Coronavirus

Henry

4 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Or

If people adhered to these restrictions, as opposed to thinking they know best, then perhaps we would not need them as much ?

So if they are the problem, why would giving them more restrictions to ignore help? 

It's gone on too long, with too many lies, fuck ups, 'mistakes' over stats, failed schemes, finger pointing, shaming and denial of common sense that  implementing ever tougher restrictions is pointless. Sturgeon has lost people's trust now and people will live their lives as best they can now. If that means following or ignoring the restrictions so be it. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So if they are the problem, why would giving them more restrictions to ignore help? 

It's gone on too long, with too many lies, fuck ups, 'mistakes' over stats, failed schemes, finger pointing, shaming and denial of common sense that  implementing ever tougher restrictions is pointless. Sturgeon has lost people's trust now and people will live their lives as best they can now. If that means following or ignoring the restrictions so be it. 

Unfortunately you are correct, for a section of society no amount of restrictions will deter them from attempting to go about their daily lives not giving a fuck about their actions or the effect it is having on others.

While Nicola Sturgeon has had a wee wobble of late I reckon she still has the trust of the majority of the population. Aye everyone is getting bored and fed up of COVID-19 but until the vaccine is approved and widely available we will have to put up with restrictions.

Ironically those who currently break the rules will also probably be the same ones who refuse to take the vaccine quoting conspiracy theories to one and all.

21 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Unfortunately you are correct, for a section of society no amount of restrictions will deter them from attempting to go about their daily lives not giving a fuck about their actions or the effect it is having on others.

While Nicola Sturgeon has had a wee wobble of late I reckon she still has the trust of the majority of the population. Aye everyone is getting bored and fed up of COVID-19 but until the vaccine is approved and widely available we will have to put up with restrictions.

Ironically those who currently break the rules will also probably be the same ones who refuse to take the vaccine quoting conspiracy theories to one and all.

That doesn't seem that ironic.  It seems quite logical that the people who break the rules the most would be least likely to sign up for the vaccine.

As for rule-breaking, it's a trust thing for a lot of people and there will be a lot of people who were abiding by the rules first time round, who are not so much now.

40 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Lockdown, poverty and denial of human rights is not the way to 'defeat the virus' I think we can see that now. The reaction is totally out of proportion to the threat and the majority of people can see through the lies and spin to work that out for themselves. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Chief exec. Of Dunbartonshire saying that they should have been placed in level 4 weeks ago.

The whole region should have.

Also what a surprise that the figures today have halfed just when they are deciding the levels.

I assume he made a formal request to the Scottish Government to be put in Tier 4 weeks ago then?

It's all very well saying that now, but if he/she never came forward weeks ago, then they're not much of a chief executive.

18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I think there will have to be a major change in attitude for it to happen. Do you think football clubs can survive until next season for it to happen? 

Good to see you're a little more optimistic than you were a few weeks ago. 

I have no doubt some football teams will struggle to survive, just like some businesses. But I am 100% convinced their will be live football again. 

How many of the 12 teams in the SPFL do you think will be about next season?

39 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I assume he made a formal request to the Scottish Government to be put in Tier 4 weeks ago then?

It's all very well saying that now, but if he/she never came forward weeks ago, then they're not much of a chief executive.

I think he was making the valid point nothing has changed in the last 4/5 weeks so why the change now.

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Good to see you're a little more optimistic than you were a few weeks ago. 

I have no doubt some football teams will struggle to survive, just like some businesses. But I am 100% convinced their will be live football again. 

How many of the 12 teams in the SPFL do you think will be about next season?

I've no idea. I'm no more optimistic I still think that there will be a struggle to get pubs as we know them, live football and gigs back. I can't see our government changing their attitude. 

20 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Still none the wiser. Be honest though Parko, rich celebrities preaching to normal folk(using their platform) must get on your tits sometimes. Lewis Hamilton banging on about global warming is my particular lowlight. 

Lockdown from Monday after the Hun game pretty much guaranteed.

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

In Scotland? No. 

In full agreement. If it was going to happen on a permanent basis (albeit with a maximum of, say,  a quarter of capacity of each ground in the country being permitted as part of a gradual.process towards full capacity in the future), it would be happening by now, primarily on the back of the successful return of supporters pilot schemes in Aberdeen and Dingwall. 

With adequate social distancing, testing and hygiene protocols in place  there is absolutely no reason why supporters could not have been facilitated to return to football, or any other sport for that matter, long before now.  

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Fancy a wager? £50 there will be some form of paying fans in attendance.

Looser pays £50 to charity of the winners choice.

@manboobs109 sorry, forgot to quote you.

I'm up for that. I win if the games don't take place in Scotland as well though(they could be moved due to Sturgeon's intransigence) 

I'll warn you though I've never lost a bet on here.