Coronavirus

Henry

2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Consider you are obviously still running a temp and a bit delirious.

What's her haircut got to do with it?

You are normally a bit better than that,you are going stir crazy sitting in your bedroom for over a week.

Better than the basement I suppose.

Nae answer, shite patter. 

Typical

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I didn't realise Starmer represented Conservative. Thought it was Labour. My bad.

2014 - independence. SNP. Fake news. Lies. Coverage mostly going to Better Together. Which was positive. All negative about SNP. That's a starter but you'll dismiss that I'm sure.

I never mentioned Starmer.You did.

Also going on about Boris bumbling his way through.

I agree they are all muppets but stop defending Sturgeon by going on about English politicians.

I don't support any of them.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Because the alternative parties have done the same in England.

Democracy in our country it a shambles 

What they do in England isn't our problem though. It also doesn't excuse the snp for failing. The snp present themselves as being different from these parties. The reality is, they're not 

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

What they do in England isn't our problem though. It also doesn't excuse the snp for failing. The snp present themselves as being different from these parties. The reality is, they're not 

When these parties are staunch unionist parties, and are intent on essentially toeing their own parties line, it does matter. The tories in Scotland are the same as tories in England. 

I agree, the SNP aren't much different. The only thing they offer that I really like is independence. 

32 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The British Broadcasting Corporation is at the beck and call of the Scottish Nationalist Party.

This is certainly true, but only due to the SNP having forged strong links with the legal and financial establishment.

That's the SNPs main vested interest now, with independence being merely a distant aspiration.

7 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Agreed he tore her apart then got the boot from the BBC.

He didn't get the boot he decided to leave you utter fruit loop. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

When these parties are staunch unionist parties, and are intent on essentially toeing their own parties line, it does matter. The tories in Scotland are the same as tories in England. 

I agree, the SNP aren't much different. The only thing they offer that I really like is independence. 

Scottish Labour are looking at distancing themselves from Labour. With good reason. 

Anyway, what the tories etc do down there has nothing to do with what the snp do here. They've had years in charge and have ruined so many areas. 

4 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Seems to be the typical response when they can't defend them.

Like sticking up for McInnes by saying the Fulham manager was worse.

• Dildo 2
1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

Scottish Labour are looking at distancing themselves from Labour. With good reason. 

Anyway, what the tories etc do down there has nothing to do with what the snp do here. They've had years in charge and have ruined so many areas. 

It does matter when the only thing you have to measure it against is the English versions 

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

Seems to be the typical response when they can't defend them.

Like sticking up for McInnes by saying the Fulham manager was worse.

I'm not defending the SNP you idiot. 

Boris looking to rip the band aid off as of 19th July, doon here at least. Refreshing to hear them now talking about living with the virus and placing the onus on personal responsibility going forward. I can’t see many other countries achieving close to a 90% take up of the vaccines for their adult populations. We’ve reached a point where it’s about as good as its going to get so time to get back to something resembling normality again. There will always be dissenting voices, especially from those who’ve become feart to have any kind of contact with their fellow humans. Amazed at how many folk are inherently risk averse these days, even when confronted with the evidence that tells them there’s very little threat even if they did catch it.  

33 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It does matter when the only thing you have to measure it against is the English versions 

Why does it always have to be measured against what's happening in England?  Why not Wales,  or NI?  Why does it have to be measured against any country?  If the SNP are making a pigs ear of something then what happens in other countries is irrelevant. Constantly pointing the finger at England is just whataboutery on a par with all the arse cheek nonsense and an attempt to avoid scrutiny and criticism. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Joe pike said:

I mixed him up with Andrew Neil.

So what's your excuse for speaking shite.

To be honest. 

So did I ? 

4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Were they not fairly shite pay rises? 

I think nurses should probs get around 30K a year. Unsociable hours being the main reason for that, and the fact they provide a useful service. 

My contempt is reserved for GP doctors. Total charlatans. Can't stand them.

As a charge nurse, I was earning a good bit more than £30k per year more than 15 years back. The pay stalled quite dramatically when they moved from letters to numbers defining the pay grades (I went from a grade G to a band 7) and really hasn't gone up significantly since. It was what made me retire pretty much as soon as I could ( I worked 18 months longer than the bare minimum).Just didn't think what I was getting paid was worth it for the ever increasing shit I was getting, both from patients and relatives with unreasonable expectations and senior managers cutting budgets, making expectations ever more difficult to achieve. I'd be on just shy of £42k had I stayed on although I believe the Scottish government (Wales too) has offered 4% across the board as opposed to England who are only getting 1% as it stands.

Your figure of £30k for nurses is actually close to £1500 more than what a staff nurse (band 5) earns currently at the top of their pay banding (they will earn slightly more with unsocial/ weekend hours payments added). A newly qualified staff nurse earns a little over £22k/ year and it could take them 7 years to reach the top of their banding, although there are shortcuts available with extra training/skills.

As for GP's.....I agree there are certain ones who have made their practices into very healthy businesses. But things have changed dramatically over the past 20 years or so. Back then, when doctors first qualified straight out of medical school, if you asked them what they wanted to do with their careers, well over half wanted to qualify as GP's. Now hardly any do.......in spite of them being able to opt out of doing out of hours cover if they so wish, which they weren't back in the day. There is a coming crisis very soon with nowhere near enough young GP's qualifying to replace ones in their 50s and 60s who will be retiring over the next 10 years or so