Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Mcinnes is the fucking master of playing the press, he has had 8yrs of unfettered arselicking,  and the last 2 years of non accountability,  so perhaps he can't complain when the tables are turned 

In absolute fairness to the man it’s fair to say he genuinely believes the know our place thing hence he won’t understand the pressure shift. Utterly ingrained.  I liken it to a comment once made by a hun about why EBTs weren’t an issue.  He reasoned “we’d have won thae titles onyways the tax thing just let us do it in style.”

No arguing with that level of indoctrination.

41 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Mourinho is another classic example of a manager who hangs on to things that worked in the past rather than evolving. 

Slight difference is Mourinhou is a serial winner, look at his time at Porto, won the UEFA Cup then Champions League.

Whilst I highly doubt we'l ever win that he at least had the right mentality, something McInnes has never really had the last few years at least

Just now, Granite95 said:

Slight difference is Mourinhou is a serial winner, look at his time at Porto, won the UEFA Cup then Champions League.

Whilst I highly doubt we'l ever win that he at least had the right mentality, something McInnes has never really had the last few years at least

Aye but the point is that Mourinho is very much a yesterdays man now bound by cautious and negative tactics based on similar but less cautious tactics that worked for him in the past. Also the change in his mindset that because of his past achievements he mustn't be questioned. 

Both of those factors exist with our manager. 

Just now, Granite95 said:

One of the wrost thing Milne did was give him that pay-rise. Really has hindered the club as we can't afford to sack him really

There was a genuine buzz in the fan base in the immediate aftermath of him turning down the Sunderland job.  

But in the aftermath of the Huns situation less than 6 months later the mood was completely different. That period changed everything and trust had gone with a large proportion of the fan base at that point. 

So many parts of that period smell fishy.  McInnes suddenly deciding that Daniel Harvie and Frank Ross were good enough to play against the Huns after barely giving them a second glance prior to that was interesting to say the least 

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Just listened to lastnights Sportsound. 

Glad that the great Cammy Bell feels that we as dsns shouldn't expect to achieve any more than 3rd and that's our standing in the Scottish football landscape. Also that we're unreasonable for wanting McInnes gone and should appreciate what we've had and got with him.

Thanks  Cammy.

Wish these weegie "pundits" would shut the fuck up. 

Did anyone point out to the hun we've failed to achieve that for the last 2 seasons and the football we've had to endure in that time has been absolutely atrocious 

4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Glad that the great Cammy Bell feels that we as dsns shouldn't expect to achieve any more than 3rd and that's our standing in the Scottish football landscape. Also that we're unreasonable for wanting McInnes gone and should appreciate what we've had and got with him.

Thanks  Cammy.

Aye, I listened to that. "Grass isn't always greener" followed by "third place would be seen as a successful season" ... what about the last two seasons then? These thick melts have no clue!

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

If you turn down a club that's doing better than you and would pay you more then you deserve a payrise for staying. 

That's what happens everywhere 

Were they doing better at the time? 

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Wish these weegie "pundits" would shut the fuck up. 

Did anyone point out to the hun we've failed to achieve that for the last 2 seasons and the football we've had to endure in that time has been absolutely atrocious 

Folk who express an opinion & quote incorrect stats because they’re too stupid or fucking lazy to check should keep their nose out unless they’re aware of the facts. 

The other day that spastic John Hughes was defending McInnes.... he made a cunt of it because he wasn’t even aware we’d finished 2nd three years in a row

Toed the Scottish football line basically saying 3rd or 4th every year, what do they expect.

Just now, Millertime said:

Its utterly bizarre that he turned down 2 bigger offers and is being anything other than lauded for it

You're twisted 

?

Maybe.  

The first time I'll admit I was chuffed at the time. 

The second one just a few months later was a completely different feeling.  And it wasn't just because it was the Huns although I admit that was part of it obviously. 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There was a genuine buzz in the fan base in the immediate aftermath of him turning down the Sunderland job.  

But in the aftermath of the Huns situation less than 6 months later the mood was completely different. That period changed everything and trust had gone with a large proportion of the fan base at that point. 

So many parts of that period smell fishy.  McInnes suddenly deciding that Daniel Harvie and Frank Ross were good enough to play against the Huns after barely giving them a second glance prior to that was interesting to say the least 

Aye the fact he bascially jumped through hoops for them and still managed us when we had 2 games in 4 days wasnt it? Should've been told to make his mind up the day the interest was reported and not allowed anywhere near the squad until he'd chosen. Wish he did take the huns job, wouldve held them back years

20 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Thanks  Cammy.

They don't get it, on paper we should be 3rd but it's the style of football that's the main issue here. 31 goals in 26 games, a fair chunk penalties or set pieces, a third of the games we've failed to score and the kind of football that would disgust a hearts or st. johnstone fan.

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Dick Gordon seems to think we can

I mean we can sack him obviously. I just assumed with the financial uncertainty at the moment we wouldn't be entertaining it.

I guess with the insurance claim we could get some extra cash in. Still think this summer is the best time for a parting of ways

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

I am sick of hearing about 3rd and 4th and where we finish. The point that should be to the forefront of the Mcinnes debate is the  style of football is absolutely horrific and provides very little entertainment and it has steadily got worse every season he has been in charge

It’s not just the style of play. Finishing 1 point ahead of Motherwell to clinch third and 40 points old firm shouldn’t be regarded success it’s bare minimum. Being 15 adrift of old firm and 15 clear of Motherwell or whoever is 4th is minimum I’d expect. Now hibs are back in division there is more competition with similar budget and hearts will also have similar budget but with neither in league past few years we shouldn’t of even been in a fight for third. 

McInnes pissed me off with the third not being enough comment.

Because for me third is enough this season.

We need that Europa PO spot so badly. Being a dick about it is another nail in the coffin.

For me there is a time and a place to discuss whether we should be targeting 1st, 2nd, 3rd, top six or whatever. 

Right now we need to get third and hope the scottish cup is either cancelled or won by a top three team. That's life. We need that spot

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Dick Gordon was on Off the Ball just now and more or less repeated what he said in the P&J. Not his opinion, but just what feared will happen.

Yeah. He must have been given inside info. Derek McInnes job has always seemed pretty safe, even through this latest run. For Richard Gordon to suddenly start saying he fears that McInnes will get the dunt if he loses, he must have been given the nod by someone.