Coronavirus

Henry

45 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I see where your perennial optimism stems from. Where you feel sympathy, I have contempt. I agree with him that it's a farce but unlike the first wifie, he doesn't have any intelligence and lacks the balls to do anything other than moan.

But yeah, it's wrong that old stupid cunts like him (and everyone) are getting fucked by the government. 

I like old folk and can see how they have been manipulated and terrified by all this nonsense.

5 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

It must be a niche fetish to look at 83 year olds and think that.

You would think some posters on here have never seen females.

The way they speak about them makes you wonder if they are mostly all virgins.

Maybe they don't get out much.

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Exploring the case for the prosecution...

Listening to Nicola just now, what is the problem? Why are we all kicking up like fuck and blaming her? For what?

When the R is above one, obviously the spread of the virus needs to be tackled. So the actions required will naturally involve the reduction of social interactions.

The case for the prosecution therefore pertains only to the measures taken.

My biggest pain in the arse is restaurants and pubs but it's something I could live with if the R was guaranteed to come down. But I'm not sure it's making any difference. Do we have data that shows that pubs are superspreader risks?

I reckon they're making all this up on the hoof without having a clue about infection rates, transmissibility and actual risk, even after this many months.

Arguably the biggest problem has therefore been the science. Ok, Westminster was so bad at following the WHO recommendations at the start re test, test, test and abandoning the track and trace in March was nuts but either the scientists don't know enough to give good advice or the politicians are doing their own thing. Even if the scientists don't know enough to give good advice, they must surely be able to give best recommendations.

Whatever happens going forward, an independent body (like SAGE) needs to be completely apolitical and needs to be open, transparent and accountable. It also needs to be inclusive, unafraid to listen to the many dissenters and the many various views that properly qualified people have.

Its the system, the structure and the relationship with England that's been shown up to be broken, not the First Minister with one arm tied behind her back.

I Agree with every word you've written. 

• Downvote 2
4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

The ASC liberated the whole city and for that we should be eternally grateful. Plus, it was never random violence with them. They only went into battle with others who had agreed to meet up.

That's a wee bit rose-tinted.   I'd agree with you on match days, but after the ASC were very well established by the mid 80s with an under fives crew in the mix, there'd be a lot of unwarranted hassle in the town at night, Belmont Street / Crown Street etc, there would be random antagonism and if you got into it with them they'd blow a whistle and another dozen would appear from round the corner and descend like wolves.  it was uncool and they were disliked around town for this.  Matchdays however, yeah, respect due.

14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Ah I see. A fatality is required for you to win your argument. Whatever the fuck your argument is? Unless you could spell it out in less than 50 words, it won't be worth listening to anyway because if you can't summarise your key point with precision, it proves you've not thought anything through. 

I never said that.

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Westminster was so bad at following the WHO recommendations at the start re test, test, test and abandoning the track and trace in March was nuts

The UK abandoned testing the week before the WHO made the 'test, test, test' recommendation.

By the time they realised the virus was spreading, it was already too late, testing / contact tracing would have been futile at that point, lockdown was the only answer.

8 months on however, we should not be in the same situation again, but here we are. And that's at ALL UK government's doors.

• Upvote 1
Just now, rocket_scientist said:

Well if I'm struggling to understand you, and others think you're on the wind-up, why don't you state your position?

It could be five words only e.g. I agree with the government.

I don't agree with the Government though, well not at every level.  Going from lockdown to tight restrictions, nearing another lockdown is clearly doing a lot of damage, the virus is clearly a risk (not to some though as they clearly state every few posts) and we need to manage it however the treatment of Aberdeen compared to Glasgow was shit and very unfair.  

On the UK governments response to the whole thing it's been a complete shambles, locked down too late then opened too early, ignoring scientific advice, chasing vanity solutions (herd immunity) instead of working on an achievable one and all of the corruption on top of a massively expensive track and trace system that has been a cover for lining the pockets of their friends/donors.

25 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Idea for erotic fiction . Someone feel free to add the next paragraphs .

Edith was delighted her grandson’s friend Jack ,had seen her struggling with the heavy shopping bags and had offered to help her home with them . 
 She watched as he jogged up the stairs like a nimble gazelle ,laden with two huge Lidl bags and couldn’t help but notice the bulging biceps under his Superdry t/shirt .Even at 85 she still appreciated a fine looking man.
 “Ok Mrs Miller,” said Jack, slightly out of breath and hoping the old cunt would give a few quid for weed , “ Got to boost.Got some instagram to catch up on “.
 “Now don’t be silly ,Jack !’ laughed Edith  , “ I’ve just put the kettle on and you can enjoy a nice cup of tea and a slice of Victoria sponge. It’s the least I can do “ “

”Fuck sakes“ Jack thought to himself ,but took the old lady up  on her kindness “ Aye , that’ll be sound. A quick cup mind!”
 Edith smiled .Her kindly husband Bert had passed 20 years ago after a series of brutal strokes . She missed having a man about the place and it had been several months since she had taken a solid length.

Reads like an Irvine Welsh short story.  What happens next,  does she bring the gimp out? 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

So what are the points you do agree with that seem to be unpopular?

And what are you "milking"?

I agree with limited contact with others, wearing a mask in places where social distancing is harder to comply with, I agree with mass testing.

The thing I'm milking the reaction from the usual cunts on here that love to moan about absolutely everything.

41 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That thing about ‘casuals’ only attacking their rival casuals is a total fucking myth. 

Aye Celtic and Rangers scarfers used to get it as well

40 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't agree with the Government though, well not at every level.  Going from lockdown to tight restrictions, nearing another lockdown is clearly doing a lot of damage, the virus is clearly a risk (not to some though as they clearly state every few posts) and we need to manage it however the treatment of Aberdeen compared to Glasgow was shit and very unfair.  

On the UK governments response to the whole thing it's been a complete shambles, locked down too late then opened too early, ignoring scientific advice, chasing vanity solutions (herd immunity) instead of working on an achievable one and all of the corruption on top of a massively expensive track and trace system that has been a cover for lining the pockets of their friends/donors.

What's that then?

46 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That thing about ‘casuals’ only attacking their rival casuals is a total fucking myth. 

In general terms it is correct, if you get groups of folk looking for a scrap there is always going to be some rogue mental cases and some innocents get a doing. Not condoning it but just life.

25 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Yes. Fucking cretins .Attacked by Celtic casuals , chased by Huns and Motherwell.

Also mind two Huns fans, nicer guys you could not wish to meet , jumped by ‘ASC’ for having a tucked in scarf on display. 
 My pal was also jumped by Hibs and had the shit kicked out of him.

To put these morons on a pedestal as some sort of ‘Kray twin‘ “ they only kill their own,lovely blokes really” makes me laugh . 

uwotmate?