In the News

Ramandu

Just now, Beachend Bootboy said:

It's fuckin' comedy.  Get over it.  Fuckin' fuss about fuck all.

But it's blurred. 

Could I get up on a stage, take a dump, say racist shit, abuse people in the crowd at some stand up venue, and that's cool cause I'm a comedian?

Its a fine line. 

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Sadowitz joke. 
Q. How do you crucify a spastic?

A. On a swastika

and he’s a Jew, so he can say it.

I can't find much of him on YouTube, which is why I'm asking. 

That's kind of joke I don't get. It's sole intention is to shock, it's not particularly clever, just offensive for the sake of it, which seems to be what's meant to make it funny. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, CCB III said:

But it's blurred. 

Could I get up on a stage, take a dump, say racist shit, abuse people in the crowd at some stand up venue, and that's cool cause I'm a comedian?

Its a fine line. 

Is it fuck blurred.  You either find it funny or you fuckin' don't.  If you don't like that sort of stuff, don't go fuckin' see it.  As you said yourself. 

Comedy doesn't have to be dissected, analysed and fuckin' contexted (word?).  Fuckin' jokes, funny stories, analogies, double entendres, quips, one-liners.  Who gives a fuck?  It's fuckin' comedy.  Subjective? Aye, so take it for whatn it is.  FUCKIN' COMEDY.

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I can't find much of him on YouTube, which is why I'm asking. 

That's kind of joke I don't get. It's sole intention is to shock, it's not particularly clever, just offensive for the sake of it, which seems to be what's meant to make it funny. 

It is funny and you're a fuckin' borin' analytical prick.  You any better in bed wi that fuckin' tart you make oot yer dubbed up wi?

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Comedy is only actually comedy if it’s funny.

Some lesser comedians have to resort to being controversial or shocking in order to get folks attention.

Low form of comedy IMO

Murder.  Ooooooohhh look at me.  I didn't find that joke funny.  I got my feefees hurt. It's offensive. Mummy, mummy. Fuckin' pathetic whingin' loada pish.  Panty pissin' fuckin' teuchter dreep!!!!

8 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Is it fuck blurred.  You either find it funny or you fuckin' don't.  If you don't like that sort of stuff, don't go fuckin' see it.  As you said yourself. 

Comedy doesn't have to be dissected, analysed and fuckin' contexted (word?).  Fuckin' jokes, funny stories, analogies, double entendres, quips, one-liners.  Who gives a fuck?  It's fuckin' comedy.  Subjective? Aye, so take it for whatn it is.  FUCKIN' COMEDY.

I would find it hilarious if someone went up on a stage, pulled their pants down, and took a huge steaming dump. I imagine the image of them forcing it out in front of a crowd of shocked patrons, would cause me to cry laughing. 

In reality though, you're defecating yourself in a public space. Do you get away with that cause it's in the name of comedy?

Just now, CCB III said:

I would find it hilarious if someone went up on a stage, pulled their pants down, and took a huge steaming dump. I imagine the image of them forcing it out in front of a crowd of shocked patrons, would cause me to cry laughing. 

In reality though, you're defecating yourself in a public space. Do you get away with that cause it's in the name of comedy?

Correct.  Now you see sense.

Guest milne_afc
4 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Comedy is only actually comedy if it’s funny

Funny to who, though and in what kinda numbers? 
I mind JS had a show on BBC1(Scotland) and thought it was ace but that would have been almost 30 years ago.

I think it’s supposed to be deep irony and satire - he’s nae a real psycho. He’s been knocked out on stage in Canada of all places; he could even be a poof for all we know.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

I mind JS had a show on BBC1(Scotland) and thought it was ace but that would have been almost 30 years ago.

I think it’s supposed to be deep irony and satire - he’s nae a real psycho. He’s been knocked out on stage in Canada of all places; he could even be a poof for all we know.

Aye but using racial slurs, in any context, is that actually funny? 

How do we know he's not just a bigot who likes saying that shit on stage knowing he can get away with it under the guise of "comedy?"

I suppose it depends if he does it day to day. 

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Funny to the person who is watching it i suppose. 
You can only really speak on behalf of yourself.

Like the example of that joke of his you posted is just not funny to me. It just goes too far. Plenty of material to make funny without going for stuff that is obviously going to upset some folk.

It doesn’t offend me, i don’t give a fuck.

I just don’t think it’s funny.

Aye but using racial slurs, in any context, is that actually funny? 

How do we know he's not just a bigot who likes saying that shit on stage knowing he can get away with it under the guise of "comedy?"

I suppose it depends if he does it day to day. 

Of couse it can be and many find it so.

The rest is yer usual analytical pish.

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I suppose it depends if he does it day to day

I always thought the test of a real racist was if they looked, or more pertinently, didn’t look over their shoulder before telling a risqué gag.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I always thought the test of a real racist was if they looked, or more pertinently, didn’t look over their shoulder before telling a risqué gag.

Haha, maybe. 

Even then a real racist probs knows they'd get knocked out so they'll look anyway. 

3 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Yes

So anyone can do anything they want, say anything they like, as long as they are on a stage, and call themselves a comedian? 

Could I tweet terrorist threats to the British government for example, but as long as my bio clarifies im a comedian, that should be cool?

Its a blurry line. 

So anyone can do anything they want, say anything they like, as long as they are on a stage, and call themselves a comedian? 

Could I tweet terrorist threats to the British government for example, but as long as my bio clarifies im a comedian, that should be cool?

Please do.  I'd come see you. I'd laugh like fuck.  You'd be safe I'm sure.