Coronavirus

Henry

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Tories for you- gesture politics. 

No pay rises, just claps and awards. 

The new currency. Empty gestures.

They’ve had two pay rises this year. They take home more than they’d like you to think. 

it would be worth getting out of bed for now 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Decided to look up Neil Oliver more. Anyone who annoys Parky so much must be worth listening to. Nails it here again.

I'm on board with his point here. 

There is a certain irony in discussing contempt for the 'proles' whilst associating with cunts like Andrew Neil and getting a spot on the UK version of Fox News. 

He's clearly trying to make a name for himself this way, won't be long til he's selling books, doing radio interviews crying about freedom of speech etc, making millions off the 'proles' he says he cares about. 

Aside from all that, makes a totally fair point there. 

Just now, Poodler said:

They’ve had two pay rises this year. They take home more than they’d like you to think. 

Were they not fairly shite pay rises? 

I think nurses should probs get around 30K a year. Unsociable hours being the main reason for that, and the fact they provide a useful service. 

My contempt is reserved for GP doctors. Total charlatans. Can't stand them.

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think nurses should probs get around 30K a year.

LOL

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Experienced Nurses working full time in critical care get more than 30k

I'm talking base rate, to be fair.

See when you were a nurse, did you ever cure a hangover by giving yourself a drip? Rumours of medical students at Dundee uni doing that for years, is it an urban myth, or would it help a hangover?

Base rate is irrelevant really, as a full time nurse will work nightshift/ weekends and holidays getting enhancements all over the place. 

they like to moan a lot about poor pay but the money is there if they want it. Usually just too fat and lazy to do anything about it.

The fluid thing, I’d seen it done as a novelty but that’s a hassle and not common. They’re all pinching meds though, anti-sickness/ STI/ steroids etc. 

go to any nurses hoose and they’ve wads of meds 

10 minutes ago, Poodler said:

5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Not a bad wage for a 2nd wage when you consider the bloke of the household would likely be earning the same or more. ;)

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

There was a nurse interviewed on the radio a couple of days ago(forget her exact title) but she said she was on 60k a year.

Perks need to be taken into account as well.

6 months full sickness pay.

Excellent pensions 

Job security.

44 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I've taken it down now, but is it really? 

The guy comes on here and casts aspersions at everyone else, putting up this pretence he's some salt of the Earth type guy, when he's actually a total fanny who discusses golf on YouTube. 

You can't act like that much of a cunt and decide it's no fair when someone goes; here actually, this is what this cunt who's calling everyone else a cunt looks and sounds like. 

Aye it is poor. If you're happy to fire you face up on here, go for it. It's poor doing it to others.

There is an easy way to ignore him 'casting aspersions' - I blocked RS many years ago. Ignore him, and don't rise to his pish. 

42 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Tories for you- gesture politics. 

No pay rises, just claps and awards. 

The new currency. Empty gestures.

Plenty of other parties were loving all the gestures throughout this. Great photo opportunity. Tories and snp have both used the nhs to play politics over the last year. Poor show

they did get pay rises though - 1% down south and 4% up here. The snp also made a big deal of giving nhs staff 500 quid bonus. Even receptionists got it. It then turned out that the 4% rise included this 500 quid. Bit underhand, eh?

33 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I reckon there's a few, less obvious, Shipmans on the go.  

They learned from his mistakes 

Dr. Shipman never made any mistakes. He was well in control of what he was doing, and administering, to his patients. 

Beverley Allitt, Ian Paterson, Lucy Letby (albeit alleged at this point in time) and Victorino Chua are testimony that rogues still work on behalf of the NHS and "mistakes" have not been learned. 

30 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think nurses should probs get around 30K a year. Unsociable hours being the main reason for that, and the fact they provide a useful service. 

My contempt is reserved for GP doctors. Total charlatans. Can't stand them.

They'll never be happy. If they got 10% they'd say it's not enough. I've got a fairly negative view of nurses after my old man was in hospital a few years back. Some of them are scamming cunts.

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Dr. Shipman never made any mistakes. He was well in control of what he was doing, and administering, to his patients. 

Beverley Allitt, Ian Paterson, Lucy Letby (albeit alleged at this point in time) and Victorino Chua are testimony that rogues still work on behalf of the NHS and "mistakes" have not been learned. 

Creepy

21 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Base rate is irrelevant really, as a full time nurse will work nightshift/ weekends and holidays getting enhancements all over the place. 

they like to moan a lot about poor pay but the money is there if they want it. Usually just too fat and lazy to do anything about it.

The fluid thing, I’d seen it done as a novelty but that’s a hassle and not common. They’re all pinching meds though, anti-sickness/ STI/ steroids etc. 

go to any nurses hoose and they’ve wads of meds 

Sounds like a good time

13 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Aye it is poor. If you're happy to fire you face up on here, go for it. It's poor doing it to others.

There is an easy way to ignore him 'casting aspersions' - I blocked RS many years ago. Ignore him, and don't rise to his pish. 

It's poor if it's anyone else. That cunt deserves it. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

They'll never be happy. If they got 10% they'd say it's not enough. I've got a fairly negative view of nurses after my old man was in hospital a few years back. Some of them are scamming cunts.

I know a couple nurses and what they tell me they've to do, I think a pay rise of a decent amount would be fair. 

I wouldn't let a bad personal experience influence your overall view of a particular profession. 

12 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Plenty of other parties were loving all the gestures throughout this. Great photo opportunity. Tories and snp have both used the nhs to play politics over the last year. Poor show

they did get pay rises though - 1% down south and 4% up here. The snp also made a big deal of giving nhs staff 500 quid bonus. Even receptionists got it. It then turned out that the 4% rise included this 500 quid. Bit underhand, eh?

1% not end up actually being a pay decrease, in line with inflation? 

The SNP are arguably worse than tories. Wolves in sheep clothing. 

I think when you look at the amount spent over the pandemic, on utter nonsense, nurses are probably entitled to say, hey, can we get a wee bit more? 

54 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Decided to look up Neil Oliver more. Anyone who annoys Parky so much must be worth listening to. Nails it here again.

He doesn't annoy me "so much". He's an irrelevance, who I hadn't given a seconds thought to until you posted a video of him on here. 

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I know a couple nurses and what they tell me they've to do, I think a pay rise of a decent amount would be fair. 

I wouldn't let a bad personal experience influence your overall view of a particular profession. 

All I know is they are not all the "angels" they are portrayed as.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think when you look at the amount spent over the pandemic, on utter nonsense, nurses are probably entitled to say, hey, can we get a wee bit more? 

Most nurses were playing games for the last 15 months.

The wards were lying empty apart from the covid wards.

2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Most nurses were playing games for the last 15 months.

The wards were lying empty apart from the covid wards.

The day lockdown ended, A&E backed up for hours, hundreds of attendees, ambulances queued up, they were calling in Dundee ambulances for heart attacks up here. 

weird British public, couldn’t wait to get back to A&E. folk go just for something to do 

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

Do I? I think you've just made that up. 

He is indeed. A proper flag-waving Billy-Brit and Scotland hating cunt. 

14 hours ago, Parklife said:

He's not though, is he? He's a joke figure, which is why he's on a joke station with other joke figures. 

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

Don't know enough about it all to give an informed opinion man. I'm a bit like Neil Oliver in that regard. 

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

No. People as parents will decide. It's their job as a parent to decide what's best for their kids. It's public health officials jobs to inform that debate with their expertise. Ultimately though, you and your mrs will make that decision for your kid  

It's bitter historians job to talk bitterly about history. Listening to cunts like Neil Oliver on issues concerning the health of your family is fucking mental imo though. 

Anyway, I'm off to phone Bill Cosby and see if he reckons I should get my Covid vaccine. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He doesn't annoy me "so much". He's an irrelevance, who I hadn't given a seconds thought to until you posted a video of him on here. 

Yeah, not a seconds thought, of course Parky.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Maybe. I'm not really bothered tbh. I know a good few nurses, who aren't on the breadline. As poodler says, they get their enhanced rates for weekend and night working, not many other public sector jobs pay that. One I know through the Mrs works on average 9/10 shifts over a 4 week period, and lives pretty comfortably. 

as for the snp, I can only agree. I don't know why they get away with so much  

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

All I know is they are not all the "angels" they are portrayed as.

Of course not, they are human. 

People who believe that are foolish. Looking at what job they do, IMO they deserve a pay rise. 

2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Maybe. I'm not really bothered tbh. I know a good few nurses, who aren't on the breadline. As poodler says, they get their enhanced rates for weekend and night working, not many other public sector jobs pay that. One I know through the Mrs works on average 9/10 shifts over a 4 week period, and lives pretty comfortably. 

as for the snp, I can only agree. I don't know why they get away with so much  

Oor Nicola is looking after us. Without her we'd be in the clutches of the evil tories.