VAR in the SPFL

Just now, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I don’t blame VAR, it’s the refs using it. The inconsistency across all the decisions are a disgrace. 
The SFS need to seriously invest to raise the standard.
They need to become full time and get some experienced former refs into the train them.  

Full time refs will make no difference. 

It's a complete cultural change we need. 

11 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

VAR stops them cheating on offside goals. That’s it’s one fair use as they can’t draw a wiggly line. 

Not really, the morelos goal against us at Ibrox was reviewed for offside,  multiple angles of harvey knocking in the goal,  he was clearly onside. 

The boy that crossed it 1st time possibly received the ball in an offside position,  wasn't looked at. 

Incompetence or something else?

1 minute ago, shut up meg said:

Not really, the morelos goal against us at Ibrox was reviewed for offside,  multiple angles of harvey knocking in the goal,  he was clearly onside. 

The boy that crossed it 1st time possibly received the ball in an offside position,  wasn't looked at. 

Incompetence or something else?

A rhetorical question surely. 

The handball rule has become such a fucking minefield that I now think there's only one remedy

Clearly you cannot do away with it.....so the only answer is to make every single instance of handball a free kick or penalty. Tough shit if it was unintentional or unavoidable. At least by doing this you would get consistency in things. 

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The handball rule has become such a fucking minefield that I now think there's only one remedy

Clearly you cannot do away with it.....so the only answer is to make every single instance of handball a free kick or penalty. Tough shit if it was unintentional or unavoidable. At least by doing this you would get consistency in things. 

The problem with that though is rather than going for goal you would be better aiming at someone’s hand for the pen.

5 minutes ago, Fridge said:

The problem with that though is rather than going for goal you would be better aiming at someone’s hand for the pen.

Aye.  Ball to hand and hand to ball were relatively straight forward for most people to work out. 

The new rules/laws are a mess.  Sometimes I think the football authorities actually prefer rules that are ambiguous because it gives them wriggle room. 

Offside is another example of an over engineered solution. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye.  Ball to hand and hand to ball were relatively straight forward for most people to work out. 

The new rules/laws are a mess.  Sometimes I think the football authorities actually prefer rules that are ambiguous because it gives them wriggle room. 

Offside is another example of an over engineered solution. 

Should either bin offside rule all together or use those player data things stuck on every players backs for offside calls. No arguments then

19 minutes ago, Fridge said:

No the main problem with that is it will result in penalties been given against Rangers and Celtic so therefore it’s a non starter, right now the establishment have control of that! 

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

And interpetatrated by corrupt or useless refs.

I agree however the initial comment regarding the handball rule above mentioned changing it so all handballs were a foul, intentional or not, this progressed to @Fridge posting about targeting arms and @RedForever posting that it wouldn't change due as it would affect rangers and celtic.

I only pointed out that the SFA cannot alter the rules of the game.

37 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

I don't buy into the whole corruption thing, more it's incompetence and VAR officials not being given clear guidance on how to interpret the rules correctly.

Yeah but how fucking difficult can it be? Referee you would think must know the rules so within two seconds could say wtf happened, ball smacked off the boy’s dish and hit his hand. Ok cheers pen or no pen.

Nae idea if that would actually be a pen or not as I’m nae a ref but anyone watching on tv can see what happened and it could be dealt within 2 secs.

42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

So Huns refereeing the Huns & Tims refereeing the Tims isn’t corrupt?

No it's not corrupt, it's an unfortunate situation. If you removed all off the match officials who were either Celtic or Rangers fans you would be left with next to no match officials.

The bulk of the Scottish population are central belt based and it's safe to assume that the bulk of match officials come from the central belt and in turn they will most likely be Celtic or Rangers fans.

Referees should be made to explain their decisions with regards to certain situations for sure.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

No it's not corrupt, it's an unfortunate situation. If you removed all off the match officials who were either Celtic or Rangers fans you would be left with next to no match officials.

The bulk of the Scottish population are central belt based and it's safe to assume that the bulk of match officials come from the central belt and in turn they will most likely be Celtic or Rangers fans.

Referees should be made to explain their decisions with regards to certain situations for sure.

It's absolutely mental that known Huns and Tim's are allowed to ref their respective clubs. How can they possibly be unbiased. 

How long has it been since the Huns even conceded a penalty in the domestic game? Yet in Europe they gave away 3 or 4. 

Corrupt as fuck. 

28 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

It's absolutely mental that known Huns and Tim's are allowed to ref their respective clubs. How can they possibly be unbiased. 

How long has it been since the Huns even conceded a penalty in the domestic game? Yet in Europe they gave away 3 or 4. 

Corrupt as fuck. 

Even if they say they’re impartial, there’s “subconscious bias”. 

The trouble is, some of the time it looks like conscious bias.

As long as there’s fans of the filth refereeing their games, the accusations & suspicions that the game in Scotland is corrupt will never go away.

It’ll also always be that way & never change unless the clubs do something about it. 

4 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Well to be honest that's unfortunate however the SFA/SPFL need to find neutral refs , if that means employing English refs or other nationalities then so be it,  having to play them 4 times each a season gives them a big enough advantage over everyone without further help.  Only issue is that the scots refs might get shown up, the level of refereeing here is diabolical.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:13 AM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye.

The scum banned the BBC for years, for no reason.

The BBC will now tip toe around the cunts for ever more so they don’t get banned again.

That’ll be one of the reasons gave the Sportsound presenters job to a known hun supporter. 

To be fair, the BBC is extremely "celtic-minded", the BBC scotland sport side and I know that for a fact 

• Dildo 2
Guest findlay_1903
9 hours ago, Millertime said:

To be fair, the BBC is extremely "celtic-minded", the BBC scotland sport side and I know that for a fact 

What’s the fact?