Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

18 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Richard Gordon in today's p and j has said, lose today and he's a goner. 

Yeah, just read Richard’s column in the P&J

Clearly, moves are afoot.

In fact, you can rewind to early Jan. One minute, we are bringing in GMS and Brophy, the next, nobody. It’s obvious DC marked McInnes’ card right there and then, which has been followed by the County and Livvie debacles and will have the resultant affect tomorrow 

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, just read Richard’s column in the P&J

Clearly, moves are afoot.

In fact, you can rewind to early Jan. One minute, we are bringing in GMS and Brophy, the next, nobody. It’s obvious DC marked McInnes’ card right there and then, which has been followed by the County and Livvie debacles and will have the resultant affect tomorrow 

Yeah and why we've ended up signing only players on loan. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Cheers. TBH I never see the point in giving a manager a game or two to save his job. It never ends well. I mean if McInnes wins and keeps his job, how is his relationship with Cormack going to be after this. 

Yeah, the break up is inevitable now. Especially as mcinnes will know Cormack has briefed the media 

Can only be a matter of time till he's gone then. It would be pretty pointless making the threat only for the Hibs match and not for the  St Mirren and Celtic games. 

I've never wanted us to lose a game but if he's a dead man walking it's surely best to get things over an done with quickly and get a new era started

6 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Really poor and cheap from Cormack. Just sack him and pay up. 

Agree 100%.  Regardless of the decline over the past few years. No one can deny the good that McInnes has done for us and he deserves way more respect than having this shit leaked, any niggle between him and Cormack shouldn't come into it. 

Very poor from AFC if this is indeed what is happening. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Can only be a matter of time till he's gone then. It would be pretty pointless making the threat only for the Hibs match and not for the  St Mirren and Celtic games. 

I've never wanted us to lose a game but if he's a dead man walking it's surely best to get things over an done with quickly and get a new era started

Have to say, irrespective of current form, previous form, or my personal opinion of McInnes, I’m amazed that we look to be pulling the trigger mid season UNLESS Cormack has someone lined up to come in now.

Despite what I might have previously said, I’m not sure in Robson and Sheerin can stabilise us for the remainder of the season so I can only assume somebody is lined up.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Have to say, irrespective of current form, previous form, or my personal opinion of McInnes, I’m amazed that we look to be pulling the trigger mid season UNLESS Cormack has someone lined up to come in now.

Despite what I might have previously said, I’m not sure in Robson and Sheerin can stabilise us for the remainder of the season so I can only assume somebody is lined up.

Aye lets just hope Stephen Glass hasn't just booked himself an open business class single ATL-ABZ

4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Yes mcinnes has done a decent job,  but thats it, 

He excelled in a league bereft of big clubs, but proved to be nothing more than adequate, and average since

Fair enough, but it doesn't mean that the club should be leaking shit to the press. 

Keep it professional and show the man some respect. He has been our manager for nearly 8 years after all . This is not the correct way to end it. 

Quite disappointed by things being handled this way. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

This. Not surprising unfortunately but there are proper ways to do things and improper ways. Cormack is reacting to fan pressure but in reality, this should've been in planning well over a year ago. We will soon see how effective he is as chairman by the successor he announces. 

Agree. Said similar yesterday.

Stephen Glass would be a disaster with this current squad. We need a leader of men who the players respect and fear in equal measure, otherwise any attempt to implement a new style or ethos will fail spectacularly.

Also, Cormack’s remarks the other week, where he said rumours and innuendos were “ CRAP” - what was he getting at?

And, if we are to move to a more progressive DoF setup with a head  coach, why aren’t we signing players on pre contracts now, irrespective of the current managers situation?

Lastminute.com as per?

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Fair enough, but it doesn't mean that the club should be leaking shit to the press. 

Keep it professional and show the man some respect. He has been our manager for nearly 8 years after all . This is not the correct way to end it. 

Quite disappointed by things being handled this way. 

Agree. Not only from an integrity point of view, but also from a leadership point of view. Mcinnes should be answerable to the board behind closed doors without the need for press leverage from leaks. Pussy behaviour

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Also, Cormack’s remarks the other week, where he said rumours and innuendos were “ CRAP” - what was he getting at?

And, if we are to move to a more progressive DoF setup with a head  coach, why aren’t we signing players on pre contracts now, irrespective of the current managers situation?

Lastminute.com as per?

Eric Black director of fitba.

24 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Lastminute.com as per?

I imagine we are waiting to see how the pandemic measures look going forward, the player budget will be hugely affected if no crowds for next season 

32 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Agree. Not only from an integrity point of view, but also from a leadership point of view. Mcinnes should be answerable to the board behind closed doors without the need for press leverage from leaks. Pussy behaviour

Mcinnes is the fucking master of playing the press, he has had 8yrs of unfettered arselicking,  and the last 2 years of non accountability,  so perhaps he can't complain when the tables are turned 

• Upvote 3
29 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Eric Black director of fitba.

It won't surprise you that I agree. 

But it's a decent shout I believe he has retired from the coaching management side, but a dof role might well suit him, 

He has an endless list of contacts, he's worked at numerous clubs, 

He was an agent. So knows that side of things. 

And he has never shown anything but respect for AFC. 

I'm in. 

• Upvote 1