Cormack Thread

2 hours ago, patrick bateman said:

Hey @Millertime 

if by your logic the reason behind the ramming of the cheeks down the throats of Scottish football fans, is commercial, why don't the English premier league deal with sky have man united live every week? The NFL don't have the Dallas cowboys in every prime time Sunday or Monday night game. The NBA have the Lakers on their premium fixtures every time and so on. If the decision was purely commercial and entirely at the discretion of the tv company paying the bill...

Cos those things would be the most commercially viable for sky and the other broadcasting companies who own those rights...

just wondering 

Erm, why don't Sky show Man Utd every week?

Well, I'm surprised I even need to type this, but because they have Liverpool?

Man City?

Arsenal?

Spurs?

No, I’ll be fair.  My perception, and it is only perception, was BTSport were more balanced in their coverage.  Occasional blips like you show for sure.

Arguably of course because they had a dominant monopoly that wasn’t worth showing so they went looking for more exciting games.

A dominant duopoly is much better obviously.  Because it just is ok.  Sit down.  Shut up.  Pay up.

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Erm, why don't Sky show Man Utd every week?

Well, I'm surprised I even need to type this, but because they have Liverpool?

Man City?

Arsenal?

Spurs?

Answer the question, because you haven't.

Man utd games provide the largest ratings and commercial return for sky (and any other broadcaster who shows English football.)

So, by your logic sky should put them on every week no matter who they are playing.

As this would maximise sky's return.

But they don't.

Why?

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, patrick bateman said:

Answer the question, because you haven't.

Man utd games provide the largest ratings and commercial return for sky (and any other broadcaster who shows English football.)

So, by your logic sky should put them on every week no matter who they are playing.

As this would maximise sky's return.

But they don't.

Why?

Because that wasn't the deal the FA signed up to, I would imagine?

And they're in a much stronger position to negotiate as their league is much stronger?

Something not really spokn about is the slow death of the Saturday 3PM kick off. Might not matter to a lot, but if you're buying a season ticket it probably does.

5 streaming games* have to be out-with the stupid blackout. 

Live TV games - say as a minimum this will be rangers and Celtic at home - 4 games but likely more. 

Usually 2 midweek fixture rounds at home per season.

All of a sudden you have a MAX of 8 home games on a Saturday at 3 a season. 

Match going fans, the ones Cormack says he cares about (he doesn't), being fucked around with different kick off times. I don't have a season ticket, and see little point in getting one. 

*Might need to clarify this. Would the upcoming DU away match count as a streaming match against us or is it just home clubs (it's likely to be the first streamed game in this deal)?

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Because that wasn't the deal the FA signed up to, I would imagine?

And they're in a much stronger position to negotiate as their league is much stronger?

Their league is stronger due to creating a collectively inclusive and stronger league.

By not focussing on only the biggest teams that generate the most money.

You're logic still doesn't stand up to scrutiny, but I'll leave it there.

• Upvote 3
6 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Something not really spokn about is the slow death of the Saturday 3PM kick off. Might not matter to a lot, but if you're buying a season ticket it probably does.

5 streaming games* have to be out-with the stupid blackout. 

Live TV games - say as a minimum this will be rangers and Celtic at home - 4 games but likely more. 

Usually 2 midweek fixture rounds at home per season.

All of a sudden you have a MAX of 8 home games on a Saturday at 3 a season. 

Match going fans, the ones Cormack says he cares about (he doesn't), being fucked around with different kick off times. I don't have a season ticket, and see little point in getting one. 

*Might need to clarify this. Would the upcoming DU away match count as a streaming match against us or is it just home clubs (it's likely to be the first streamed game in this deal)?

5 Saturday night games would be great. A normal thing in many other countries. 

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Reading online that celtic had a drinks licence to sell alcohol at parkhead today.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9752733/celtic-granted-alcohol-licence-fans-drink-stadium-ross-county/amp/

So one half of the cunts that are the reason behind the ban in Scotland are the first to be granted license to sell drink.

Well done SFA you cretinous cunts

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, JojoJuan said:

Fucking nonsense. If it is going to be tried anywhere it should be at smaller clubs first, the ones than need the cash more, not giving a cash boost to the team with more money than the rest of the Scottish football pyramid. 

Not at all surprising though 

Wonder if they were aloud to buy multiple pints as it closed at 1pm. Long time till KO. 

They had to clear out the stadium at 1pm, presumably no one would be 'allowed' to take any drinks with them (if they did or not may be another matter).

Just a weird set up in that it's not really that connected with the match itself. Like if wanted to have a few before a 3pm game, I wouldn't go to Pittodrie late morning, knowing I'd have to leave by 1pm and then come back again by 3. 

Is this part of a larger experiment that may end up with alcohol being sold in stadiums up to, or even during, the match itself? If so then as a first step, I guess it should be encouraged but still seems like a slightly strange first step to me.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I know what he suggested, I can read - it wasn't a pop at GeeMan, mostly at how we've been taken as fools over this stadium for far too long.

So haud yer wheesht. 

😂 I was just pissing about.

Of course we've been hearing plans for years and they don't mean fuck all really and neither would a new one of any length sadly.

The club haven't a clue how they'll resolve the stadium situation and aren't getting any closer to an answer.

• Dildo 1