Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

39 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Agree. Not only from an integrity point of view, but also from a leadership point of view. Mcinnes should be answerable to the board behind closed doors without the need for press leverage from leaks. Pussy behaviour

Whilst yes he needs to be answerable to the board he also should be able to answer the press's questions.

He's had years of brown-nosing off so many in the press but he can't take justified criticism. He's happy to lap up praise but gets pissy over any criticism, been long over-due but he's showing he can't handle it

45 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Fair enough, but it doesn't mean that the club should be leaking shit to the press. 

Keep it professional and show the man some respect. He has been our manager for nearly 8 years after all . This is not the correct way to end it. 

Quite disappointed by things being handled this way. 

I kind of agree but also think club can't win scenario... Say nothing and folk moan. Set the manager some goals and leak it so folk know the concerns are shared, folk still moan. 

54 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Fair enough, but it doesn't mean that the club should be leaking shit to the press. 

Keep it professional and show the man some respect. He has been our manager for nearly 8 years after all . This is not the correct way to end it. 

Quite disappointed by things being handled this way. 

Don't disagree but that works both ways.

Docherty's interview when he had a right go at the fans for daring to question McInnes and what he has done for the club wasn't exactly professional and will not have gone unnoticed by Cormack. 

13 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Mcinnes is the fucking master of playing the press, he has had 8yrs of unfettered arselicking,  and the last 2 years of non accountability,  so perhaps he can't complain when the tables are turned 

Fair point. 

1 minute ago, AllyDon said:

Docherty's interview when he had a right go at the fans for daring to question McInnes and what he has done for the club wasn't exactly professional and will not have gone unnoticed by Cormacks. 

The amount of times McInnes has mentioned the fans in his entire time here could be counted on one hand. 

I don't expect him to pander to supporters but he barely acknowledges they exist. 

1 minute ago, AllyDon said:

Docherty's interview when he had a right go at the fans for daring to question McInnes and what he has done for the club wasn't exactly professional and will not have gone unnoticed by Cormacks. 

But it's par for the course, the attitude that the two of them have 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

There comes a point in most manager's careers when they cease being fearless and striving to learn and apply new things.  

This generally changes to becoming more cautious and hanging on to what you have and what you know rather than trying to break new ground. 

McInnes is a classic example of this. 

Certainly seems to be the case. Stale seems an apt description. 

Was listening to talksport the other day and they were going on about how Tottenham had been affected by failing at the final hurdle in the champions league final. A sliding doors moment. 

Kinda think that of the 2017 Cup final. 

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Certainly seems to be the case. Stale seems an apt description. 

Was listening to talksport the other day and they were going on about how Tottenham had been affected by failing at the final hurdle in the champions league final. A sliding doors moment. 

Kinda think that of the 2017 Cup final. 

Mourinho is another classic example of a manager who hangs on to things that worked in the past rather than evolving. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Millertime said:

Doing, generally what you should do is more than average

The off the field stuff was only possible because of him too

I'm starting to feel really sorry for him and this is not the way it should have ended

Shitebaggery from Cormack if he is responsible for these leaks

No sympathy at all, he's had an easy ride for way too long, 

Paterson, Skohvdal got far harder times for less 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't expect him to pander to supporters but he barely acknowledges they exist. 

They don't at present...  ?

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Hopefully Cormack is sleekit as fuck, makes McInnes feel his position is untenable and we can negotiate a significantly reduced pay-off. 

Fuck giving McInnes & Docherty circa £1 million. 

Exactly.

Folk go on about no way can we afford the pay off, but there's nae chance they would be getting it in full.

I'd imagine that happening where a club is getting rid of the manager for being shite is a very rare occurence.

Also, if they paid up in full, they'd be entitled to have the caveat that the pair wouldn't be able to work until end of next season when contract expires.

Or a gardening leave, basic wages so huge drop in income, stuck at AFC. Not good if they have ambitions of continuing their career at a similar level.

Hence a definite balance and negotiating point weighed more on the club's side than the management team.

Mcinnes has only his own interest at heart, 

He bleats on " my club" fucking shite, 

He knows the weegie press will lap up that shite, so hence will utilise it whenever he feels its appropriate, 

He's always been in it for himself, and that's fair enough, but don't think that shite will dupe the actual fans, 

Media and the ex chairman might swallow it we wont

2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I've been pilloried on here since then for saying the cunts time was up, and it was then, as it is now, and I've stuck to that 

Card should have been marked after the Sunderland flirtation and especially the Hun debacle less than 6 months later and a parting of the ways at the end of the 2017/18 season would have been best for all parties. 

The Hun job was the turning point.  He thought/knew he was untouchable and we were tied to him for longer and more money.  

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Mcinnes is the fucking master of playing the press, he has had 8yrs of unfettered arselicking,  and the last 2 years of non accountability,  so perhaps he can't complain when the tables are turned 

Could not give 1 flying fuck about the press. This is about our actions. The press are only ever looking for headlines - they have zero integrity so we shouldn’t be speaking to the clowns. Ever.

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Have you forgot him lifting his skirt to the huns? 

I don't think there was anything sleekit aboout it

It should have been a sacking offence for even considering it but he was absolutely open about what he was doing

I wonder if he's seen what Gordon has written. And I wonder if he now has a case for constructive dismissal on the strength of it?

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It should have been a sacking offence for even considering it but he was absolutely open about what he was doing

I wonder if he's seen what Gordon has written. And I wonder if he now has a case for constructive dismissal on the strength of it?

What’s Gordon written 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

The most embarrassing part was Milne letting him manage the team in two matches against them whilst the seemingly never ending negotiations took place. 

Should have been told to stay at home until he'd made his mind up. 

2 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Could not give 1 flying fuck about the press. This is about our actions. The press are only ever looking headlines - they have zero integrity so we shouldn’t be speaking to the clowns. Ever.

The press are looking to protect the big 2, by undermining and demeaning other clubs wherever possible, 

And hun dmcs, defeatist, negative compliance to their agenda is exactly what they want and we should find unacceptable 

52 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

It won't surprise you that I agree. 

But it's a decent shout I believe he has retired from the coaching management side, but a dof role might well suit him, 

He has an endless list of contacts, he's worked at numerous clubs, 

He was an agent. So knows that side of things. 

And he has never shown anything but respect for AFC

I'm in. 

Not sure that was quite the case when he fucked off to France? 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The most embarrassing part was Milne letting him manage the team in two matches against them whilst the seemingly never ending negotiations took place. 

Should have been told to stay at home until he'd made his mind up. 

Never mind going to a hotel in Glasgow to discuss signing targets for the rangers. A dark day in our recent past.