Sevco Thread

This thread was more enjoyable when they were shite

They still are. Beating a load of lower league part time shite doesn't suddenly make them a good team and I don't think they've managed a clean sheet all season. Agree it was funnier when a bunch of electricians, plumbers and welders were taking 3 points off them last year mind.

I would say it's pretty exciting when you see the quality of player he is trying to get a game ahead of.

Look at the list of people that these teams have, and how many go on to account to absolutely nothing in football. It has the potential to be an amazing signing that could well win a sub standard team a real trophy this season, but working on averages, it's more likely to be an average player that won't make it on the big stage. If we were signing him, would we be excited? It's a step up from the teams we usually loan from, but they've usually had a sniff of first team football. I very well might end up with egg on my face here, but I'm confident that I won't.

Look at the list of people that these teams have, and how many go on to account to absolutely nothing in football. It has the potential to be an amazing signing that could well win a sub standard team a real trophy this season, but working on averages, it's more likely to be an average player that won't make it on the big stage. If we were signing him, would we be excited? It's a step up from the teams we usually loan from, but they've usually had a sniff of first team football. I very well might end up with egg on my face here, but I'm confident that I won't.

I'd be very excited if we were signing him.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the arsenal signing means nothing really.

Tavernier, Waghorn and the scottish midfield lad are probably the best signings they have made. Those 3 alone have helped improved the shape a lot.

However, lets wait until we get to freezing winter days and also lets see how long the honeymoon lasts.

There are bound to be reasons why Warburton hasn't held down a post at a club long term before.....

I'd be very excited if we were signing him.

That I can understand, but even looking at people that were getting a look in (but still <5 games) when Arsenal were one of the top teams in England, there's still players that went to play a handful of games or move to somewhere like Ireland or Wales, even the boy Cregg from St Mirren was in a similar situation. Can't say we'd be too excited about signing him though.

Granted there's players like Gibbs, Seb Larsson and Alex Song came through, but I'm sure they'd rather hold onto this boy if he was that good rather than send him to a very physical league where a career impeding injury isn't too ridiculous of an idea.

MIght see it get expanded at that point. Up to 14 or 16 teams i'd guess although personally i'd just go for 18 and get on with it but anyway...

I don't think there's a best way to structure the league. There's only enough teams to have a real quality top 10 at the most, but then you're playing each other 4 times minimum, and anything more than that, you're lessening the quality of the league as a whole and possibly getting part time teams in the top league. It seems like a happy medium of 12 or 14 is the only way to go until the teams effected by the expansion/reduction either get better or worse.

If we were to give the lower leagues a bigger share of the money then this might speed that up by making the worse teams better and the better teams worse but short of that I'm all out of ideas.

That I can understand, but even looking at people that were getting a look in (but still <5 games) when Arsenal were one of the top teams in England, there's still players that went to play a handful of games or move to somewhere like Ireland or Wales, even the boy Cregg from St Mirren was in a similar situation. Can't say we'd be too excited about signing him though.

Granted there's players like Gibbs, Seb Larsson and Alex Song came through, but I'm sure they'd rather hold onto this boy if he was that good rather than send him to a very physical league where a career impeding injury isn't too ridiculous of an idea.

Players like Cregg, Stokes etc weren't heavily hyped though.

I don't think there's a best way to structure the league. There's only enough teams to have a real quality top 10 at the most, but then you're playing each other 4 times minimum, and anything more than that, you're lessening the quality of the league as a whole and possibly getting part time teams in the top league. It seems like a happy medium of 12 or 14 is the only way to go until the teams effected by the expansion/reduction either get better or worse.

If we were to give the lower leagues a bigger share of the money then this might speed that up by making the worse teams better and the better teams worse but short of that I'm all out of ideas.

Pretty much. I've long favoured the spread the money a little further and expand the league approach myself. No harm in watching us pump the likes of Falkirk or QOTS or whatever :-)

Anyway back on topic...

With Sevco now looking like an actual football team and showing all the signs of easily romping the championship (not hard).... why on earth are they still bringing in more and more players? Many are loans so not building for next year. Whats the point?

Must be costing something.

Had a bigger squint and there's players at every club that are going to go on and become the "next big thing" but very few do. It seems like most of his hype has come from the U-20 world cup. Now granted that's quite a prestigious competition, but I really can't see any hype coming from anywhere else. Surely if he was to be that good he'd be shining in the youth leagues down south.

He played a lot of the U20 WC and had the grand total of an assist, nae goals. I understand there's more that a player can contribute but that's quite poor for an attacking midfielder.

Had a bigger squint and there's players at every club that are going to go on and become the "next big thing" but very few do. It seems like most of his hype has come from the U-20 world cup. Now granted that's quite a prestigious competition, but I really can't see any hype coming from anywhere else. Surely if he was to be that good he'd be shining in the youth leagues down south.

He played a lot of the U20 WC and had the grand total of an assist, nae goals. I understand there's more that a player can contribute but that's quite poor for an attacking midfielder.

His hype started long before that.

I'll trust you. We'll see who's right, if he does end up at Sevco, come the end of the season, but I'll nail my colours to the mast and say he won't be their player of the season!

I don't think that's the best way of looking at it!

I think he's going to do very well (if he signs) but I hope you are right.

Less than a month after publicly denouncing abuse directed at Scott Allan when it looked like he might sign for the Boche, Hun Creep - and "fans chief" (Orc Warband Leader) - Craig Houston has tweeted homophobic slurs about the same Scott Allan, now that he has signed for ra sellick.

http://www.scotzine.com/2015/08/rangers-fan-rep-in-scott-allan-homophobic-slur/

:laughing: You couldnt make these people up, could you? They have become a parody of themselves.