Coronavirus

Henry

15 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57712737

It’s because we have no natural immunity says the dentist. 

Considering the UK is 29th in the list of 232 nations of having high life expectancy, I would like to know where he pulled out that gem of a phrase from. 

This info. seems to indicate that we have a fine level of "natural immunity". 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Considering the UK is 29th in the list of 232 nations of having high life expectancy, I would like to know where he pulled out that gem of a phrase from. 

I don't agree with much of your stuff, but you are correct here , that was a very unscientific thing for the dentist to say.

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

If he stopped being a dick and simply said something like “Scotland, like the rest of the UK, had one of the strictest lockdowns in Europe of 2021. This allowed the vaccine rollout a great head start which it took full advantage of. Coming out of this lockdown was always going to give a rise in the number of cases. With the extremely low numbers of hospitalisations and deaths we are not concerned”. 

Job done, positive vibes, job’s a good one. 

Farce this. 

PCR test came back positive, and another member of my household tested positive, outwith the window of isolation that was set previously, so we've all to isolate for 10 days again ? 

Gonna end up in jail for murder

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Farce this. 

PCR test came back positive, and another member of my household tested positive, outwith the window of isolation that was set previously, so we've all to isolate for 10 days again ? 

Go out for a walk at 0600 or 2100 for an hour. Don’t talk to anyone. You’re probably a bigger danger banged up than out on the streets at that times. 

13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Farce this. 

If you're not ill just crack on with life Consi. Fucking stupidity locking yourself away for weeks on end if you're fine.

Just now, manboobs109 said:

If you're not ill just crack on with life Consi. Fucking stupidity locking yourself away for weeks on end if you're fine.

I don't think work would like that very much, especially if I returned and infected folk. 

Fuck knows what I'll do. I'll figure it out 

35 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

If he stopped being a dick and simply said something like “Scotland, like the rest of the UK, had one of the strictest lockdowns in Europe of 2021. This allowed the vaccine rollout a great head start which it took full advantage of. Coming out of this lockdown was always going to give a rise in the number of cases. With the extremely low numbers of hospitalisations and deaths we are not concerned”. 

Job done, positive vibes, job’s a good one. 

Exactly min. If he had said something constructive and positive like what you have stated we all would be of a far more clearer and hopeful mindset.

There will always be people who are genuinely ill, and those who are more susceptible to contracting viruses and diseases than others. That's always been facts of life, way before this virus was given a brand name to make it seem more lethal than it actually is. 

A lot more people have caught hypochondria during the last 18 months or so than normal it seems, which has not helped whatsoever. The hysteria from some people has become unbearable. 

This unnecessary continuation of negativity and unfounded statements simply creates frustration, anger, and resentment. 

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

As a charge nurse, I was earning a good bit more than £30k per year more than 15 years back. The pay stalled quite dramatically when they moved from letters to numbers defining the pay grades (I went from a grade G to a band 7) and really hasn't gone up significantly since. It was what made me retire pretty much as soon as I could ( I worked 18 months longer than the bare minimum).Just didn't think what I was getting paid was worth it for the ever increasing shit I was getting, both from patients and relatives with unreasonable expectations and senior managers cutting budgets, making expectations ever more difficult to achieve. I'd be on just shy of £42k had I stayed on although I believe the Scottish government (Wales too) has offered 4% across the board as opposed to England who are only getting 1% as it stands.

Your figure of £30k for nurses is actually close to £1500 more than what a staff nurse (band 5) earns currently at the top of their pay banding (they will earn slightly more with unsocial/ weekend hours payments added). A newly qualified staff nurse earns a little over £22k/ year and it could take them 7 years to reach the top of their banding, although there are shortcuts available with extra training/skills.

As for GP's.....I agree there are certain ones who have made their practices into very healthy businesses. But things have changed dramatically over the past 20 years or so. Back then, when doctors first qualified straight out of medical school, if you asked them what they wanted to do with their careers, well over half wanted to qualify as GP's. Now hardly any do.......in spite of them being able to opt out of doing out of hours cover if they so wish, which they weren't back in the day. There is a coming crisis very soon with nowhere near enough young GP's qualifying to replace ones in their 50s and 60s who will be retiring over the next 10 years or so

Top of a band 7 will earn £47846. 

A newly qualified band 5 will earn £26104 basic and reach the maximum of £32915 basic in just 4 years, There are no shortcuts. 

Had to laugh at some lassie on This Morning who’d rung in panicking about the relaxing of covid rules when she was currently a week in with the Covids? How can you worry about catching something you’ve already got?! Symptomatic of the hysteria and worst case thinking that’s seeped in to the populace though.

20 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Had to laugh at some lassie on This Morning who’d rung in panicking about the relaxing of covid rules when she was currently a week in with the Covids? How can you worry about catching something you’ve already got?! Symptomatic of the hysteria and worst case thinking that’s seeped in to the populace though.

You watch “This Morning” ?  That is more worrying. 

9 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

You doing the tests properly Consi min? 

I just did my second home test today and just licked the fucking thing 

I am but it's maybe an idea to do what you're doing

Few have noticed during yesterday's facile announcement of "freedom day" the House of Commons quietly voted to CRIMINALISE all and any public protest if the police decide that it constitutes a "public nuisance", and this can be applied to any number of people starting from one

The mainstream media are barely interested in deviating from their tired and dozy mantra that everybody must get jabbed

BBS Scotland decided that this was the appropriate day to publicise the Scot Police Federation's belief that coughing near police officers might be regarded as hostile and possibly worthy of a section 38, which would bar you from employment prospects for around fifteen years

Covid fear is now a vehicle toward fascism for a country held in stasis

11 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Farce this. 

My nephew who's 13 tested positive. Their house had to isolate for 10 days. His younger brother (who's 10) tested positive 7 days into their isolation so the 10 days started again. 4 days in and their dad has tested positive. Clock resets again for another 10 days. Fuck that like.