Sevco Thread

The thing that pisses me off is this 'boyhood' club shite. An on form player will be linked with either of the rotten sisters and if they supported them as a child then this is always mentioned. The media does this to stir up nothing but trouble.

You never really see it happening in other countries until after the players have signed.

The thing that pisses me off is this 'boyhood' club shite. An on form player will be linked with either of the rotten sisters and if they supported them as a child then this is always mentioned. The media does this to stir up nothing but trouble.

You never really see it happening in other countries until after the players have signed.

Not sure if guys like Allan have agents at his level. Surely your 'boyhood' team should have nothing to do with it if someone else is in for you if you're young/in your prime and other clubs are interested and offering better. It's cash primarily and your earning capacity is limited. Going back to your boyhood team at the end of your career (assuming you haven't slagged them off) is ok. Would have been great if Denis Law had spent his final year with the Dons, as an example.

i would never sign any player who has signed for sevco...they have demonstrated they have zero ambition, absolutely zero...but these players have fucked them over financially as mercenaries, so they have some redeeming features.

Not sure if guys like Allan have agents at his level. Surely your 'boyhood' team should have nothing to do with it if someone else is in for you if you're young/in your prime and other clubs are interested and offering better. It's cash primarily and your earning capacity is limited. Going back to your boyhood team at the end of your career (assuming you haven't slagged them off) is ok. Would have been great if Denis Law had spent his final year with the Dons, as an example.

i would never sign any player who has signed for sevco...they have demonstrated they have zero ambition, absolutely zero...but these players have fucked them over financially as mercenaries, so they have some redeeming features.

John Viola.

Some kids at Juvenile level had agents when I was younger. These guys weren't even with pro teams.

John Viola.

Some kids at Juvenile level had agents when I was younger. These guys weren't even with pro teams.

Wasn't he involved in quite a few controversial transfers involving Dons players? I'm sure I remember his name cropping up in relation to players we were trying to hold onto but who were persuaded to leave by Viola.

Your point about these players having zero ambition is spot on.

When Sevco were formed 3 years ago and they signed guys like Ian Black & David Templeton I said at the time that it was quite clear that these players had a very poor attitude to the game and they would be forever tainted as money grabbing wasters.

And lo and behold pretty much all the players Sevco signed that season are either still stuck at Sevco or have dwindled even further down the lower leagues.

No one will touch these guys, they have no ambition, no professional pride, nothing

• Upvote 1

Wasn't he involved in quite a few controversial transfers involving Dons players? I'm sure I remember his name cropping up in relation to players we were trying to hold onto but who were persuaded to leave by Viola.

Kevin McNaughton

And maybe David Rowson too? Did us a favour there if so...

Might have been Gordon Smith though.

Hibs should be putting in a complaint to the SFA about the agent's conduct here.

Charlie Miller is giving the impression this is coming from him as a former player rather than as the player'sr representative

Terrible "journalism" as well

Kevin McNaughton

And maybe David Rowson too? Did us a favour there if so...

Might have been Gordon Smith though.

When we were trying to get him to re-sign I seem to recall Viola saying McNaughton had an offer on the table from Celtic until Strachan said it was bullshit and he wasn't interested.

Rowson's agent was Smith, who was also a BBC pundit at the time, and used a SportSound interview with our then CEO (thon young guy who went to the states) to say we weren't offering Rowson enough money.

:rolleyes: Aye cos he says that's one of his biggest regrets :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

If he had his time over. He'd still take his last big pay day rather than sign for the Dons. Don't care what BS he tells the media.

Nae respect for him at all. Even less actually because he pretended he "regretted" nae playing for the Famous.

More respect for players that actually mean it.

To be fair I'm only listenng in but they sound ok. That they actually know what the fuck they're supposed to be doing which is a huge improvement from the McCoist inspired plodders.

Loved Craig Paterson who presumably didn't feel he was overstating matters on only the second game of the season to say I don't think the division has seen anything like this. What, you mean like hearts last year!

To be fair he's just retracted that and said he doesn't think the div 1 side would beat the SPL 11th team anyway.

Unsurprisingly Peter Houston the Hun management wannabe is n full agreement.

Scott Allan's faither's faither was a total blue nose. Picture of him above the mantelpiece with his full orange regalia on and one hand on the king James. Staunch, so he is.

Two weeks later after clapping him on to the pitch at Easter road...

He's always been a Tim etc.

Fickle fit a fans. Love it.