Coronavirus

Henry

15 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Tbf to Parky he has been saying this. I doubted We'd have a vaccine this quick and I doubted they'd get it distributed this quick but Parky had faith. 

There will defo be a lockdown in winter though, you can hear the mood music and the shifting of the goalposts already(seasonal flu)

Hayfever during summer, flu during winter. Permanently in and out of lockdown.

Anyone thinking the vaccine is the end of this is off their rocker I’m afraid. If it was we’d have been restriction free weeks ago 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Yeah not arguing with that, no one can know the long term effects so understandably people have doubts. It's defo working though, you can see that with the figures.

Is it? If you compare numbers from July 2020 against July 2021 I’d be doubting how effective it is 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Hayfever during summer, flu during winter. Permanently in and out of lockdown.

Anyone thinking the vaccine is the end of this is off their rocker I’m afraid. If it was we’d have been restriction free weeks ago 

Yip. The problem is that no health board will ever say they can cope. They have it so ingrained in them that they are underfunded it's their default position now to say they'll be "overwhelmed" and then it's a "protect the nhs" lockdown in January.

We'll get all the "is it safe" chat about Christmas as well.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yip. The problem is that no health board will ever say they can cope. They have it so ingrained in them that they are underfunded it's their default position now to say they'll be "overwhelmed" and then it's a "protect the nhs" lockdown in January.

We'll get all the "is it safe" chat about Christmas as well.

The top NHS managers talk about 90-95% bed occupancy being a worry.  It's always been around that figure,  they've been moaning about it every winter for decades. 

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Fair point actually. I was looking at it against cases but there is shitloads more testing this year so therefore more cases.

2nd July 2020 - 5 cases 1 death.

2nd July 2021 - 3,823 cases, 4 deaths

It would appear the vaccine isn’t helping stop transmission.  Could argue the death to cases ratio is far lower but that could be explained by the virus behaving like every other virus as it mutates. Becomes more transmissible but less deadly. It’s also already killed off some of the old and vulnerable who survived the mild flu season in 2019

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Aye. The trials are going fucking amazingly. Hardly any cunt is getting ill

Plenty cunts getting ill but if it’s not of Covid it doesn’t matter. Also I wonder if they have stopped falsifying deaths certificates now to make it seem like the vaccine is working, I can’t think of any other reason to lie about peoples cause of death. Or perhaps that was a tactic to justify lockdowns or both. Shocking though  which ever way you look at it

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1

I've mentioned the death certificate thing before. Covid is a "notifiable disease" so has to be mentioned on a death certificate and recorded if it's even just suspected. 

I had a bit of a thing when my grandad died and they put Alzheimers as his cause of death when he didn't have it so did a bit of research and had a bit of ultimately pointless tooing and froing with NHS Tayside about it.

Basically if a doctor reckons a dead cunt might have had covid no matter how unlikely they'll put it as one of the causes just in case.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

I've mentioned the death certificate thing before. Covid is a "notifiable disease" so has to be mentioned on a death certificate and recorded if it's even just suspected. 

I had a bit of a thing when my grandad died and they put Alzheimers as his cause of death when he didn't have it so did a bit of research and had a bit of ultimately pointless tooing and froing with NHS Tayside about it.

Basically if a doctor reckons a dead cunt might have had covid no matter how unlikely they'll put it as one of the causes just in case.

I wonder what % of the official covid deaths would have occurred regardless of Covid?  

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

I wonder what % of the official covid deaths would have occurred regardless of Covid?  

100% probably. 

Considering the fact that everyone dies. 

Daft cunt

13 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I don't have a phone that scans qr codes, what a fucking hassle in town, no manual sign in, get the vaccine, just want a beer.

Fully agree. I had the same issues when in O'Neill's in Back Wynd.

After my details were eventually taken, I sat down at an allocated table. Waited 15 minutes to try to get served but realised that I had to order a beer through their app. 

I thought "fuck that" and walked out. Why can you not just order a beer at a bar?

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Would've thought one of the staff would've taken your order, MAD. 

Im quite liking the table service tbh. Especially at busy times, can order and wait at your seat for a drink, rather than spend 10 minutes fighting to get served at the bar. 

I don't mind getting served at a table, providing there are plenty of staff on at any given time, and they are attentive and ask at regular intervals if you wish more drinks. 

I felt sorry for the quine in O'Neill's as she was the only staff member working when I was in by and she obviously had been told by her boss only accept orders from folk that had placed then via their app.

Wilson's on Market Street have got the perfect set-up. O'Neills could learn a great deal from them. 

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I felt sorry for the quine in O'Neill's as she was the only staff member working when I was in by and she obviously had been told by her boss only accept orders from folk that had placed then via their app.

Wilson's on Market Street have got the perfect set-up. O'Neills could learn a great deal from them. 

Aye but if they only take orders via the app they don't have to fuck about with cash, fuck about with noting down orders, simple as fuck and that's why they can probably run it with one member of staff. They might have missed out on a few drinks fae you but are saving in wages. 

You could be right however and I'm sure Wilson's understand that not all their clientele have smart phones etc different systems for different pubs it'll never be a perfect fit for everyone. 

Gave some weegie cunt a mask, never even made the token effort to wear it when he came down looking for his bags, might SIHF tomorrow.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, NEM said:

It was obvious from the start. They threw money at the middle classes and the WFH mob while ordinary people either had to keep working or live in poverty.

The furlough scheme was/is unbelievably unfair but people see it as free money so put up with it.

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It was obvious from the start. They threw money at the middle classes and the WFH mob while ordinary people either had to keep working or live in poverty.

The furlough scheme was/is unbelievably unfair but people see it as free money so put up with it.

I loved furlough to be honest Moobs. And my employers topped it up to my full salary. What's not to like. Free wonga.