Next Manager

Fuck going to the final to get pumped off a rangers team who appear to be getting a semblance of their shit together. 10 men behind the ball could end up like today. In a final….Jesus. Getting nightmares already. 

We will definitely play this formation against them. 100%. It’s fucking worrying it really is. 

1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

It sounds odd given his two previous managerial appointments lasted less than a year in the job, but Cormack's been slow to act when sacking managers. And i expect no different with Barry Robson. He's going nowhere anytime soon, yet there's an inevitability about how this plays out and it's unlikely he'll still be in charge come the end of the season.

As pretty much everyone's said, Robson's criminally inexperienced and should never have been given the job on a permanent basis. His advocates will point to the winning run which saw him appointed, but it's in adversity every bit as much as when the going's good that managers prove themselves. Right now Robson's faltering and he doesn't have the grounding he'd have, had he cut his teeth in the lower leagues, which would see him through.

After the first round of league games we sit in 9th place, two points off bottom spot. European football and 7 away fixtures from our first 11 games are mitigating factors. But 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats from our four home games is pretty dire and puts a fair dent in the, on the road argument.

Results are ultimately what decides a managers fate and since last season's post split fixtures, Robson is performing shockingly in that department. But there are other concerns which are equally damning.

Robson's tactically inept, seemingly unable to learn from mistakes/defeats and very easy to read for opposition managers.

He makes terrible use of his substitutes. You can look at the bench before kick off and predict what changes will be made. And they almost always come too late.

He fails to make use of the squad at his disposal. Which is bizarre given how frequently he references the number of fixtures we're playing, the drain of Thursday/Sunday football and the need for a large pool of players.

The football is horrific. It's incredibly negative and ineffectual. If it were backed by results, it could partly be excused. But it's not, it's eye bleeding stuff. The kind that makes fans not want to go to the ground or tune into the game.

The writing's on the wall, right now Dave Cormack just doesn't want to read it.

Spot on.

44 minutes ago, scottymc said:

Fuck going to the final to get pumped off a rangers team who appear to be getting a semblance of their shit together. 10 men behind the ball could end up like today. In a final….Jesus. Getting nightmares already. 

We will definitely play this formation against them. 100%. It’s fucking worrying it really is. 

Thing is what else can we do with the recruitment we’ve done? We’ve no wingers and loads of central defenders and central midfielders. 

I guess you never know rangers might squander numerous chances and we can fluke it 1-0?

But generally I agree. This negative approach every week is tough to watch.

2 hours ago, JamieMT said:

It sounds odd given his two previous managerial appointments lasted less than a year in the job, but Cormack's been slow to act when sacking managers. And i expect no different with Barry Robson. He's going nowhere anytime soon, yet there's an inevitability about how this plays out and it's unlikely he'll still be in charge come the end of the season.

As pretty much everyone's said, Robson's criminally inexperienced and should never have been given the job on a permanent basis. His advocates will point to the winning run which saw him appointed, but it's in adversity every bit as much as when the going's good that managers prove themselves. Right now Robson's faltering and he doesn't have the grounding he'd have, had he cut his teeth in the lower leagues, which would see him through.

After the first round of league games we sit in 9th place, two points off bottom spot. European football and 7 away fixtures from our first 11 games are mitigating factors. But 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats from our four home games is pretty dire and puts a fair dent in the, on the road argument.

Results are ultimately what decides a managers fate and since last season's post split fixtures, Robson is performing shockingly in that department. But there are other concerns which are equally damning.

Robson's tactically inept, seemingly unable to learn from mistakes/defeats and very easy to read for opposition managers.

He makes terrible use of his substitutes. You can look at the bench before kick off and predict what changes will be made. And they almost always come too late.

He fails to make use of the squad at his disposal. Which is bizarre given how frequently he references the number of fixtures we're playing, the drain of Thursday/Sunday football and the need for a large pool of players.

The football is horrific. It's incredibly negative and ineffectual. If it were backed by results, it could partly be excused. But it's not, it's eye bleeding stuff. The kind that makes fans not want to go to the ground or tune into the game.

The writing's on the wall, right now Dave Cormack just doesn't want to read it.

As you say it’s all inevitable but Cormack will give Robson more and more time but nothing will change. He is friends with Robson/Gunn etc. 

We fluked that semi v Hibs. I loved it and hope we do same v rangers. But reality is if we’d lost pressure would be piled on club. 

Nobody enjoys this football. It’s disgusting 

1 hour ago, scottymc said:

Probably a safe call sacking the final off, however I’ll still go for the minuscule chance we do it. Fuck missing us beat the Huns and lift a trophy, will just make sure to leave early if they take a comfortable lead. 

4 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Do you not think it's with good reason? Do you still think Robson is the man for the job? I can't say I'm seeing it myself 

I have always said the club is the most important thing. I do feel the signings at times show promise but to gel an entire team takes time. A fourth manager in less than three years is not the answer. To be honest l think the European group involvement has come a year too early.

I do worry about Hayes still being selected. I also do not think he uses his squad as best he could. But to change manager with a cup final coming up l think would be a mistake. People will say l am looking for excuses but l do not think the SPFL/SFA have done us any favours with our fixture list ( we have 9 games in December)and a number of the refs who have been in charge of our games. I firmly believe that once the heavy fixture list eases things will level out.

Some of the names being suggested on this forum to be our next manager is nothing short of laughable and will lead to another change. As l have said before show me one club who have been successful when they keep changing managers?!

• Downvote 2
  • Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, G man said:

I have always said the club is the most important thing. I do feel the signings at times show promise but to gel an entire team takes time. A fourth manager in less than three years is not the answer. To be honest l think the European group involvement has come a year too early.

I do worry about Hayes still being selected. I also do not think he uses his squad as best he could. But to change manager with a cup final coming up l think would be a mistake. People will say l am looking for excuses but l do not think the SPFL/SFA have done us any favours with our fixture list ( we have 9 games in December)and a number of the refs who have been in charge of our games. I firmly believe that once the heavy fixture list eases things will level out.

Some of the names being suggested on this forum to be our next manager is nothing short of laughable and will lead to another change. As l have said before show me one club who have been successful when they keep changing managers?!

We had c3 weeks off in the last international break and the Dundee cancellation. we’ve played a 3rd of the league season and we’re 8th! Despite  some encouraging European performances we haven’t won a game, we’re in the league cup final, but were rank against a pub team and Hibs in the semi, where we rode our luck in both games. I do appreciate your point on frequency of managerial change, but we need more gel than L’Oréal to turn this around. 
it breaks my heart to watch some of this and we’ve been here before, but unless we invest now, in someone that knows what they’re doing, I can’t see what’s going to change, min..

results, performances and tactics like today, irrespective of Europe are utterly unacceptable. It’s humiliating! 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I hate robson but I utterly hate cormack as that cunts ego & vanity is more important to him than the club as a whole.

He'll go down as a failure of a chairman. He tries to act like a manager, Director & chairman all @ the same time.

We must go for a really experienced manager with a good track record. But Mr vain won't budge.

I know what I want and I want it now

robson oot

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, G man said:

To be fair the reason most clubs sack managers is because they are unsuccessful so it seems fairly obvious there won’t be any examples? 

6 hours ago, G man said:

Chelsea.

55 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Chelsea.

Spent over £1 billion on players in last three transfer windows. Big name managers who then are paid off in £ millions.No European football and league position currently in 10 th. Chelsea , in my opinion proves my point that constantly changing managers does not work.

7 hours ago, G man said:

You think instead of appointing a manager suitable for the level of football we are playing , we should lower our level to the manager we’ve got?

Mental.

Appointing the wrong managers is the problem, not sacking them.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, G man said:

The fixtures in December - which I agree aren't great - have nothing to do with the poor form and rubbish tactics he's overseen so far though. That's Robson's doing. As you say, it's also his fault re his poor use of the squad. 

The new signings show promise when we keep the ball down and pass it around well - like against Motherwell - but he doesn't seem to want to keep playing like that, as he returns to the long ball rubbish next game. I don't get why he does this. Kilmarnock and the St J games were absolutely awful to watch. 

As much as I get where you're coming from re changing manager again...his blatant stubbornness to stick with what is clearly failing will ultimately be his downfall. Yesterday was the final embarrassment in a list of quite a few he's managed to oversee.

as for the names mentioned - I wouldn't take them as serious suggestions. Plus it isn't here that makes the next appointment!

24 minutes ago, G man said:

Spent over £1 billion on players in last three transfer windows. Big name managers who then are paid off in £ millions.No European football and league position currently in 10 th. Chelsea , in my opinion proves my point that constantly changing managers does not work.

Under the new owner. 

Abramovic sacked managers for fun and in his spell won multiple league titles in a very competitive league and 2 Champions Leagues. If that isn’t successful then fuck knows what is. 

Flip the question - what manager has been successful after winning 6 in 20 games, getting beat 6-0 and papped out Europe with no wins in 6 games?

Managers don’t turn these things round often, that’s why teams sack managers so often. Once it reaches this stage it’s finished.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, G man said:

None of them can be as laughable as the horrific joke that is Robson. His brand of football is bringing the game into disrepute. It would be absolute madness to allow this to continue. St Johnstone have acted swiftly and there is no chance of them lingering at the bottom with Levein. 

Which of the signings show promise? Clarkson showed promise, look at him now. Duk has gone backwards, a reliable McDonald can't get near the park. Other notable additions like Gueye, Dadia,Williams and Soker would be as well spending match days in their house. 

19 minutes ago, Helmet said:

You think instead of appointing a manager suitable for the level of football we are playing , we should lower our level to the manager we’ve got?

Mental.

Appointing the wrong managers is the problem, not sacking them.

Agree with this, pressed the wrong reaction and have now used up all my reactions for the day and it won’t let me change it 😂

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Under the new owner. 

Abramovic sacked managers for fun and in his spell won multiple league titles in a very competitive league and 2 Champions Leagues. If that isn’t successful then fuck knows what is. 

Flip the question - what manager has been successful after winning 6 in 20 games, getting beat 6-0 and papped out Europe with no wins in 6 games?

Managers don’t turn these things round often, that’s why teams sack managers so often. Once it reaches this stage it’s finished.

Particularly if the manager has no previous experience of managing at any level or even as an assistant manager to a top manager from which he might have learnt a few things.

It's got the ebbe vibes about it this season. I honestly think the players if not already look like chucking it under Barry. 

We have good players, alot of them international players, and their being asked to stick 10 behind the ball, and hope we can hold on and get a lucky punt up the park to a forward 40 yards away and isolated 

I run a Sunday team better than what we have in charge of our club.

As has been said already a competant manager in charge of this squad could get us playing at least competitive football with a chance to lift a cup for the 1st time in 9 years, no chance I'm going unless we have someone else in the dugout, and after all the noise we made, me included, were going to look tinpot as I bet I'm not alone and we'll get no where near selling out our allocation

20 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

as for the names mentioned - I wouldn't take them as serious suggestions. Plus it isn't here that makes the next appointment!

We couldn’t make a bigger cunt of it than the “FMB”.

They’re more to blame than Robson. 

As clueless as Robson is, it’s not his fault he’s manager.

Trusting these proven ill equipped clowns to make decisions is the issue. 

8 hours ago, G man said:

Changing the manager is the ONLY option to take us forward, we are continually playing negative tactics to "frustrate" the bigger teams (which according to Robson is now everyone we play against) and hope for a long ball breakthrough for Miovski to get on to. we have neither the personell or tactical knowledge to make that tactic work it is clear to 99% of the support as well as the media it just seems to be unclear to the manager that for some bizzare reason you want to keep in place to avoid "changing the manager". simple fact is he was the wrong choice and to continue with him will only end us in bigger trouble.

51 minutes ago, G man said:

If you discard the fact they are the second most successful English team of the 21st century thus far. 

I'm assuming only city have overtaken them. 

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

The key isn’t sacking him asap, it’s getting us set up to appoint the successor asap.

Work out what we want in a manager and get scouring Europe and beyond to find candidates and when we have a list of potentials start sounding some of them out quietly.

That’s the big concern, though.

“Work out what we want.”

Cast your mind back 10 months and a tearful Cormack at Easter Rd, minutes after Goodwin vaulted the advertising boards. He promised he would fix it. He hasn’t. He’s exacerbated it. He’s somehow made it worse.

And you can speak about Burrows subsequent arrival but how much power does he actually have? He’s went very quiet lately. How much of a say will he have in the next appointment, whenever that is? Has he superseded the FMB? Or is he now part of it?

Its a mess and the only way we ever would make the right appointment would be pure pot luck.

Burrows needs to stand up and be counted now, he is a confident articulate man, and he is also a football man. None of which he sees and hears should be doing anything other than enabling / forcing him to be having the difficult discussion with Dave to make the decision we, and undoubtedly he in his heart probably knows is right.   
There is no point in having talented individuals in a rudderless ship, that’s pointing in the wrong direction and getting further and further away from the desired destination.  
I would far rather see significant investment in a proven manager that can get us playing football again, afford us a confidence and momentum, than new players in January, a person that can build on all the good work that Dave IS Delivering in building our brand and a community spirit. 
Alan, we need you to stand up and be counted now, it’s not easy but the right decision has to be made, irrespective of the difficulty of doing so.  
Let’s be quite clear, yesterday was humiliating and it’s simply not acceptable that this is becoming the norm.