this revenue and the appetite is not there from any broadcaster to show 200 odd games either. 

An independent review was carried out and said we had marginally under sold our game to tv broadcasters and a new deal was struck well in advance of SKY needing to commit to a deal. Sky has huge flaws but at the end of the day they are the only broadcaster who come up with the cash time and time again. The fact it is going through now makes all the west coast media shite yesterday against Cormack look stupid, only ONE club are against the deal and I wonder why they are against it. The same Stewart Robertson who has a place on the board to come up with alternative options, complains that there is no alternative option. The alterior motive is that they want rid of Doncaster and in particular Maclennan. Sad that some of our fans have been sucked in by the shite from that side against our own chairman, who has his flaws but has done nothing but put his money up from day one. 

Are you sure?

Its being made out that the rights to all of our games were sold and the broadcaster only wants to show 48

25 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You're not getting it

They make money through the Glasgow 2s games being shown a lot, as the Glasgow 2s fans subscribe to SKY in vast numbers

It really is that simple, there is no big conspiracy despite what your chip on your shoulder is telling you

Correct 

Folk harping on about Scottish football being “ripped off by SKY “ and “we should be getting more cause English football get more, nonsense”

The fact is that outside of Scotland, 99% of football fans think Scottish football is shite. 
It’s all about viewing figures, and whether folk agree or not, the rangers and Celtic is a pull for SKY. 

As DC has already said, this is the best deal we can hope for. 

36 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

SKy obviously think so, and judging by the viewing figures for womens football which are increasing year on year, then it doesn’t surprise me to be honest. 

Should be on the Comedy Channel.

It’s fucking horrendous to watch women’s football.

The keepers in particular are laughably bad.

It is a different sport.  
A shite sport.  
Get it in the fucking sea with a tonne lead weight tied to it. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

You're not getting it

Sky promotes what they want to promote it’s why the woman’s league in England gets more coverage than our league. 

A lot of teams fans pay for sky not just the arse cheeks. It’s not just that it’s only their away games they put on.
What highlights package do they put on 15 mins of goals over and over again. What discussion about games do they do.